Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Anyone own a Mayhem ST

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a Mayhem ST

I have a PRP Swift and i love it so i have saved up the money and i am going to buy a Mayhem ST Next month. i was wondering if there is anything that i should upgrade or anything that i should do to prep it for serious bashing and possibly racing in about a year or two. Any help is great. Thanks, BENJYTHEULTIMATE
Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Anyone own a Mayhem ST

Get the stronger and thicker shock towers . Also need to put 10,000 wht diff oil in the center diff to keep from ballooning the front tires so much .
Old 07-08-2006, 11:08 PM

Strong Stearing Servo.........
Old 07-09-2006, 04:24 AM

Thanks for the answers, just a question, why will the 10,000 weight oil stop the tyres from ballooning and does it affect the overall top speed and acceleration of the car, also how much aussie dollars should the thicker shock towers cost. Thanx again for the answers keep em coming, BENJYTHEULTIMATE
Old 07-09-2006, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: BenjyTheUltimate

Thanks for the answers, just a question, why will the 10,000 weight oil stop the tyres from ballooning and does it affect the overall top speed and acceleration of the car, also how much aussie dollars should the thicker shock towers cost. Thanx again for the answers keep em coming, BENJYTHEULTIMATE
The thicker diff oil helps even out the power by bringing some of it to the rear wheels . Stock they have way too much going to the front as you will see . It is annoying on a track and bashing because it acts like a front wheel drive in stock form . This does not affect the speed or any performance , just makes the truck smoothe . You can get diff oils for around $5-8 . I want to say the 5mm shock towers are $30 USD a piece .
Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Actually. the mayhem ST comes stock with 10K in the center. AND the tires balloon like heck with that thin of a diff fluid. I installed 30K to replace the 10K and it was a bit to much. The truck seemed to push more in the corners on and off power. I would start with 15K and jump up from there.

The shock towers are a must, the 5mm ones will not break at all, they are solid. The tourqe rod stiffners are also great, the keep the chassis from flexing out to much. The stock engine is racable for sure, plenty fast for the most part. Only real fast guys may want something more.

I gtg, i'll post more later, i've had this truck for a while and I love it!!! later.
ORIGINAL: Dawma

Get the stronger and thicker shock towers . Also need to put 10,000 wht diff oil in the center diff to keep from ballooning the front tires so much .
Old 07-09-2006, 07:48 PM

Maybe I was thinking of 15,000 oil . Anyway , my bad . I knew I had to change it , get confused sometimes with all the rcs I have .
Old 07-10-2006, 01:58 AM

Thanks a lot ill do that. Anything else anyone thinks should be upgraded or prepared?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 AM

Get the adjustable shock collars. The truck has alot of features for a stock truggy, but it uses pre-load spacers out of the box.

Also, I think the upgraded engine mount is a definite. Stock is better than most stock mounts, but the upgraded mount makes it easier and firms up the chassis.