Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8ight Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Styk97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8ight Truggy

just checked UPS, it should be here by friday...
Old 03-26-2008, 04:50 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

is any one running the extended wheel hexes? If so is there any real benefit to them?
If u want to run zero offset wheels...thats the 1 and Only reason for them.....1/2 offset AND the hexes is Overkill.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
rhino420

i know this sounds lame but if u set up your truck bump start and your starter box dies is there any other way to start it up ?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
cherokee180c

Modhobby should have the RTR's by the end of the week or beginning of next. Call them to verify. They were out of the race rollers and mine came in 3 days later and shipped out Monday.

Thanks for the Go Tech update. Do you guys think they can hang with an OS .21 or better yet and OS .28? My track is pretty big and I am hearing that the OS .28's run good up there. Just a little too high priced for me right now where I needed to buy everything else. I figured I would run for a while and then decide what needed upgrading first. I would really like to hear how you think the Go Tech compares since I heard enough good things about them to buy it first.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
luisev

I haven't driven an OS powered 8ight T, but my Go Tech hasn't disappointed me...
Old 03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
jones81

I have a question about the fail safe on my spektrom. When i turn the transmitter off it kicks in, but when the transmitter is on and i unplug the receiver pack nothing happens. There is no switch hooked up yet could this be thr problem?? thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 03:29 PM
slayerphonics

throttle return spring
Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 PM
dominicevans

how durable is this truggy for a light to moderate bashed? Or should I go with something cbeaper like A thunder tiger st-1?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Silverfang

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

how durable is this truggy for a light to moderate bashed? Or should I go with something cbeaper like A thunder tiger st-1?

I have been bashing mine around in the front yard. This front yard broke the a arms on my TMAXX 3.3 the first day. Stiped the supur and broke the front knuckles on my trimity now, the first day. And a Tree shattered the a arm on my Jato the fifth day. Ran the 8ight-t for 4 days now and I have fliped it roled it and smacked my mail box. The 8ight-t just laughed and kept on trucking. I am taking it to the track today. After all the abuse of the last 4 days, the track will seem like a vacation for it. I would say that th 8ight-t is great for bashing, but the stock set up if designed for the track. The rear is a little soft for bashing, but a spring change to something stiffer or mabey shock oil change all around will fix that. Also the bottom rear of the chassey tends to get scraped up from bashing. A main has the rear skid plate that will protect that. But I have changed nothing and it is fun durable and better than any truck I have owned.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
slayerphonics

Ya all truggies do alot of chassi draging, very good idea to get the skid plate, save the rear of chassi from alot of abuse,
Just driving mine on clay has wore down the back of chassi,
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Silverfang

ORIGINAL: jones81

I have a question about the fail safe on my spektrom. When i turn the transmitter off it kicks in, but when the transmitter is on and i unplug the receiver pack nothing happens. There is no switch hooked up yet could this be thr problem?? thanks

Slayer is right. Sounds like your throtal return spring is either missing or not doing its job. Also the fail safe on the reciever will not work with out a battery hooked up. THe fail safe kicks in when the battery is low. There is still enough juce in the battery to work the fail safe, but if you disconnect the battery the fail safe has no power in it. When the battery is disconnected the throtal return spring should take your carb back to closed. If not get a new return spring.

Hope that answers the question.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Styk97

I just started heat cycling the engine.. This thing is huge next to my MT2... Gonna go check out the track tonight... hopefully i can get there and race soon...
Old 03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
rhino420

im jealous i wish i was at home right now messing with my 8t and yea if u are use to the 1/10 truck the 1/8 looks huge but man wait till you drive it the thing is so nice!!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:12 PM
RoadRash19

I hit a fire hydrant and a telephone poll in my front yard yesterday. Right front a-arm has a piece of plastic about the size of a .177 pellet that shows a slight nick...lol.....this thing is frickin tough! I would need a broom and dust pan to pick up my Revo after driving it like this...lol...
Old 03-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Styk97

i ran mine into a rock yesterday... the pin at the the bottom of the front a arm busted through the back... So i ordered some extras and a few other parts i might need... now i have to wait...
Old 03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Styk97

i ran mine into a rock yesterday... the pin at the the bottom of the front a arm busted through the back... So i ordered some extras and a few other parts i might need... now i have to wait...
did u get upgrade parts at least ?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Styk97

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

i ordered the upgraded shock caps..
Old 03-30-2008, 07:06 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

i ordered the upgraded shock caps..

what about the parts that broke?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 PM
sloppyG

what do you think he's going to get

upgraded a-arms or pins?

the parts are fine, it's the driving into things that is the problem
Old 03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
RoadRash19

Hey guys, I'm having a couple of problems that I need help with.

First is the clutch. It engages too late. I'd like it to engage sooner. The slipping I beleive is what caused it to probably overheat tonight to the point where it wouldn't get moving without a push. So I packed it in. In the manual it says, "Softer springs engage at a lower rpm and have a smoother power band. If the engine doesn't have enough low-end power try running more preload (spring with more angle) or a stiffer spring." Then the next paragraph down it says, "Stiffer springs engage at a higher RPM and hit much harder. If the springs are too stiff it will cause the clutch to slip."

To me, those statements are kind of contradicting. Do I want softer springs, or stiffer springs? I would think that a softer spring would cause the centri-clutch to lock at a lower RPM, so it would do what I am looking for. Am I correct in my thinking?

The other question, and the issue that is really driving me crazy is that around 1/2 tank, I start getting air in the fuel lines, and it doesn't want to prime. It usually causes it to die when running, and then I have to mess with it, trying to prime it, but it just keeps getting more air. Should I try sealing the fuel lines with something on the tank? Also, the fuel lines run right on top of the pipe, could the pipe getting hot cause some type of weird backpressure or something...Should I be using heat shield tape....I'm not sure what to do here.

Thanks again. I'm new to this, so I'm learning as I go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help...I love this truck so far though. I just need to learn to stop running into things...but so far its taken it.

Oh, final question, is there a radio tray support that you recommend?

Thanks....

Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Styk97

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

what do you think he's going to get

upgraded a-arms or pins?

the parts are fine, it's the driving into things that is the problem
thats what i was thinking...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
busta774

hey guys i just got my losi 8ight t rtr WOW!! what a machine this thing is lol i was flying it off jumps testing it still new as new can be i will be introducing it to the track this weekend[>:] cant wait after that ill start buying hop ups enjoy your 8ights
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Silverfang

Any one have a a suggestin for a high torque pipe for the RTR mach 427?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
slayerphonics

Dude honestly the stock losi sport pipe is one of the best pipes around, id say the best RTR pipe and works great on alot of engines, the sport pipe is a good match for the 427.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 AM
slayerphonics

If your getting air in the fuel line at a half of tank..

Pull your fuel line out of the tank a little bit maybe its floping around in the tank to much sucking some air,

But your problem with the clutch prolly isn't the clutch sounds like a tuning problem.
Like your low end is to rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.