Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

POLL

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
hopup king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLL

Which Is the best overall pro level truggy kit?
A. Jammin CRT
B. Kyosho ST-R
C. HPI Hellfire SS
D. Losi 8T
E. Hot Bodies LSP
F. Mugen MBX-5T
G. GS XUT
H. CEN Arena TR
I. TTR ST-1
J. Ofna Hyper ST
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
hopup king

Default RE: POLL

Sorry, I do not know how to post a poll.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
ssj2

Probably the Mugen MBX5T/MBX5T Prospec.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
72dolphins

moogen prospec x5t
Old 01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

You aren't going to get a definitive answer.....

Several reasons;

1) 80% of the people are going to say their "Brand X" is best, yet they've never OWNED any of the other truggies. They'll say they drove a friend of theirs truggy and it sucked compared to their "Brand X". Not everyone drives exactly alike. My buddy likes to steer his truggy with the rear-end. I don't I like lots of front-end brake bias....

2) Then there are those that are going to tell you that Brand X is the best because it won this big race or that big race. Well, do you really think Chad Bradley or Adam Drake drives what he does because its the best out there AND NOT BECAUSE they get paid to drive it........ These guys would do just as well as they do with whatever they drive, the truggy is a tool for their skill. They are paid to drive what they do.....

3) There really isn't much to choose when it comes to the top truggies out there. Jammin, Mugen, Kyosho, Losi they are all great. It comes down to which one can be tuned to YOUR driving style.

3) And in your opinion what features makes one truggy better than another? Is it adjustability? Out-of-the-box drivability? Parts support? Use of high-end materials regardless of function over looks?

I'd look around at my local track to see what people are driving, this way you have local "support" for that product. You can learn from each other about what works and what doesn't....
Old 01-07-2007, 08:04 AM
RcRacer37E

Mugen MBX5T
Old 01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Spdfrk

CRT! End of story. Its a proven surviver and will rise to the occasion.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Toycar

I ran the CRT last season. It was perfect for me. I run deep and hot into turns slide and hammer out. It suited me very well versus say the Xray buggy I have that drove oposite. So all I ended up running was the CRT. I was 2 seconds faster with the CRT. I now have a MBX5T. I haven't driven it yet but the engine is mounted over 1" forward vs. the CRT. It's over a 1lb. lighter with minor track and width differences. For sure the MBX5T will have a better power to weight. It'll transition faster left/right because the engine being more centered due to its 46T vs 62T CRT spur gear. In these aspects it's better. From all the owners I've read on the net loves the way it handles but I haven't driven it yet. The engine being so forward will likely not suite the way I take it in/out of turns?

The CRT is the most durable off-road vehicle I've ever owned, wear and breakage.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Same here! I have one and beat the snot out of it, im a basher and the only part that I broke was the bumper...this truck is the most durible RC ive ever owned, more durible the a savage,revo,rc10gt. I had them all and the crt is durible it defines it. Im not saying the crt is the best just that it well suites a basher!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
infernos777

The Mugen took everything that made the CRT good and made it better IMO.

It's simply easier to drive. Just ask around with racers who've driven both. The Mugen steers better, jumps and is more stable than the Jammin.

One example of the CRT showing its age...there was a SINGLE Jammin CRT in the A-Main at the ROAR Nats in '06. In '05 it was virtually the only truck in the A-Main.

Chad Bradley, who's whooped everyone in the last year in Truggy, was in the B-Main and was complaining his truck wouldn't steer or go fast enough to compete. The CRT has seen it's 5-minutes of fame and it's gone now. I hope Jammin will re-do the CRT because I loved that truck but it's just not as fast anymore and most everyone seems to agree who has driven both.

Also the Jammin' universals and outdrives wear out really fast, and that bothers a lot of people. The mugen's hold up 10x better with the same amount of run time.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: infernos777

The Mugen took everything that made the CRT good and made it better IMO.

It's simply easier to drive. Just ask around with racers who've driven both. The Mugen steers better, jumps and is more stable than the Jammin.

One example of the CRT showing its age...there was a SINGLE Jammin CRT in the A-Main at the ROAR Nats in '06. In '05 it was virtually the only truck in the A-Main.

Chad Bradley, who's whooped everyone in the last year in Truggy, was in the B-Main and was complaining his truck wouldn't steer or go fast enough to compete. The CRT has seen it's 5-minutes of fame and it's gone now. I hope Jammin will re-do the CRT because I loved that truck but it's just not as fast anymore and most everyone seems to agree who has driven both.

Also the Jammin' universals and outdrives wear out really fast, and that bothers a lot of people. The mugen's hold up 10x better with the same amount of run time.
Thats funny, they said the same thing when the Kyosho ST1 came out,
wheres it at now? Like I said, the CRT is a surviver and will still be around when the bandwagon finaly burns out. I like the original, not a copycat.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:42 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Spdfrk

Thats funny, they said the same thing when the Kyosho ST1 came out,
wheres it at now? Like I said, the CRT is a surviver and will still be around when the bandwagon finaly burns out. I like the original, not a copycat.
Whats a ST1? The CRT is barely around now so I doubt that it will be out in a couple of years and how is the Mugen a copycat if its obvisoulsy an overall far advanced truck than the CRT? And what chassis parts fit with no modification needed?