Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:59 PM
bennett1722

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What one?

I was thinking about getting the GS Racing Storm Unlimited Truck Championship Edition but i have not heard much about this truck pretty much ever so i was wondering is this a good truck to buy? also, if it isn't a good buy what should i get? Lastly i think i am going to be 80% racing it and 20% bashing it.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:18 AM
noximus

Default RE: What one?

if you are going to be racing...this is what "I" would get at this point in time:

Old 03-22-2006, 07:58 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I've had a GS SUT Pro, actually a couple of them. I think they are decent. But there are alot more choices out there now.

You can "ride the wave" like alot of people do and just buy the latest thing to come out (re: Kyosho Stadium as suggested by another person posting). But the reailty is that driver skill with practice will get you alot further than the "newest" truggy.

IMO, the top-of-the-line truggies are pretty much the same. All are of very good quality. I'd either go with something like the Hot Bodies LSP, its been around awhile, lots of hop-ups and knowledge of what works and doesn't work, Jammin CRT; while the jury is still out on this one, its seems to be a pretty good truggy.

I'm sure the kyosho will be a very good one as well. Kyosho produces very good products. But it doesn't mean its the best out there either....

Again, the high-end truggys are pretty much the same to the uninitiated.....

ORIGINAL: bennett1722

I was thinking about getting the GS Racing Storm Unlimited Truck Championship Edition but i have not heard much about this truck pretty much ever so i was wondering is this a good truck to buy? also, if it isn't a good buy what should i get? Lastly i think i am going to be 80% racing it and 20% bashing it.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
speedracer1129

jammin all the way
Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

"jammin all the way".....

Because.......??????

Because, paid "Pro" racers finish well with them which has no bearing on how "Average Joe Racer" will do?

Because, you've tested all the truggies over several months and state definitively why the jammin is better than all the others?

Or is it because its the truggy you own now and have nothing to compare it with side-by-side?.....

Yeah, thats what I thought......

Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
noximus

LMAO...thats EXACTLY why they keep on screaming "jammin"...lol man i have raced against a jammin CRT..i guess if the kit was that GREAT..it should have lapped me by far, but it didnt..and i shouldnt even say i beat the CRT but i beat the driver driving the CRT....lol its a GOOD kit..and so is the LSP and so is the new Kyosho ST-r

i agree with you about the driver situation...AND i do agree the LSP is a great deal considering its cost in comparison to all the other truggy's out on the market..

BUT...the new kyosho truggy has already proved itself well..at its first race, it placed first at the dirt challenge here in hemet california..thats impressive if you ask me..is it the driver??? sure...but i am also sure the kit contributed..considering he wasnt the ONLY good driver there....but for 700 dollars..i can wait and i will run my LSP for the rest of the year...and maybe even till the end of next year as well..