Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

center diff problem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
tazamazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default center diff problem???

ok i got my nitrage buggy on monday ,it had a sticky oiley substance on the metal frame. first thing that i thought was the center diff was leaking so i called tamiya america and they said it was a spray that they put on the motor to keep it from getting corrosion. well i looked that the diff.oil that i had 30,000 and it was the same stuff on the frame, well i just opened my center diff. and guess what? bone dry and none in it so hopefully i caught a big problem before it happened ,my manual says put 2/3 oil in it how full should i put in there full it up or half? and is there a seal i can put on it to seal it better?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:15 PM
hendocap

Default RE: center diff problem???

I use to run 30k on my X2 but was to much so I went down to 10K Center 3K Rear 7K front and have found my comfort zone . could have leaked out from sitting for so long, give another fill and clean around the area real good and watch it. Change out the o-rings if it continues. JMO
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
hendocap

Default RE: center diff problem???

I fill it up to the top.