Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Problem with rear brakes on Monster Pirate!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Problem with rear brakes on Monster Pirate!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
macnkitty2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with rear brakes on Monster Pirate!

hello,
i have an ofna monster pirate. the truck has a single disk brake in stock form. i purchased the rear brake installation kit to get more stopping power. well, the kit came with no directions at all, and i don't understand how it is possible to install the brakes with the center spur gear in the way. so, if anybody knows how to install the brake kit, please let me know. i don't want to have to call Ofna and spend long distance minutes on my phone.
thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 AM
macnkitty2002

Default RE: Problem with rear brakes on Monster Pirate!

Help??!?!?!?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 AM
ugapug

You have an X1-CR Pro right? The braking system on the Monster Pirate is the same as any 1/8th scale vehicle isn't it? I would think you would install the inner pad, remove the center to rear dogbone and slide the brake disk over the rear center outdrive, then screw the outer pad on and put the dogbone back in. I haven't done a Monster Pirate, but that's my best guess.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:44 AM
macnkitty2002

the only thing about that is: all buggies have center differentials. the brake linkage, usually the front one, projects into the area of the center diff. the spur gear on a buggy is evenly spaced in between either side of the diff supports. well, the pirate has a solid center diff, and the spur gear is pushed to the rear of the diff supports. the brake linkage projects towards the spur gear, just like the front brakes on a buggy. but since there is no room for a linkage on the other side of the spur gear, you can't install a linkage. plus, there is no hole in the diff plate for the linkage to come down from the top either. more importantly, there aren't any holes to put the screws in that hold the brake plates on. i was thinking that i could get another front diff support, because it has the holes for the screws, but the front support is wider than the rear! why the heck did they do that!!!!!![:@] there is no way possible to install this brake kit, and it is listed as an option part for the monster pirate. i will give you the link for the parts blow up and the picture of the brake kit.

http://www.ofna.com/pdf/pirMTsport.pdf

scroll down to the third picture, that's the brake kit.
http://www.ofna.com/dom_opt.html