Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

best truggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best truggy

what does everyone think is or will be the best truggy truck,
i am leaning towards the kyosho st-r so far , seems better than other offerings ,
i'll still prob end up with the hellfire or hong nor x1 crt (australian version higher spec than jammin one ), but still think the kyosho st-r looks to be the goods at the moment ,
thunder tiger looks good but i have no info on durability and parts supply at this time , same with kyosho , but they have a fair proven record . so whats you think ?????
Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best truggy

CRT hands down
Old 02-14-2006, 09:38 AM

i agree with bigtaco, CRT!!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Jammin CRT. Hands down I have a Mayhem ST too....It's fun, but in no way a jammin.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 PM

The Jammin is hands down the most POPULAR, and maybe the "best" as of end of season 2005. But that has alot to do with its 2005 nationals win. The national champ is always the most popular, and remember that most people will tell you that the "best" truggy is coincidentaly the one they own. (not many want to admit that there is a better truggy then the one they own). Truggies are very very popular this year, many company are producing competition truggies ie.. hellfire, thunder tiger st-1, ect ect, AE rumors are even starting. How do you determine which is best? well i think its mostly personal preferance (which suits you and your driving) and therefore it is impossible to determine the "best". Another way to determine the "best" might be to look at the big races, i feel most big races are won by drivers not cars, so if a good driver wins with a poor car does that make that car the "best" ? has there been any big races with good drivers racing the hellfire or ST-1 agianst the Jammin' ? the only race i can think of since those where all released is the 2006 nitro challenge, were there any of the newely released truggies there? (i honestly don't know so someone refer me to where i can find out). It is really easy for a new racer to get a truggy based on too many biased opinions from forums. Don't be scared to get the car YOU like not the current POPULAR car.

I think the Jammin is one of the best, i also think the hellfire, ST-1, and Mugen are just as good if not better. its just a matter of personal opinion. if you want the most popular then get the Jammin for sure.

As a final opinion.... i think the Jammin will not place in the top 3 this year. I think the ST-1 will definatley be in the top 5. It would be alot easier to guess what drivers will win.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 PM

i agree totally about the driver being the best..not necessarily the kit..

i know this story has happened at MANY tracks, but i will tell it anyways..lol

there was a kid that showed up with a XTM buggy RTR...he beat EVERYBODY, which everybody included:jammin CRT, Hellfire, LSP, buggys, MT's and so on..moral of the story..you can have the baddest kit out there...and guess what...it still isnt worth crap if you cant stay between the lines and keep yourself from crashing...end of story..

Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 PM

If you want a truck that provides unbelievable performance and will stand up to any type of asswhooping you can give it at the track, get the X1 CRT handsdown. This truck will not dissappoint. I bought the pro version, very easy to build if you have experience building or working with models. The fit and finish of the parts are barnone, instructions very easy to follow. I have run 4 gallons worth of viscious unruly abuse at the track, to date have broken only a steering knuckle, a front bumper, two wingstays, one lower arm. I beat this truck as if it stole from me, all it does is want more. I was so impressed with the truck that I bout the buggy, it too is awesome. Be prepared to never be able to find parts at lhs, order online, stock up on parts. Go with a winner, let others be the guinea pigs proving on the other equipment before you decide. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:56 AM

let others be the guinea pigs proving on the other equipment before you decide. Good luck.
LMAO

man..all you got is "4" gallons through your truggy and you are making this statement??? PROVE yourself with that truggy of yours before you make such claims...

you already broke more things than what i have done with my LSP..and i have ran TWICE the amount of gallons and some through this truggy kit....

all i broke is a body mount, front susp holder, shock cap...with a grand total of 9 dollars!!!! i HIGHLY doubt you can say you spent that much on replacement parts for your "great" jammin X1 CRT..with that wing stay alone you spent more...LMAO

i dont even make such claims with my truggy and its PROVEN just like the X1 CRT...i hope OFNA isnt paying you to make such claims..cause im not buying it...LOL [:'(]
Old 03-21-2006, 08:43 AM

There is something fundementally wrong with this debate. It's the worst kind of speculation based on opinions.

It's true, the Jammin is the truck of the moment, last year is was the LSP and wherever they showed up they dominated, didn't win the big national cause HPI didn't represent.

The fact of the matter is, at this level, there are degrees of excellent. If you plan on racing, buy from the race winning companies, Kyosho, Mugen, Jammin,... working your way backward through the manufacturers. Noone knows which is best truggy or which will be the best until there are enough of them out there. Jammin stole the march for 2006 and got their kit released soon off the back of the nationals, argueably there are probably more of them out there at the moment, but there another variable, Locality, depending on where you are and local distribution, this can be a determining factor in who shows up with what. More people are buying over the internet now but you still have many who rely and patron the LHS for support and backup.

Like I said this is a flawed debate from a flawed question. I'm sure that Xtreme RC mag will do a shootout soon similar to the buggy one they did last year. And if any of you read it, you'll remember that all of their pro drivers, liked all of the buggies and it came down to having to pick 1 to win the shootout, (it was that close) Even then, does that make it the best truggy? I don't think so because we all have different requirements and skill levels and what's good for me, in my experience, might not be good for you.

I own a CRT but drove a Hellfire with racing tires on and found it more forgiving, that's just me, someone else might differ in their assessment. Would I trade my CRT for the HF, no, but i would love to have them both for different reasons.

I say decide how much money you want to spend, decide if you just want to bash around or race then take the plunge with whichever truck stirs your passion.

As was mentioned, at the end of the day it's going to be down to ones ability to drive and race, operative word there is race.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:31 PM

The Kyosho will be relesased in about two weeks...lok out I am sure it will be a the best on the market but $$$$$$
Old 03-22-2006, 10:20 PM

last year is was the LSP and wherever they showed up they dominated, didn't win the big national cause HPI didn't represent.
Hate to point this out but at least (4) four LSP's raced at the 2005 ROAR OFF-ROAD FUEL NATIONALS including Hara and all four finished behind CR-T'S in the A-main.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: BIGTACO

CRT hands down
nothing else to add to that except that the crt rocks my world! its sweet! im gonna start buildin a kit and puttin a nova jp modded 5 port!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:54 AM

Hate to point this out but at least (4) four LSP's raced at the 2005 ROAR OFF-ROAD FUEL NATIONALS including Hara and all four finished behind CR-T'S in the A-main

I was refering to the whole season of racing. The Roar National is not the whole world of racing. High publicity for the manufacturers yeah, but HPI made their money the year before with the LSP.

There were plenty of club racing last year, and the USA is not the only place in the world racing RC trucks, with Championship racing. Don't get me wrong cause I'm from the States but live and race in Europe.

Last year, because the CRT wasn't around, there were Unlimited Class races with 25 entrants, 11 of which were LSP's, others races where the whole field were LSP's. It was the race truck to have in 2005. Maybe more so over here than in the states. I don't know. But the conversation most of last year was about truggies racing with MT's and their advantage, and should they have their own class.... We talked about this at some length in 2004 and again in early 2005 in other MT threads.

Look, this year anything could happen in the world of racing. I don't think Kyosho and Mugen would put out of truck that wasn't capable of winning races, not forgetting Thunder Tiger.

To go racing isn't the only reason we buy these things is it? People buy them for the fun of it.

A lot of newbies have come into the hobby off the back of the Rise Of The Truggy, and as I've said Jammin stole the march of the back of their success just like Hot Bodies did the year before. 2006 will be interesting to say the least

I go back to my original statement about this debate being fundementally wrong in its basis and

The fact of the matter is, at this level, there are degrees of excellent. If you plan on racing, buy from the race winning companies, Kyosho, Mugen, Jammin,... working your way backward through the manufacturers
Old 03-23-2006, 06:58 AM

There is no way anybody can make a claim about which truggy is going to domonate because that is determined by who is driveing which one on a national level. As far as the CRT is concerned, so many top drivers are using it that it will still be at the top no matter what Kyosho brings to the table. CRT, Kyosho, CEN and Thunder tiger will be swapping positions on the podium all year long because they have the best drivers not the best truck. The best way to pick the truck you want is by parts support in your area and how many of the truck brand is being used in your area so you can find the quick way to information for the best set-up. One thing you should keep in mind is that the CRT is evolving every time it is raced. Vertigo's new laydown shock towers for the CRT have caused another leap forward in performance for the CRT and they make the truck even easier to drive on certain tracks. Thats what raceing does, it advances the breed and the more people whom use a certain brand, the faster it gets better. That is why Kyosho has dominated for so long in the buggy class. Kyosho's dominance is going away because their top drivers are useing other brands. Stop being fooled by which brand is best, dont just look at the win column, look who is driving it. If you pay attention to the set up tricks from the pros, you will have the best handling truck if you own a CRT. Others will catch up as the race season goes on and we just have to adjust.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 AM

As far as the CRT is concerned, so many top drivers are using it that it will still be at the top no matter what Kyosho brings to the table. CRT, Kyosho, CEN and Thunder tiger will be swapping positions on the podium all year long because they have the best drivers not the best truck.
I don't think people see the difference you pointed out. There are Manufacturer upported and sponsored racers, then Racers with Sponsors and maybe some manfacturer backing.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:59 PM

I have a kyosho converted to truggy and a Jammin CRT. The Jammin is by far much better on the track. I am running a Crono .21 and it handles great with the box stock setup. I also have a 528 8port modified and I think the CRT is much better with the .21. Its just very smooth and easy to drive.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:27 PM

Vertigo's new laydown shock towers for the CRT have caused another leap forward in performance for the CRT and they make the truck even easier to drive on certain tracks.
ummm ok...and how many parts does vertigo supply for the LSP??? more so than what they supply for the CRT..

i agree with DNELL here..he is right about the new "in" thing..

OFNA did its job in advertising their new product for 06..and so did HPI/Hot bodies in 05..

I have a kyosho converted to truggy
thats great you did a truggy conversion..BUT thats not an ST-R...LOL an i HOPE your CRT will perform better than some conversion kit.

does anybody watch real racing?? such as NASCAR? i am personally a ford fan..so to see mark martin, matt kenseth, greg biffle, carl edwards in the top ten to compete for the nextel cup championship in 2005 was GREAT...HOWEVER...i STRONGLY believe its 90% driver...not so much the product..

do you honestly THINK, if you put me or any other individual to drive that race car..do YOU honestly think i will be able to drive that car at the same level those featured drivers did??? a HELL NO...

same theory...do YOU honestly think, you will grab the control and "buy" the popular race truggy for the year and compete at the SAME level as most of these paid pro drivers??? a hell NO..LOL

do you think those Roush cars are that much better than the rest of the competition??? obviously not...considering tony stewart was one of the FEW drivers that had something other than a ford Taurus...

i think instead of asking what is the current best "race" truggy...you should be asking "HOW" can i be a better driver..and im sorry folks, the kit is not even half the battle....

but you can hand out advice to what is the best deal for your situation, and like what was said, local support LHS..parts..and manufacturer support..

this may NOT be true for others...but i can get kyosho parts EASILY...AND they are wayyyyyyyy cheaper than OFNA parts...i can also do the same for Hot Bodies...and again..they are waaaaaaayyy cheaper than OFNA parts in my area.

those are FACTS gentleman...not "oh its so sweet..it held up to my WHOLE 4 gallons of local bashing at my track..its a must get" yea right..LMAO
Old 03-24-2006, 12:48 AM

I don't own a CRT, and hell its probaly an awesome truggy, but i just can't even stand the idea of racing a CRT. and ya wanna know why? ..... because everyone else already owns one. and there is nothing better then showing up to the race with some car few others own and kicking the crap out of the current "hot car". I only wish i could take something like a stock rc10gt rtr and race agianst some of these drivers with there hot new CRT's . lap em as they show how well they can land a jump upside down w/o breaking anything. Pass em on the inside of a corner while they show off there trucks great ability to smash into a wall and not have a scratch to show for it. lmfao kick all sorts of CRT ass lol. the vehicle has nothing to do with racing (ok ok maybe 5% ). Racing is fun, i'm not into bashing. And i'm all for the new racers showing up and learning, and i'm always the first to be friendly and help out. I well remember the first day i showed up to a race with my little hornet electric. But show up with some hot car bragging about how its the chit and nothing touches it and i'll lap ya twice and laugh while I do. Now understand that i'm not agianst having pride in your car, hell i spend thousands on my vehicles and i run all the latest expensive equipment. But I do it beacuse i enjoy the time i spend working on the cars and improving upon them. I know that come race day it don't matter how much i spend, or how "hot" my car is... its all me and my driving ability.

I even make it a point to single out the guys that talk as though nothing can touch a certian car or truggy, the guys who look down upon those who aren't driving the current "hot truck" and make a point to humiliate them on the track.

So all you CRT owners out there that think nothing can touch a CRT... look out at the track casue i just might be there making you eat you words.

I've seen posts like "GET A CRT OR GET OUTA THE WAY" in these forums . and its my dream to race these guys and let them choose what truggy i race with. then laugh at them everytime they prove how well they can roll their truck during a race.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
gtr

Hellfire
Old 03-24-2006, 02:04 AM
emu

Wow a thread worth reading on RCU. keep it coming guys...
Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 AM

the new kyosho truggy will probly be the best, but wo knows jammin might still be better.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 PM

The Kyosho is getting some people excited in the uk, though apparently a bit more than the CRT, I went for the CRT as it was overall great value and has had some great reviews. Which is best? Comes down to the driver. all things equal though we'll ahve to wait and see.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:52 PM

Funny I see allot of "the CRT is so durable".LOL thats a good one, If your not breaking the wingmounts rear hubs or the front universal shafts than yeah I guess its a tough truck.
DO some of you saying that they are tough actually push your trucks on the track or are you out there for a sunday drive everytime you hit the track.They have all the ingredents to be a tough truck but your typical ofna part quality.Its sad but the only thing holding OFNA back is there hit or miss quality, if they put out plastic and machined aluminum equivalent to that of the other big three(Xray,kyosho and mugen) they would have two of the best buggies and the best truggy available.
Untill Ofna starts telling hong nor and ho boa to match these guys Ill have to stick with a company with a proven reliable record.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:04 PM

i will like to ask a question on the CRTs "durability", especially since everybody wants to use "pro drivers" as an example..lol IF the CRT was sooo durable and "bullet proof" then why at the nitro challenge, halsey broke a servo the first minute and chad was punted off the big double and broke an axle..... and taylor hit a hay bail at the end of the straight and lost.."IF" the CRT was soooo bullet proof and the best truggy to buy, then how come they couldnt beat "1"...just "1" kyosho truggy???? shouldnt be a problem, ESPECIALLY since the whole field was cluttered with CRT's..since it is the "popular" kit to own for 2006...LMAO

im sorry, if you think for a first showing with a kit that WILL be available to the average joe, win a big race like that, thinking thats not impressive..you might want to do some research..
Old 03-25-2006, 09:22 PM

the CRT is the best in my opinion, but i choose the Lightning stadium pro-r

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.