Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 OFNA X1 CRT RTR - New Purchase >

OFNA X1 CRT RTR - New Purchase

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFNA X1 CRT RTR - New Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA X1 CRT RTR - New Purchase

Hey Ihave been a long time reader but this is my first post. Ijust picked up a OFNAX1 CRT RTR as my first truggy in the RCworld. Ijust have a couple questions regarding my truck i hope someone would be able to answer for me.

As a beginner Iam wondering how difficult this truck will be to maintain and operate?

Also if anyone could give me an idea of the engine i have powering this unit, it says CRONOnear the base and RS 5 on the top? Is this the original power plant or an upgrade, if so is this a race engine? Is it any good?

Any tips or tricks to make my truggy run the best?

Thank you very much in advance for your responses
Old 01-21-2011, 08:21 PM

Default RE: OFNA X1 CRT RTR - New Purchase

I think it is a discontinued Novarossi motor. Decent in it's day, but probably worn out because of it's age. Previous owner probably added it. The current Jammin truggy is the X2, which would make sense.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:47 PM

Ya im not to sure what i have, all i know is i made a rookie mistake by not knowing what i bought first.

I am experiencing a problem right off the get go, the engine starts but just revs super high, the servors for the throttle are set low, not wide open, and when ever i touch the remote it just stalls?

The engine supposedly hasnt been run in the last 4 months but prior to that it was running perfectly as the previous owner was what he called him self, a vet in the local race scene and knew all the guys by name at the LHS.

Any pointers as to why its reving so high, i appoligise in advance if it is something simple, as i am fresh to the rc world as i bought my first truck this morninging on what i am hoping was a good deal.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: malibumulisha

Ya im not to sure what i have, all i know is i made a rookie mistake by not knowing what i bought first.

I am experiencing a problem right off the get go, the engine starts but just revs super high, the servors for the throttle are set low, not wide open, and when ever i touch the remote it just stalls?

The engine supposedly hasnt been run in the last 4 months but prior to that it was running perfectly as the previous owner was what he called him self, a vet in the local race scene and knew all the guys by name at the LHS.

Any pointers as to why its reving so high, i appoligise in advance if it is something simple, as i am fresh to the rc world as i bought my first truck this morninging on what i am hoping was a good deal.

its revving high because the idle gap is too large.... remove the carb restrictor...set the idle gap to .7 mm ( thickness of a X-acto blade)...then try to restart...it is critical that the idle gap be small and that the linkage is not hanging up....if the idle is set to .7 mm and its still revving high then you need to fatten the LSN till it starts to idle normally.....
Old 01-22-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't worry about the X1 being discontinued most of the common to break parts will fit off the X2 like arms, and such.

I've smashed mine up pretty good all I've broke was a arm, and a front bumper mount (Mines Brushless, and can go a extremely fast) both were easy to find.

Be glad its not as bad as the 1st used nitro I bought (1st hobby grade RC too, HPI MT1) that sucker was in horrendous condition which I overpaid on.
In all honesty in 1 year I had to swap out 85% of the parts due to them just snapping due to being brittle, and my motor was completely shot(thought I was the problem).

Your engine sounds like its tune is horrendous which is fixable if you tinker with it.

Might want to give this a watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZiU...x=0&playnext=1
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the link to the videos it helped alot and you were right it was just a tuning issue.

One more quick question tho.....if it runs fine with the glow chargerstill in the engine but as soon as i take it off the engine only runsfor a couple of seconds....my glow plug appears to be fine...is thisgenerally the case with a burnt out plug?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: malibumulisha

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the link to the videos it helped alot and you were right it was just a tuning issue.

One more quick question tho.....if it runs fine with the glow chargerstill in the engine but as soon as i take it off the engine only runsfor a couple of seconds....my glow plug appears to be fine...is thisgenerally the case with a burnt out plug?

too rich
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Ya, either too rich or you should try a new plug.

Is that the same plug that came with the used engine?