Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY >

HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY

HAVE A HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY.LOVE THE TRUCK BUT DIFFS KEEP LOCKING UP ANY IDEA ON HOW TO MAKE THEM BULLET PROOF
Old 07-18-2006, 07:04 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: HOTBODIES LIGHTNING STADIUM TRUGGY

Check how you have them shimmed. I've had several LSPs and never had a problem with the diffs....
Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM

What shims ware do they go are they internal or external in the diff housing
Old 07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
My Feedback: (17)

I can't recall with the LSP, but my ST-R has shims both inside and outside of the diffs.

I was just thinking, are you sure its your diffs? I've seen cases where pins have come undone to some degree that locks up a wheel/side and it appears to be the diff, but its not. Check every other possibility first.

Then figure out where its locking up. If its inside the diff, then thats where you have to tear into...
Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 PM

I have already had the problem whith the cvd pins,And have fixed that small problem.
This is definately inside the diffs,having rebuilt all three at different times as they went out.
most recent was the center and rear ,but after about 6 tanks of fuel the center diff locked
up again.The only other thing i can think of is maybe the plastic diff cups?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
My Feedback: (33)

When you had rebuilt them was the gears broke or stripped ? Are you puting fresh diff oil in also ?
Old 07-19-2006, 02:58 PM

No none of the gears appeared to be broken or even overly worn.I put fresh oil in every time i crack the seal along with fresh gasket
Old 07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
My Feedback: (33)

sounds like a shimming problem .
Old 07-19-2006, 03:47 PM

How many shims can you put behind each planetary gear i have 2 each now and can tell that it helped,but can still turn it and make the front of the center diff lock,but no marring on the gears by eye
Old 07-20-2006, 04:03 AM

what diff oil are you using?
Old 07-20-2006, 04:09 AM

i forgot to mention,when you rebuilt your diffs,you replaced the diff housings right?if not clean them out and check the grooves inside where the cross pins rest,they should be straight all the way down and not warped,hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 AM

I am using traxxas 10,000 diff lube.I have not replaced the housing but will clean them out and check the grooves.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:53 PM

Let us know how it all works out.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 AM

PUT AN EXTRA SHIM BEHIND EACH PLANETARY GEAR IN CENTER DIFF SO FAR SO GOOD.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:51 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Whitesnake I have a question for you.My sons HB is having diff lock up problems too. It looks to me that the metal rings inserted into the plastic housings are not in line and when a little heat from turning is added they do not line up at all and bind the front and rear diffs. Have you found this on your truck??
This binding is driving me crazy,or crazier!![&o]
Old 07-31-2006, 02:41 AM

just orderd kyosho gears ,diff cups,and shims.this is suposed to fix the problem i am having with my diffs,as for the metal rings not lining up i realy havn't noticed
Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Where did you order from,I looked at A Main and everything is back ordered. I guess I gotta go the same route,suck though, Hot Bodies does'nt respond to a flaw in their design,if I did'nt have so much invested and think it was a good truck,I'd sell it and buy a Koyosho.

Butch
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM

Ordered three sets kyosho diff gears two shim kits,from a main got them in one week instaled them on friday practiced on saturday,raced on sunday no problems so for verry happy
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 PM

hey have any of you guys had problems with the plastic hub carriers breaking out by the wheel? i have the lightning pro-r with the aluminum arms. it seems that the aluminum steering arm is making contact with the plastic hub carrier and breaking it. any insight would be helpful......
Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 PM

fronts are binding but i think i can fix that no problem
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 AM

take a look at the plastic hub carrier on the right side out by the wheel where the front shaft goes through. so far every one i've looked at has been cracked. only on the right side and seems to be only the guys who have put the offset wheels on. seems as though hot bodies uses the stock wheel as kind of a bump stop for the steering. take a look guys and see if yours is cracked also.....
Old 08-13-2006, 03:09 PM

I just picked on up from ebay, 400 buck, 2 os .21 rg engines, ofna box 2 bodies tons of shims and clutch shoes, extra wing, air filters, radio, servos just need fuel.
It seems the person who owned it didnt have the stop screws in the a arms and it was wearing out the turn buckel end and steering ends.
That is now fixed. Im just looking for a rocket engine to install in this. I though about a RB C6, but I have had nothing but troubles with the C5 in my H8 buggy. So no more RB engines.
Was thinking about the ninja or the OS v-spec .21 engine.
Any tips on a good power plant to toss in this? It seems to have all the good hop up parts, aluminum a arms, lunds ford buckles, very nice truck for 400 buck, just a bit slow with the .21 rg engine. Thanks for info.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Ta.Co.r/c

take a look at the plastic hub carrier on the right side out by the wheel where the front shaft goes through. so far every one i've looked at has been cracked. only on the right side and seems to be only the guys who have put the offset wheels on. seems as though hot bodies uses the stock wheel as kind of a bump stop for the steering. take a look guys and see if yours is cracked also.....
i run zero offset with zero issues and have yet to break a C-hub.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 AM

back to the diff problem I just put kyosho k2 diffs in mine and wow no more diff issues, in testing I think it was the diff housing more than anything I put the kyosho gears in a hot bodies diff case and they bound, I put the hot bodies gears in the kyosho diff housing and they were fine, finally just to be sure I put all kyosho together with the hothodies spiral gear on top and they are awesome!

As far as the hub carriers also kyosho havent broken one since, oh yeh steering end are form the kyosho STR (steers great now) Why didnt I just buy kyosho?...Oh yeh price lol

good luck all! Noximus thanks for the help!!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mike18435

back to the diff problem I just put kyosho k2 diffs in mine and wow no more diff issues, in testing I think it was the diff housing more than anything I put the kyosho gears in a hot bodies diff case and they bound, I put the hot bodies gears in the kyosho diff housing and they were fine, finally just to be sure I put all kyosho together with the hothodies spiral gear on top and they are awesome!

As far as the hub carriers also kyosho havent broken one since, oh yeh steering end are form the kyosho STR (steers great now) Why didnt I just buy kyosho?...Oh yeh price lol

good luck all! Noximus thanks for the help!!
no probs man, im glad everything is working out for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.