Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Ofna Mutilator Truggy????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
paulino966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Mutilator Truggy????

Hi anyone owns a ofna mutilator truggy,just wondering if they are any good,try to purchase one.any good and bad about
please reply,and where i can purchase one cheaper than tower hobbies.are they easy to replaced parts and are they
available,and most important are they reliable and somewhat strong.thanks
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
revo18

Default RE: Ofna Mutilator Truggy????

Don't by one yet. I have one and have big problem with breaking the front knuckles on it. I am not even bashing it hard yet. OFNA support really does suck!!!!!! They told me and can purchase the upgrade,CNC version but they are $50 bucks through them an I have not find them any where else,here is the part #34001,they told me the 9.5 violator front suspension was the same but the numbers do not match.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:38 AM
JM5

Hello Paul and Revo,

Go to the OFNA Nitro talk forum and read what Socialbash says about he Mutilator. He's come up with a solution for the front end problem, but it will cost you and extra $300. Paul, stay away from the Mutilator. Revo, read what's there and maybe you can find something that will help.

I was seriously looking at a Mutilator, but after some online investigation...I won't be getting one of these.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Tazer_version_A

Hey guys ... Im back with another interesting formulation. Maybe solves some folks truggy problems and provides a lower cost way to get into a pretty nice truck!

If anyone wants one - drop me a line :-)

Mutilator issues Ive tried to address:

Gearing - too low - not enough top end Im hearing from the peeps

Kingpin suspension - knuckle breakage - well documented at this point

Front Suspension Geometry - limited travel and setup options with the Blazer SST Tower

Wheel Offset - need to go wider without extenders or 100% OFFSET wheels

Steering - needs more

Cost to Fix issues - I think this is a good entry point with a definate affordable path to a fully Hopped Up T-AZ-ER - if one was interested in that.

Enter the - Taze-U-L8r !!

I altered the gearing to give this truggy the same gearing as the Jammin CRT - 14t Pinion / 9.5 Buggy Crowns - Jammin CRT/Muti Center Spur @ 62t.

Front shock tower - same one we use on the TA-Z-ER. Modified it to use the Muti Body Post Mount system - as well as the Muti Front bumper. Still offers several more shock mount options that are useable, and better suited for the vehicle. Opens up some alternate shock options as well.

Did away with the Kingpin Suspension :clap - That adds considerable width - and significant durability. It also allows you to maintain the better width and have improved steering and turning radius over the Kingpin suspension as the wheel centers are now in a better locale on the steering pivot points. Utilizing CRT 1/2 Offset wheels. Pictured with CRT 1/2 offset rims and Panther MEAT GRINDERS.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rc/Taze-U-L8r/

Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
chadrob30

You could also look into getting a Losi Muggy...I love mine, just wish it would quit raining...
Old 10-22-2006, 05:04 AM
TruggyBoy101

wow thanks for the heads up on the mutilator. i was first goin to get the crt then the mutilator and now back to the crt, the crt is $505 us at www.myrcsupply.com for those who wish to get the crt which ive heard is very durable and only that the rotostart is a bit dodgy
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 AM
delmage171

ORIGINAL: TruggyBoy101

wow thanks for the heads up on the mutilator. i was first goin to get the crt then the mutilator and now back to the crt, the crt is $505 us at www.myrcsupply.com for those who wish to get the crt which ive heard is very durable and only that the rotostart is a bit dodgy
does the RTR CRT come with a pull start option too?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:32 AM
routofc

does anyone know if you can turn a mutilator back into a buggy? if so how?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:06 AM
ltlsquad

Hey there...saw your post about the mutilator. Wish I would have seen it sooner. Anyway...my question is: Do they make an upgraded knuckle for the standard 1/8 mutilator that doesn't involve the conversion kit from 'NITRO HOUSE'...?