Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 are top notch bearings worth the $ >

are top notch bearings worth the $

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

are top notch bearings worth the $

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are top notch bearings worth the $

i was checking out a couple articles and websites, they all refer to acer bearings. i checked the website, it's about 90 bucks for the complete kit for the crt. is this upgrade worth the $? i saw bradley's setup sheet and he goes with them so i'd assume that they are top notch. i'm no pro racer (obviously), do you see that much a difference in performance? what about the stock bearings compared to a cheaper aftermarket bearing?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: are top notch bearings worth the $

Unless your a pro racer searching for every last ounce of performance then no, you wont notice a difference. You'll gain more by spending that money on fuel to practice.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:35 AM

You might want to look at the other end of the spektrum and go with a company like Avid. $1 each. That would be 90 bearings. Don't worry about cleaning hassels, just brush them off and when they get gritty/loose replace them. Not a recomendation, just something to think about. A mixture of both ways might be best, all depends on what you want.

Ed M.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:39 PM

Amain bearings are good enough for me man. I just replaced all the bearings in my steering knuckles on my ST-R with them. 10 bearings for 10 bucks aint bad at all.