Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

truggy or buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truggy or buggy?

i ran into some money and now am looking for a new buggy or a truggy.my lhs has a jammin truggy,rtr for 540 bux.a little more than i want to spend.so i am thinking of getting a better buggy than what i got.the lhs has a some kind of used ofna.i know it has a brand new rb engine in it.comes with a racing bag and some associated replacement parts.the buggy has been completely rebuilt with all alum parts.everything that could be racified on this buggy has.no radio or servos however.the dude wants 350 for it.looking around i found this buggy.explanation of buggy is as follows.

This is a Kyosho KYO31276B Inferno MP7.5 Sports 2 Ready-To-Run 1/8th scale nitro buggy. This buggy comes fully factory assembled with radio system, GX21 nitro engine, and factory painted body. All you need to get this buggy on the road is fuel, two D batteries for the included glow igniter, and 8 AA batteries for the transmitter. (The kit includes glow plug wrench and fuel bottle). The MP7.5 comes with full ball bearings, Universal drive shafts, and turnbuckle tie rods.

the price on this buggy is 399 bux.is it worth it or do i go for the ofna?the ofna comes with all kinds of parts.the lhs dude has some used raio gear.i am confident i can get in the ofna rig for around 400.i forget what kind of ofna it was but i know it wasnt an lx or comp.
i would really like a truggy but it looks like finances are not going to allow.i got about 500.
thanks for any responses.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: truggy or buggy?

just get the kyosho st-s its a truggy based on mp 7.5 and its only 399 rtr
Old 07-02-2006, 05:42 PM
My Feedback: (13)

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...ars/31354B.asp
heres what im talkin about..
Old 07-03-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That buggy isn't the best one out there.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 PM

well i got the ofna and it turned out to be better than i expected.it is a hobao hyper 7 pro kit.it has a nova 35 engine that has only seen about 6 tanks.brand spankin new.i cant believe the quality of this machine.it has cvd's,carbon like no tomorrow.came with the hyper 7 carrying bag and about ten full sets of super decent condition proline tires and rims.a whole slew of extra parts.arms,knuckles etc.i like how hobao integrated the rechargeable battery pack into the kit.i will get some pics and post a few in a bit.got the whole rigamarole for 350.i thought it had a rb but no,it is a novarossi.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Congrats, the H7 pro is a much better buggy than the 7.5 sports.

For whatever reason, Kyosho doesn't seem to carry over their quality from kits to RTR's.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM

thanks again slods.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 PM

You are correct when you say Kyosho do not carry over quality to the RTR's, but still the RTR is good value for money over the Kit ST R.
I also found out that Kyosho assemble all RTR's in China to save labour costs.