Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8ight Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8ight Truggy

Cool just maken sure. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
cherokee180c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that on modhobby!! They have been running a special on the RR which can't be beat. I also picked up a RTR for my son and with the 15% off code it was the best deal on the web by far. Jon will hook you up with what you need!

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: fsbb33

do you think the GRP engines will be available through a main soon? i dont really like going through horizon, and im hoping the price may come down some. what you think?

Try www.modhobby.com they are getting them in anyday!
And they are good people there.
There are some 15% off cooupon codes floating around too, pm me if you want one.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
jones81

hey everyone, first time posting here and i have a few questions. I have the race roller on order and i read a review that the kit does not include the switch for your electronics? Also due you guys prefer to run the plastic chassis braces or aluminum. thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
slayerphonics

Everyone will say buy the alloy ones, but honestly the only brace that needs to be changed is the back one, and thats questionable,

Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
rhino420

hey cherokee !! i didnt know u posted here too? do u know what happen to truggyracers.com? its been gone i dont know what happen anyways i got my shipment from modhobbies last night got my rtr and my roller!! geeze these trucks are nice !! im going today to pick up some fuel for them and maybe some extra glow plugs since ill be breaking in this weekend. did u get your shipment yet? what fuel do you guys run in your 8t?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM
coololdude

I agree with that I did notice that after putting both supports on my 8ight-T I went through about three servos. the throttle and brake under flexing just bind up and burn the serveos up after taking the front one off it stoped the dreaded servo burning....yes they look pretty but not worth the pain[:@]
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: coololdude

I agree with that I did notice that after putting both supports on my 8ight-T I went through about three servos. the throttle and brake under flexing just bind up and burn the serveos up after taking the front one off it stoped the dreaded servo burning....yes they look pretty but not worth the pain[:@]

huh ?....a chassy brace causing servo failure.....I dont think so.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
rhino420

what % fuel should i use my buddy with an rtr is broke in his truck with 30% trinity but i was reading my manual for the rtr and it says to use no more then 20% u guys think its safe to run 30% im not sure this is my first truggy so im a newbie to this
Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 PM
cherokee180c

Funny you should ask Rhino, as I just finished breaking in my son's RTR today. Went through 7 tanks. Everything I have read said to use cheap 20% sport fuel as you want the extra oil and lower nitro to help break the engine in. I am going to be running 30% in the Go Tech .21 after I break it in, but I am not sure if the 427 can handle it? Does anyone know? By the way, it really stinks as I think you got the last RR, so I am still waiting for mine to come. It should ship out on Monday. My son is dying as he traded me the body and he really wants to paint it.

Did you ever pick up the Go Tech engine? Mod just ordered a bunch and gave me a killer deal!!!!!! Jon is the best. He also hooked me up with a bunch of little stuff I need like temp gauge etc. I went out earlier today and picked up a DX3R for my RR. I can't wait to hit the track.

Oh yea, you asked about www.truggyracers.com. It was down for a while because of the site administrators doing an upgrade.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:39 PM
fsbb33
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: cherokee180c

Funny you should ask Rhino, as I just finished breaking in my son's RTR today. Went through 7 tanks. Everything I have read said to use cheap 20% sport fuel as you want the extra oil and lower nitro to help break the engine in. I am going to be running 30% in the Go Tech .21 after I break it in, but I am not sure if the 427 can handle it? Does anyone know? By the way, it really stinks as I think you got the last RR, so I am still waiting for mine to come. It should ship out on Monday. My son is dying as he traded me the body and he really wants to paint it.

Did you ever pick up the Go Tech engine? Mod just ordered a bunch and gave me a killer deal!!!!!! Jon is the best. He also hooked me up with a bunch of little stuff I need like temp gauge etc. I went out earlier today and picked up a DX3R for my RR. I can't wait to hit the track.

Oh yea, you asked about www.truggyracers.com. It was down for a while because of the site administrators doing an upgrade.

i use 30% in the stock engine with the RTR, it loves it!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
slayerphonics

same
Old 03-23-2008, 07:19 AM
luisev

You're gonna love your Go Tech... awesome engines. I still have a 427 from my RTR Buggy and it takes 30% without issue. I have abour 2.5 gallons thru mine and it's still going strong...
Old 03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
cherokee180c

How much stronger do you think the Gotech .21 is than the stock 427 in the RTR? I just played around breaking in the 427 this weekend and it was still pretty fast. Also how do you guys go about leaning out the motor to the right point without going too far? For breakin I wanted to run it rich, but now that it is broken in I am trying to find the sweet spot without going too lean? I don't have a temp guage yet, but one is on the way. Do you guys do it by temperature or sound? Any help appreciated.

Lastly does anybody have a race roller kit? Did the diffs come already together with silicone oil in them or do you have to add it yourself? The only reason I ask is the RTR comes with grease and I have to take them apart and fill with Silicone oil once my oil comes in.

Thanks for the help

Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Silverfang

I broke in my RTR 8 this weekend. And I love it. I used 20% fule myself and there is plenty of power there. I have nothing against 30%, but for now 20% is good enough till I learn to handle this thing better. It turns on a dime and breaks almost too well. I did notice that my upper servo tray flexes a lot. I am debating on getting a tray stiffiner or just replacing it with a carbon fiber tray. Any sugestions?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 AM
fsbb33
My Feedback: (5)

who knows if all the pro guys are running the GRP pipe with the new engines? or are they using JPor anything like that?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
RoadRash19

Help!

I was playing around a little today with my 8t. Weathers a little warmer, so I was dialing in the hsn. Anyway, I completely lost throttle. I checked it when new, and the throttle seemed smooth, and didn't bind any, so I didn't mess with it. Anyway, the servo isn't even trying, its like the thing is completely dead. I just brought it home Saturday, so I'm a little dissapointed. Before I call up the hobby shop, can someone give me some pointers to further troubleshoot. Its not bound up, nothing is stripped, its just dead.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: RoadRash19

Help!

I was playing around a little today with my 8t. Weathers a little warmer, so I was dialing in the hsn. Anyway, I completely lost throttle. I checked it when new, and the throttle seemed smooth, and didn't bind any, so I didn't mess with it. Anyway, the servo isn't even trying, its like the thing is completely dead. I just brought it home Saturday, so I'm a little dissapointed. Before I call up the hobby shop, can someone give me some pointers to further troubleshoot. Its not bound up, nothing is stripped, its just dead.
If its the Stock RTR servo.....there's not much to troubleshoot....Its dead...and u need a better servo...plain and simple.

Ace 1313 or AE w/e u can get is a wicked throttle servo. 79$ not too shabby.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 PM
forlorm22

?Does anyone know when mod hobby might be getting more losi 8ight T rtr in stock again? It says you have to back order em but I tried to call and no answer so was wondering if anyone had heard anything? Also is it a good company to work with? They have such a great deal on the truggies I cant pass it up but have never heard of them or dealt with them. To bad they are out bah!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
rhino420

ORIGINAL: forlorm22

?Does anyone know when mod hobby might be getting more losi 8ight T rtr in stock again? It says you have to back order em but I tried to call and no answer so was wondering if anyone had heard anything? Also is it a good company to work with? They have such a great deal on the truggies I cant pass it up but have never heard of them or dealt with them. To bad they are out bah!

by far the best hobby store i have worked with in any aspect those guys are coolest down to earth ready to help whom ever needs help they are new but they are maken a name in a good way i ordered my 8t rtr and rr from them and numeros other things from them an i have had no problem. if you tried to call right now its 4:16 pm pacific they are probably gone for the day they are in georgia so they are east coast time but trust me they are stand up guys great deals. yea i think i got the last rr becuase another guy on here tried to order it after me and they were sold out. but once there site is up and running they are going to give amain a run for there money !!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: forlorm22

ultimatehobbies.com
and thebarnfloor.com are also cheap on the truck

I've had good luck with ultimatehobbies, and only placed one order from thebarnfloor (which took a while, but to be fair they had to ship the stuff all the way to CA from NY)
Old 03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
forlorm22

Alright I suppose I'll try calling them in the morning and see if they have any idea on when they might get more 8ight T RTR's back in stock. I just got the go ahead to buy a new rc from the wife and was hoping to order it tonight. I had it narrowed down to the 8ight, or maybe a MT like the lst 2 or mgt 8. Still not really sure on the decision but the price mod hobby had it for might be worth my time. I only have a 1/10 truggy now and am new to the hobby. Thought a MT might be fun for bashin and all that but you can bash on the 8ight as well from what I hear. The MT's seemed a bit tippy and all that lol I dont know. I thought it might be cool to be able to go race on a track a bit as well. So..theres my problem hehe can only buy one vehicle right now.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
RoadRash19

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: RoadRash19

Help!

If its the Stock RTR servo.....there's not much to troubleshoot....Its dead...and u need a better servo...plain and simple.

Ace 1313 or AE w/e u can get is a wicked throttle servo. 79$ not too shabby.

Yep, its the rtr one. It went out on my 8th tank of fuel. What a disappointing pile. So...what about the HiTech or Futaba's? Any of those worth messing with, or is the concensus to get the DS1313. BTW, I looked it up, it shows it being made by XP...are they rebranding ACE servos? I'd like to get probably a hitech or futaba because the lhs stock them. I don't want to miss 3-5 days of playing waiting on shipping.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Styk97

i ordered one from modhobby today. I must have got one of the last ones. I called them and they were pretty helpful. Try them tomorrow, i cant see them being out for too long..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:58 PM
luisev

ORIGINAL: cherokee180c

How much stronger do you think the Gotech .21 is than the stock 427 in the RTR? I just played around breaking in the 427 this weekend and it was still pretty fast. Also how do you guys go about leaning out the motor to the right point without going too far? For breakin I wanted to run it rich, but now that it is broken in I am trying to find the sweet spot without going too lean? I don't have a temp guage yet, but one is on the way. Do you guys do it by temperature or sound? Any help appreciated.

Lastly does anybody have a race roller kit? Did the diffs come already together with silicone oil in them or do you have to add it yourself? The only reason I ask is the RTR comes with grease and I have to take them apart and fill with Silicone oil once my oil comes in.

Thanks for the help

The Go has more mid and high end power/speed. Off the line the 427 has a bit more grunt, but the Go makes up the speed/power rather quickly. Lean it out a little at a time and pick up a temp gauge. Use the water droplet test until you get the gauge and until the engine is fully broken in don't lean it out too much. I typically go a gallon or so before I start getting on the engine hard and then I start tweaking it.

My 8ight T is the racer roller and it came with gear oil.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Silverfang

is any one running the extended wheel hexes? If so is there any real benefit to them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.