Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

mayhem st or hellfire

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mayhem st or hellfire

just wondering which one is a better choice to get
Old 05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: mayhem st or hellfire

ORIGINAL: mayham st man

just wondering which one is a better choice to get

Thats a very broad question. Depends on what you plan to do. Bash, Race, A little of both, more bashing or more racing.....
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM

racing all the way
Old 05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Mayhem for sure dude. Get the one with Spektrum Installed. For the ametuer racer, it's a great place to start.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 PM

hi there I had a thread with this exact same topic.. I ordered a hellfire and was thinking about selling it and getting a mayhem st. Well my thoughts about the hellfire have totally changed this is going to be a great truggy!!! Even tho it had some problems with the a-arms.. and people saying bad things about it at first. Things have totally turned around for this beast.. HPI has brought out new beefier a-arms for it and theres a lot of companies making fantastic hop ups for it. BCE, Speed Tech, Golden Horizon, Hot Racing just to name a few. If your looking for a basher the mayhem would be the way to go it is an awesome package. Just make sure your LHS has the product support for your decision. If you ever get a chance go to truggyracers.com and check out all the hellfire stuff. [:-]
Old 05-03-2006, 10:41 PM

I love mine. Wish I had got the one with the Spektrum radio but I found a DX3 on ebay. I have only broke an A-Arm or two and bent the rear shock tower but that was cause I flipped it on pavement with the body off. Adapting a wing is easy. I useD the Mugen kit with and HPI wing. That will help protect the truck, fly in the air, downforce and stability. It's faster than my Revo I swear. And no other trucks pass me on the straights. The motor is real good (based on the Mach 26).

http://www.timberlineraceway.com/pho...g&limit=recent

http://www.timberlineraceway.com/pho...g&limit=recent

Here's the upgrades for the Mayhem ST. (Horizon Hobby dot com)
SWK9158 - TORQUE ROD STIFFENERS (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SO THE CHASSIS DOESN'T TWIST UP)
SWK9291 - ALUM FR UPPER ARMS
SWK9290 - ALUM FR LOWER ARMS
SWK9284 - ALUM RR ARMS
SWK9154 - ALUM RR HUBS
SWK9006 - TI NITRIDE SHOCK SHAFTS (ANOTHER EXCELLENT UPGRADE)
SWK9010 - RUBBER SHOCK BOOTS
SWK9098 - ALUM DIFF HOUSINGS, FR & RR (FO SHO GET THESE)
SWK9097 - ALUM CENTER DIFF HOUSING (THIS TOO)
SWK3186 - WING MOUNT ASSEMBLY
SWK3188 - WHITE WING
SWK9200 - POLISHED 053 INLINE EXHUAST
SWK9163 - 5MM RR SHOCK TOWER (NOT 100% THIS FITS THE ST, SHOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS FOR THE 1/8 BUGGY. AS ARE THE RR SHOCKS, RR ARMS, ETC.)

I run mine with 40 series pro wheels with the CrimeFighter MT's (BowTies are good also). The stock wheels are offset but if you get the non offset wheels it will turn and track better.