Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

JAMMIN OWNERS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAMMIN OWNERS...

I am looking to add a jammin crt to my collection.And I have a few questions for you jammin owners.I live out in the sticks and other than trial and error and waisting money or asking questions here I have no other way of getting things right.This truggy wont get bashed just raced on my own track with a few other friends every weekend or so...Question 1....Should I buy the kit or the RTR...Is there that much difference between the two that would make that much of a difference for someone in my position.I have plenty of good radio gear so that isnt a concern.If I would buy the kit what is a good engine to buy between 200.00 and 300.00 bucks..I have plenty of engines,but I really want to try a higher end power plant for a change.Maybe like a RB or a novarossi..question .2 ...Is the factory pipe on the jammin worth keeping??? Or should I also replace that...I would appreciate answers from jammin owners or someone who really knows from experence....Thanks.....
Old 05-12-2006, 06:20 PM

Default RE: JAMMIN OWNERS...

since you already have the radio gear i would say go kit.there are plenty of motors in that price range that would be killer in the jammin like the nova p5,o.s. v spec,picco .28 just to name a few. i have the rtr and it's a nice set up but since you seem pretty well prepared for a kit go kit. it has all the hop ups that you would end up putting on the rtr
Old 05-13-2006, 12:36 PM

I agree, if you have the radio gearm get the kit. If you want big power for a private track, I'd be tempted to try the 0S .30 but the, it still trails the Novarossi and RB .28's for outright power but you should consider local parts support when making your choice.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Go with the Kit, I have a Sirio Kanai edition one and it rips, hangs with the modded RB C5's, and got a deal on it for only $289. Raced this weekend and took third in my first ever truggy main[sm=biggrin.gif], so that setup really works well for me, and should for you if you choose it. Good Luck man.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:47 AM

I have a Sirio Kanai edition one and it rips, hangs with the modded RB C5's, and got a deal on it for only $289
That's Novarossi 528XSP 3 port money.

The smart money is spent on cheaper engines to be completely honest engines like the OS.30, Picco .27, Ofna Force .28 or .32, ar just a few of the cheap engines (under $250) that are good reliable performers.

Obviously you need to decide if you want a pullstart or starterbox engine as well. I know it's been said you'd like to try a high-end engine but if your not competing, you have to ask if it's worth the theoretical advantage of they have to offer. I'd invest the money saved in a few up grades like CNC top plate, akerman and a Z brace