Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Amosp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's it worth?

I have a Ten-T that I need to get rid of. It has the larger fuel tank, 17mm hex, Crime Fighter tires, Losi buggy body, and buggy and radio have vinyl wrap in wht/blk zebra stripe pattern. It is in a Losi carry bag.
Now for the bad. The ROSS is gone. It needs whatever type of backplate that someone would want to put on it. All 4 shocks need the rebuild kits with the seals.
It has had maybe a quart of fuel run thru it. I do not have time for it anymore and need to get rid of it. I have no idea what to ask for it in its present condition. Anyone have any idea what I should expect for it?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: what's it worth?

An incomplete car in need of repairs is near worthless. I probably wouldn't give you more than 80 to 100 bucks for it, because if it needs what you said it needs, then a buyer is going to assume it needs other things too, whether it does or not. You would be much better off repairing it to working order and selling it completely RTR.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: Amosp

I have a Ten-T that I need to get rid of. It has the larger fuel tank, 17mm hex, Crime Fighter tires, Losi buggy body, and buggy and radio have vinyl wrap in wht/blk zebra stripe pattern. It is in a Losi carry bag.
Now for the bad. The ROSS is gone. It needs whatever type of backplate that someone would want to put on it. All 4 shocks need the rebuild kits with the seals.
It has had maybe a quart of fuel run thru it. I do not have time for it anymore and need to get rid of it. I have no idea what to ask for it in its present condition. Anyone have any idea what I should expect for it?
A quart of fuel run and it already has a non operational ROSS and needs the shocks rebuilt? That doesn't sound right. If you're selling it, you'd need pictures. Same with an estimate. Withoutpictures, hard to say.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Amosp

I have owned it for about 2 yrs. It has mostly sat in the closet for the entire time. The ROSS fried like most of them do. I never got around to repairing it. As for the shocks, I got bored during the winter and decided to remove the blue anodizing from them and see if I could polish them. They were apart for a few days and my wife threw the seals away by accident. I am not lying about how much fuel I ran thru it.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Amosp

I have owned it for about 2 yrs. It has mostly sat in the closet for the entire time. The ROSS fried like most of them do. I never got around to repairing it. As for the shocks, I got bored during the winter and decided to remove the blue anodizing from them and see if I could polish them. They were apart for a few days and my wife threw the seals away by accident. I am not lying about how much fuel I ran thru it.
Most engines don't fry in a quart lol, you must have been running very lean.