RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Help with 2 Vs tanks!!Sorry for the Newb question, just spent two hours reading posts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11691781-help-2-vs-tanks-sorry-newb-question-just-spent-two-hours-reading-posts.html)

Step1973 07-12-2021 08:40 PM

Help with 2 Vs tanks!!Sorry for the Newb question, just spent two hours reading posts

Hey guys,

this site is awesome and as much as I love it, my wife will likely equally hate it—so many new things I’ve seen that I now want!

so, I’m thinking this one will be an easy one for you guys but I swear, after looking for 2 hours, I couldn’t find a definite answer...

I was recently given two working vs Tanks (ce0678, m4a3 Sherman and Tiger I), both of which have stickers for vtx10 am digital (which I’ve learned is the transmitter designation, if I am not mistaken).

after searching for a bit, the only store I found online that had the VtX10 branded vs tank controller is sold out. My question: can I use other controllers? If not, any suggestion where I could find 2 controllers for prices that won’t kill me? I want my two kids to have a chance to enjoy these but if the price point is prohibitive, that will suck...

any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete beginner so please be gentle. I do promise to pay it forward in a year or so, when I can finally hopefully help someone like me.

Michal_Kaczorowski 07-12-2021 09:32 PM

Hello and welcome.. It seems those are 1/24 tanks? There are not expensive alternatives like Heng Long or Taigen electronics (made for 1/16 tanks). Question is if those will fit in smaller tanks.

Anubizz 07-14-2021 05:44 AM

Welcome, really hope someone can help you, however most likely cheaper to buy new plastic Henglong tank than replacing the electronic of rare rc tank not considering the space in 1/24 will be extremely tight, and it seems it have rubber track (this will fail soon and will be nightmare to replace it), if I were you I just use it as display piece as it seem it look descent especially if weather and buy 1 short barrel plastic HengLong tank like Sherman and Panzer 4 for the kids to play and if they really like it buy the second one for battle, it shoot bb , have ir battle , have smoke, and the most important of all its cheap and the replacement part is readily available and extremely cheap.

borealis 07-14-2021 07:10 AM

I had two of them. Their electronics are split in a couple of sub-boards and it is difficult to imagine an easy swap with a custom or HL board. For experienced only, I should say. It might require re-wiring connectors and so on.
Their transmitter was a button-type one, therefore not compatible with standard transmitters.
I would look on ebay for used transmitters, or complete models with same frequency transmitter (there were like 4 or something like that, not many available frequencies), you might find something there.

MAUS45 07-23-2021 03:16 PM

This could work? It is from 35rctank.com. P3
Also Clark has 1/35 controllers that could possibly work for 1/24. Welcome to CLARK MODEL