Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
crazysavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

I would go with... 1st choice M11 with spektrim 2nd choice...3PK with spectrim...3rd choice DX3. The first two will have a nice resale value if you bail out they hold more models have more features and a much faster and noticeable response time. The DX3 is a nice radio but you will never have a glitch from any of them with spektrim and they all have fantastic cutomer support. This is my opinion, touch them feel them, look at your wallet and then look at the radios and make your decision.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 PM
ringneck

i have the m11 and will never buy another radio. i love the vibrtate warning mode that warns you when you are low on fuel. i also like the 3pk it feels alittle more natural in my hand but the radio to me is to complex but its a great radio to.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Dirby

i opened the jammin box tonight.
WOW.
what a rubicks cube.
in the first step mit said to use grease on the diff shafts.
is this grease supposed to be supplied in the kit?
there were no grease in the kit that i could find.
also it says something about shock oil.
the only oil i got was three bottles of diff oil and no shock oil.
are theese supposed to be provided or do you have to roll your own on theese?
thx Dirby.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Dnell

skmotoxxx,

They're all good radios but you'll need to check out the response time issue because as I understand it the DX3 is as fast as the others (part of what the 2.4ghz + not glitching) gives you. Secondly if you don't have the right servos it don't mean much anyway.

Look this is what I did when I shopped to replace my last radio. I went to the shop with 8 fully charged batts.. and asked to play with the ones they had available. I then ordered a couple of more after contacting the dealers directly, I explained I was searching for a new radio and if after seeing feeling their model, could I send it back if I didn't like it? They agreed and that's how I ended up with the Helios. There is a JR version of the Helios being sold at the moment with Spektrum. I've had a 3PK and the Helios is much nicer to use, it's a harder choice between it and the M11, for me where it wins is the interface in intuitive and the overall balance, for me, is better especially during long mains.

But like crazysavage said, you really need to touch them and feel them and go from there, that's what I did and now I'm very happy.

I'd check out that Nomadio system as well. One thing I found interesting about the radio is the angle of the wheel is the same to what you can achieve with the KO with the optional wheel adapter.

Seriously though, shop around cause this is a big choice you're about to make and none of the top radios are cheap. Take your time.

http://www.nomadio.net/default.asp?ilevel1=2&iLevel2=38

http://www.ehobbies.com/ItemDetail.d...VI&extid=rdrct
Old 02-11-2006, 07:28 AM
crazysavage

Dnell, I'm not trying to upstage you on this subject... I run the M8...I was allowed to bind up an M11 to my car...it responds way faster than the M8, I could really feel the dif. Next I bound up a young kid's new 3pk and it responded faster than the M11. My dauhter runs the DX3, I left my radio at home when going to a race two hours away and that is the reason I purchased it in the first place. I had to use it all day. It' responds slower than all of them. Does this mean any thing. maybe not, but facts are facts and I can tell you that with my daughters buggy there is world of difference when I run it at 131% steering and 125% with the DX3. All other rc's of mine have never needed more than 110% of the steering throw except hers but then again you spend all this money and if you get in a situation where a cetain feature can make it easier for you to get around the track and you dont have it, the DX3 would loose some of it's luster in your mind. No matter what radio you instal the spektrim system in, the characteristics of that radio are still in effect, including response time and features. Do you own stock in the DX3? I have to add that the DX3 is based off of the old school, mid line JR radios that they replaced with the XS line which are the ones you see in the Losi and sportwerks ready to runs. The designers of the system intended for it to replace the fm moduals of high line radios from the get go. Why didnt they use the new model XS3 line to create the DX3
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3449
Old 02-11-2006, 08:51 AM
roaddell

hey dirby look at those three bottles closer one is 50 weight shock oil you have to buy your own grease associted black grease and i think losi have some type of gear grease also
ORIGINAL: Dirby

i opened the jammin box tonight.
WOW.
what a rubicks cube.
in the first step mit said to use grease on the diff shafts.
is this grease supposed to be supplied in the kit?
there were no grease in the kit that i could find.
also it says something about shock oil.
the only oil i got was three bottles of diff oil and no shock oil.
are theese supposed to be provided or do you have to roll your own on theese?
thx Dirby.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
roaddell

hey guys horizon hobby ship me my proline crowdpleazer bodies to me friday whole lot thicker than stock body $32.00 the price
Old 02-11-2006, 09:31 AM
c_thomas01

After much debate I finally got the jammin RTR. Any thoughts on what I need to do before I run it? I already changed out radio gear. I still need to go through and check all the screws...What else?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:29 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: c_thomas01

After much debate I finally got the jammin RTR. Any thoughts on what I need to do before I run it? I already changed out radio gear. I still need to go through and check all the screws...What else?
I can tell you that the .28 seems to run alot better if you idle with the wheels off the ground for two tanks. I leave the radio off and pull the throttle by hand to blip alittle to clear things out and keep it running. During the second tank, dont be afraid to gas it some to bring the temp up. Try to get 190 to 210 degrees during the run in. Then put it on the ground and drive it easy for a couple tanks and lean a tick of the clock between tanks. Be careful not smoke the one way bearing during the start ups by loosening the glow plug a little, The four CRT's I broke in have been very consistent in their handling and no issues with screws coming loose. Some people are still having issues with the rear hubs cracking so if it's cold out you may want boil them for a couple minutes.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Dnell

crazysavage,
I wasn't trying to get into a back and forth about the radios and no I don't own stock int the DX3(and that comment wasn't called for really). I'm too old, seen and done too much to waist my experiences in a setting that's meant for us to be sharing. There are enough variables in everything we share that we have to keep an open mind. What's good for one might not be good for another.

On the response times, it can only be compared if all of the servos are the same. You can have the radio but if your servos can't take advantage of it's abilities, well... Maybe in your circumstance that's the case, so you qualify your comments through direct experience. But if there's a variable...

We're not hear to argue our corners cause it's not meant to be like that, but our inputs need to be tempered by the thought that what's good for me, might not matter or be good for or to another. It's about the option.

Choosing a radio is subjective at best cause we all have our favorites, for different reasons. What can't be denied is the value of the DX3 if your looking for a new radio, want the features that count most in nitro racing and don't really want to spend a lot of money.(that's all I was trying to relay). Would I buy a DX3, well no, but it doesn't stop me from recognising what it is and what it could be to budding nitro enthusiast. I've seen it for $219 (I think that's a bargain) If I were buying now, I'd buy the Nomadio.

I along with many others have throw good money after bad in search of a good radio, better servos, the list goes on and that why I relayed my experience that landed me with the KO. We all have our favorites for different reasons, but as was said, you got to get them in your hand with some batteries installed to have play with the feel and how easy the interface is to get on with.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
crazysavage

Sorry Dnell, I got passionate about the subject. I thought it was clear that I had a unique opertunity to test the radios that was mentioned in the same car, mine, with the same engine servos tires track with in minutes and the results were not subjective the results are what they are. I tend to give advice for things that I have direct experience with and leave the other things alone. The response times of these radios are different and noticable I am not lying. I run a track and act as the old hat at the hobby store, I give alot of advice and I have an instinc for people about what will make them happy. skmotoxx was already prepping for upgrades before his truck even arrived. I just get this feeling that the DX3 would be a temporty thing for him and he would shopping for something better real soon, driving the wife crazy. I could be wrong. It's cold here and all my rc's are redbuilt prepped and ready to race but I cant run anywhere and I'm spending too much time on the computer. I'm banning myself from this thing and I'm going to go paint some bodies or something but I know one thing I am not giving any advice to anyone until there is smoke spewing from my exhaust. And the Nomadio is being sent back for repairs at an alarming rate, I would wait awhile until the bugs are worked out, oops...there I go caring again...later.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:42 PM
flyinJ

hello im am getting a a jammin product truck or buggy thinking about going with the x1 but, and cant decide what to get or to go with another brand but this is my opinion and how about the hitec crx aggressor i really like hitec but after reading yoour guys facts and what to choose from you never talked about the radio from what i recal so give me some feed back and talk to ya later
Old 02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
crazysavage

I run the X1CR and the X1CRT and you should decide based on if your racing or not. If your racing and you have never raced, the CRT and any other truggy is much easier to drive fast and your learning curve will be much shorter. As far as radios are concerned I only know one person who owned one with the spektrim installed and he hated it then it failed, it was repaired and sent back to him by hitec vary quickly but he sold it and got an M8. The DX3 Spektrim is still a good buy if you race semi seriously and your on a budget.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:49 PM
ringneck

crazy savage is right if you are on a budget get the dx3 it will come with 2 servos one is a throw away 270 junker but the other servo is a metal geared 590 servo with 80oz of torque and a transit speed of .15 wich will be a good servo for the throttle/brake to get you going. as far as youre decsion on what to get if you decide to go buggy racin get the jammin factory team kit 550.00 all the upgrades in the box hadles like no other. as far as truggies you may whant to consider this route just cause they are more forgiving and you can drive them harder in some cases if youre set up is alittle off you can still run up front just because they are forgiving. they are cheaper to race also tires will last far longer than buggy tires wich add up real quik. buggies are not my favorite to run on a real rough and rutty track cause they get up set real easy and to find a set up can be hard but truggies glide right over thease kind of tracks. the competion in the buggy class right now is enormus wich means to win a race is gonna be hard to do for awhile. truggies are not as popular YET there for you will have an easier time runnin up front. as far as a truggy on wich one to buy right now the 2 best are the jammin and the hot bodies. but by this spring/summer the truggy market will explode with all magor brands comming out with their kits like kyosho/xray/cenracing and mugen who is about to release an updated version of their kit wich will finally have the long arms insted of hub extenders. in my opinion truggies are FAR more fun to race than buggies and i will probley stick with this class for quite awhile hope this helped.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:19 PM
skmotoxxx

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the positive feedback on the radio situation. I have found it all to be helpful. My goal was to hopefully find two or three controllers that basicly work pretty equally, then find some places that sell those controllers to play with them abit to basicly find the one that best suits me. Without your guys input, who knows what I would have ended up with. The guys at the hobby stores cna sound convincing if you don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. Some of my friends have learned that the hard way. Crazy is right, I want to do this thing right the first time. Anyway, thanks for the input, and maybe next time I can start a heated debate about the right engine to go with, LOL!

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-11-2006, 10:45 PM
crazysavage

Those Britts are very persistant about their ideas and they can spell better than me. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Dnell

Sweet home, Chicago! [8D]

RB928, Novarossi 053, Orion V6 Clutch, KO Controlled
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63525.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	406587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18639.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	406588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92556.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	406589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo38005.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	406590  
Old 02-12-2006, 05:43 AM
crazysavage

That's funny Dnell, I run the 928, I glued up a set of road rages for engine break in and fun running on yellow rims even though my wing and other wheels are white, and I run a full size wing. We have alot in common. Are from Chicago and living in Swindon, or visa versa? Nice rig!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:21 AM
NITROSENSE

Hi All,, What do you guys think of the 928?
I have a new one that needs to get running.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
crazysavage

I heat mine up with a heat gun, idle two tanks through get it up to temp and run it. If you make very small adjustments to the carb and be patient and always warm it completely before tuning, it will give incredible low end punch with wild top end. I've never seen an engine do both so well. I've heard peole having problems with them flaming out at full throttle but I run alittle rich on the top end as a matter of practice with all my engines, so I have not seen this problem with any RB engine.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Dnell

From Chicago, living is Swindon. Been here a long time.

Funny about the wheels. My other setups are white as well (sporttraxxs and brickpins all with proline maxx ultra firm foams).

It's right about running the engine rich on the top end. The guys who had trouble here suffered flame outs on a regular basis and blamed the engine, carb... What they didn't get was the thing makes so much power, you can afford to run it rich.

I'm having a ***** of a time trying to get my to stay running. Since it has sat all winter (since november), I'm taking it all apart for inspection, carb and all. Initial inspection point toward a piston/liner change.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:06 AM
crazysavage

I wonder if the conrod can survive another break in...maybe a new conrod to be safe...post your results. I only have 40 min of racing and 1hr practice and tuning on mine.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:50 PM
mini ripper

Nova say the con rod has a 7 hour lifespan.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
c_thomas01

Got a question. I got mine the other day. The rtr, has anyone else had trouble with weak brakes? Im not new to rc, I know how to set up linkage. Is it just me or are the stock breaks weak? Do they need a break in period or what? I want to be able to drag the thing across the floor with the rear wheels locked.Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 PM
crazysavage

Yes they do require a breakin period. They scuff in and then stop like crazy. I did notice that while breaking in two of them, the stock radio and servo does not have enough throw to get the most out of the breaks and since the servo is weak, it lakes longer for the brakes to breakin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.