Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hellfire stock flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Petrol Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellfire stock flywheel

Has anyone managed to get their stock flywheel off? My Hellfire came with the flywheel too far forward on the shaft and because of this the clutch bell sits too far forward. I get really poor gear mesh because of this. No forward / rear engine positioning either.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am right to suggest the flywheel is the problem?

Any tips for getting the flywheel off would help. I canl't even get a good grip of it to lossen the nut, never mind pull the flywheel off.

Many thanks.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 PM
ctkunde

Default RE: Hellfire stock flywheel

What I used was a pair of channel locks and a rag. Grab the flywheel, with a rag around it, with the channel locks, losen the nut with a nut driver then tap on the channel locks with a hammer, the flywheel should just pop off. You might need another person to help you.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Petrol Head

Thanks for that. It came off pretty easy that way.

It was the flywheel that was too far forward. I had a spare brass collet that was a tiny bit smaller and allowed the flywheel to sit further back. The spur gear sits smack in the middle of the pinion now.

Why it was allowed to leave the factory like that I don't know. It's the little things like that about the hellfire that pee me off.

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Dnell

Why it was allowed to leave the factory like that I don't know. It's the little things like that about the hellfire that pee me off.
This can happen on any RTR kit so don't hold it yours. These are the kind of things that are there for the enthusiast to get stuck in to correct. Is it good enough? not really, but it happens throughout the hobby and is to be expected.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Petrol Head

Best thing is that I enjoyed putting it right!

Thanks dnell.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Tazer_version_A

SH Engines makes a nifty little flywheel puller for $21 - we can get them here in teh US at Hobby Peoples....