Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Jammin CRT RTR diff newbie question?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Jammin CRT RTR diff newbie question?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 PM
number1cop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin CRT RTR diff newbie question?????

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a CRT RTR and since im stationed in Kuwait it will be a few days untill I see it. But I was reading in my rc action that the front dif unloads whatever that mean and was wondering what dif oil should I run in the front and center dif. Also how do I put the oil in? Do I have to take the dif apart and get the grease out or can I just put it in through the set screw and how much do I put in. Also is there anything else I should do or buy for this new toy. We actually have a small RC stadium track on base here and they race every sunday. I had a rough choice between this and the hellfire did I make the right choice. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
number1cop
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Jammin CRT RTR diff newbie question?????

Anyone?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
danny f norman

i also have the crt rtr and i cleaned the diffs out with nitro spray,it does a good job. i run 7k-30k-3k and i also run small tracks it helped my truck out alot.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, 7k front, 20-30k center, and 3k rear seems to be the most common setup. I don't know what the default shock oil is, but I'm puttong some 35 in mine.

- Raketemensch
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
viper50
My Feedback: (1)

The looser your track the more it will hook up ie: lots of traction the lighter the diff oil. The more compact the track is ( clay for example ) the heavier the diff oil needs to be. Heavier oil 30.000 and up acts like a locker. that's why you see every one put heavy oil in the middle a lighter weight in front and still lighter oil in the rear. Now on to somthing new. I've recently tried a TORSEN diff (front) W/ 5000 wt center - 1000 wt. in rear, Per. Rob @ nitro house . com ............ Well HMMMM lets put it like this ...... OH MY GOD , what a kick *ss up grade. No longer a dirft car on hard packed IT hooks up like you would not believe. It took me a better part of a day to sort out my driving style to fit the trucks needs but when I did I had so much fun passing the better drivers @ my track, on the inside on the outside if they tried to block me on the outside I would just let up a smidge turn in on them and pass cleanly ... By the way the best on line place to shop for me anyway. NITROHOUSE.COM Later Brother.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know much about the technical stuff, but good luck in kuwait. You made a good choice truggy wise. Watch out for those goofy arab fanatics over there, and thanks for serving and protecting our country!!

Good luck