Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New 8ight T 2.0 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
iThinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 8ight T 2.0 RTR

Hi Everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm just recently getting back into the hobby and dusting off my RC's and decided to gift myself a new toy to celebrate. I picked up a Losi 8ight T 2.0 RTRabout a week ago, but still have not yet found time or weather to break it in.

So in the meantime, while I look for a day I can sneak out of work and down to the track, I have some time to tinker and screw it up before I ever set it on the track!

What would people consider the weaknesses of this RTR out of the box? I have seen some mention the servos. Any recomendations there? Also, plastic shock caps seem to be a downside from my reading.

Anything else I should look out for, or possible upgrade, or at least prepare to upgrade, right from the start?

This is my first 1/8 scale and only my second nitro. My other nitro is an HPI RS4 2, which I never really spent the time to tune properly because I was into racing electric, so I'm looking to take my time with this one and treat it properly.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New 8ight T 2.0 RTR

If you've been out of nitro for a while, I say just break it in, run it, and see what happens..

As for servos, for steering definitely a Hitec 7955 is the servo to get. Bulletproof.. It will outlast your truggy.. www.towerhobbies.com btw has a near-twin - the Hobbico TS-170 I think.. - for a lot cheaper...

Here it is:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRN6&P=ML

Beyond that, my advice would be, if it ain't broke don't fix it.. And when it breaks...., yeah, just fix it... Good luck..
Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
spinner11
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 8ight T 2.0 RTR

Well, I have about 2 quarts of fuel through mine and I would say it's pretty good. I've been out of the hobby for a while too and man have I missed out! I did pick up a Hitech 5945 for steering but have yet to install it because I just haven't had time. The stock one isn't too bad though. It seems to be strong enough for what I'm doing just running it around in the yard but I did notice that it has a little play in it at center. I have to tweak my steering trim to get it to run a perfectly straight line. I'll have more to compare it to once I install the other one. The engine holds a great tune though and while it seems like everything can be made to go faster and I can't wait to upgrade the engine the stock motor is pretty good. Good enough to pull the front wheels. So far I'm very impressed with the Truggy.