Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

I see you are having the same problems as us and other people. Are both of your engines vertex 26 and doing the same thing. Mine sounds good on the bench and then you put it on the ground and it goes down the road and bogs out. I did get it to run good one time and that was with the LSN turned all the way out flush then two and a half turns in and the same on the HSN. So have you tried all the settings in diffrent places. I have talked to the support people and they think it might be the rod. Does this sound right? Can a bad rod cause this kind of drivablty problem? Is there anybody out there with a VERTEX MOTOR THAT RUNS GOOD ALL OF THE TIME????????????????????
Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
j_blaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the con rod is bad the engine starts then stops quickly, sputters then quits and once in a while locks up...thats what mine did. The con rod is not very good, I'm gonna get my third one now, both times electronic problems caused engine to open up and bust up the con rod. First time it just snapped after I left reciever off during break in, this time the small bushing inside just split when my power switch went bad, and so I had small chunks off brass or copper all over the cylinder and around it. At first I thought the engine flooded so I took off the plug and pulled and pulled but no fuel shot out, then I took off the head and voila! metal chunks all over. Just when I finally finished break in and she was starting to sound track ready. I'll try one more rod and a couple more slow tanks but if anything else goes wrong she's going in the spare parts bucket. Os or Picco, you're on stand by.

YES, there are some that run good all the time, I have a vertex 21 from my buggy and it requires only 1 or 2 hours adjustment on the hsn once in a while, lsn I haven't touched in weeks. It has power, speed and tunability, I'm pretty sure the 26 will be the same as long as I find a con rod that will last, I'f I haven't destroyed this engine already.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 AM
coololdude

Hello everone....well I wished I didn't have to do this. I liked the punch the vertex 26 put out when it ran right but. I just have to twist the needles way to much to make it run right [sm=confused.gif]and it started cutting into my driving time....ok now to get to it. I've found a way to put the mac*28 in my vtx with a standard cb. 13 teeth...wow!!!...I'll post pic soon
Old 05-17-2007, 12:53 AM
coololdude

I just got done with a mock up with my truggy ...I installed one of my extra hyp 21's and it fits good. I'll have my 28 tomorrow. heres a pic of the cb. pic with 21 in..
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
giddyuperic

Nice job I will have to look at yours so when I put my mac in there . You can help right? Do you really want to hear something now I took the LSN and ran it all the way out and then went in from flush two and half turns and then on the HSN I did the same thing took it all the way out to flush and then ran it in three turns and the motor ran sweet then it started to bog at the high end so I ran the HSN in a half turn more and let me tell you it ran so well I would put it in a race as is right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I thought that I was just lucky again , so I shut her down and let her cool off and fiiled the tank and it ran threw 3/4 of a tank and smoken speeds up and down the street. So tommrow I am taking it and my muggy to a place a friend hook me up with and I will give it this one last chance, and we shall see. I still will have fun running my muggy . So I will post about what happens .[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Cool, you need to slide that engine forward. That spur and bell mesh isn't correct. Slide the engine forward until the spur gear meshes in the middle of the clutch bell gear, not on the very tip like you have it
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
coololdude

Like I posted its just a mock up. Oh ya the cb will be lined up with the spur. the hyp 21 is the same block as the mac*28. I was so happy to see with just a little modding that its going to fit so well...[sm=idea.gif]
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 AM
giddyuperic

Okay took it out today and it ran fine for about maybe ten min and then the bog , so I tried so things . The truggy only bogs when it is turning or bouncing back and forth. So I but the ingnighter on it and it runs okay, so you think glow plug no way I have bought large amount of glow pugs and that's not it even with the ingnighter on it bogs when it is pitched from side to side as if you were driving in to a hard turn it bogs and then when you drive straight it runs fine again. WELL THAT'S IT IT IS GOING BACK TO VTX AND THEY CAN LOOK AT IT AND THEN SEND ME A NEW ONE JUNK SORRY PEOPLE THE MOTOR i GOT IS JUNK. So I put this baby it it and will start the break in tomorrow. The last five pics are of the 26 vertex junk motor.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36867.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	686660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc90948.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	686661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21390.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	686662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48530.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	686663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iu11557.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	686664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Du21212.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	686665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eg77639.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	686666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qp52357.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	686667  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq17135.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	686668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uh44649.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	686669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq73157.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	686670  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:38 PM
giddyuperic

Okay put a new 21 go motor in it today and it runs fine only when you tip the truggy foward it dies I mean you grab it by the wing and just tilt if forward and it falls right on it's face. Can anybody help????????? I took the tank off and used a vacum pump on it and it will not hold any pressure at all is it the tank or what?????? It holds a vacum but not pressure. PLEASE HELP I AM REALLY CLOSE TO THROWING THIS THING OUT THE DOOR . S.O.S. .S.O.S.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
j_blaze

is that the vertex roto start on the GO? how is it working so far? mine wore out one of the bushings inside so the gears don't mesh anymore. All that after about 2 tanks.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
giddyuperic

Yes it is working fine you need to put a little grease in there if you want them to last and I have a back plat on the way to get rid of the drill starter al together.. BUT THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM IT'S THE FUEL SYSTEM OR SOME GREMLIN[sm=angry_smile.gif] PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP????????????????????????
Old 05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Kemo

vertex makes go engines.. bolts right up.

did you replace all the fuel lines and try going from there?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 PM
giddyuperic

No they don't make GO enigne's I had that in a box brand from my other sposor HIMOTO. So what do you guys think the tank or the fuel lines??? Well I have got brand new lines and a tank comming, but the motor only dies when you tilt it forward???? And when you put pressure in the tank it leaks really bad around the cap. And a nother thing is that it is very hard to prime the fuel lines you know like when you put your finger over the end of the pipe and then turn the motor over it should fill the lines right up but it does inot it takes alot to get the lines full. So it has to be a pressure fuel problem right??????
Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 AM
coololdude

ok and now for the updated model....and now should be competitive!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
coololdude

oh one more pic..
Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 AM
giddyuperic

Happy new year dude you forgot the date. It looks good hay you know all the little washer's that go on the end of the bell housing? I lost one do you have one? and would you have one of the bolts? that the washers go on I screwed up the allen head on it mine. I went threw this whole thing with the VTX tonight and after all that. The fu4%$ing thing wont hold the SH28-P3 it's to big. So I will just go with the mach 28 when I can pay for it at the end of the month. Yours looks great now all you need is the servos and you are set. Any way I will talk at you on sunday, and we can hit the dirt at 4 if that's okay with you??
Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 PM
j_blaze

Is anybody using extensions on their st1? I got 15mm and 30mm extensions and used them with no problems. Truck handles great. Heres a pic with the 30's...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15249.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	689113  
Old 05-22-2007, 12:14 AM
giddyuperic

Do they really make it better ?? Can you show some pic's of it with the wheels off please? And where did you get them and how much do they cost Thank you.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 AM
MBX5T Maniac

extensions= pointless, esp. when they are that large. Though it may be more stable, you lose steering, bigtime
Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 AM
giddyuperic

That's what I was thinking if you were to race how would you get around the courners faster if you have to go wider to make the turn? So I they are for looks and bashing right?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:22 AM
MBX5T Maniac

Yeah. These were originally made for converting buggies to truggies, which is why they are some wide.

Some companies, such as mugen, make extenders, which are about 19mm long, which allow it to use zero off-set wheels instead of the weird Jammin offset. Other than that, I see no use for them
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
j_blaze

I actually turned beter with them on, of course that was after a lot of other changes, I'll try again with them off. I know my buggy can out corner my truggy big time, thanks for the info.

I found them on eBay $19 or so.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:20 PM
j_blaze

I CAN'T KEEP MY CLUTCH BELL ON, at first it was a small problem, about once a day, but 3 times today? I go through about 2 tanks then I get the dreaded buzzing and no power to the wheels. Then I have to do the track walk, first find the screw then always the bushing a few steps after. I have tried locktite, CA, a locking washer, is there a way to move the fuel tank back a bit? I know on my buggy the fuel tank is about 1/8 of an inch from the end of the screw and it never falls out or come loose. Any other suggestions? Besides that I have 0 complaints with this truggy, A few problems breaking in the engine is about it.

Heres a find: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-OEM-SH-21-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem

I ordered this engine last week and broke it in this week, is screams and has tons of power. I did 5 tanks of just a hair over idle against a wall and it tuned very easy too, if anyone is looking for a cheep mill.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
giddyuperic

I got one for you my vertex motor was junk and my tank was leaking. So they sent me a new tank and I put a GO 21 motor in it and the same thing the tank is leaking again. I was at ace two times today and have taken three tanks apart and still the truggy won't run when you tilt it forward it dies it goes blog then nothing, and I put all new fuel lines in it and still the same thing . It is the VTX ST-1 I don't know what to do now maybe glue the tank lid shut and put fuel in threw a tube???????
Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 AM
MBX5T Maniac

Just buy a different brand tank. Like a Mugen or Kyosho tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.