Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

HPI Hellfire VS Kyosho Inferno ST

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HPI Hellfire VS Kyosho Inferno ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI Hellfire VS Kyosho Inferno ST

Ok so i want to get into track raceing and ive selected these 2 truggys ive read about all the problems with the regular HELLFIRE......and the improvments in the SS version but the one thing i dont understand is where the problems with the regular hellfire durabilaty or performance???? or both??? i wasnt sure so could some one clarify this for me??? from what i see the inferno GT is pretty evenly mached with the hellfire and since i own the inferno gt im familiar with the platform and honestly i love my GT............are these 2 truggys evenly matched???? or is there one way better than the other???? also i can get parts for both quiet easy so that is not a issue!!!!

PS i love other truggys but in my area it is a pain to get parts for MUGEN'S,LOSI'S, and CEN'S everything for them is SPECIAL ORDER so i chose these 2 truggys becuase parts for them are as easy as a drive down the street (litterally) there is a hobby shop 12 blocks from me!!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Hellfire VS Kyosho Inferno ST

I had a Hellfire RTR. Honestly, not a very good platform. Alot of nice features on paper, but on the track it wasn't very good. I happened to own an LSP-R, Hellfire, and Kyosho ST-R all at the same time.

Of the 3, the Hellfire performed the worst. Performance-wise, it took a lot more focus/concentration to get it around the track fast. It seemed very inconsistent when it came to the exact same corner, meaning sometimes it would over-steer, sometimes under-steer, lacked consistency. Now, I'm a racer, so those diffs, weren't stock. They had silicone in them. I changed out the front silicone, to no avail.

Also, even though the Hellfire has a multitude of adjustments, make changes is hardly noticable, unlike the ST-R and LSP-R. You'd adjust shock position or toe-in or the like and it wasn't noticeable that you made a change...

I sold mine after about 3 weekends.

At my local track at the beginning of last season there were about 4 of them. By the end of the season only 1 was still running it....
Old 01-18-2007, 01:55 AM
revo7617

I have an ST US, planning in upgrade it. One thing only.. the engine sucks! hard to start..
Old 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyosho. Just get a better engine, electronics, and driveline. Hell, get the STR.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM
revo7617

Thats right Annie, the Kyosho ST is a pretty good RTR, the engine is cheap and powerless (IMO) but good if you´re not racing.

Im planning to change it to a OS 21 or some .28, already changed the servos / battery pack / oils and of course, tires!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Go for the .28 engine.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:02 PM
revo7617

Right now I dont have to much for an expensive engine...

I was looking the Axial 28, someone can tell mi if its a good engine (is really cheap), cause, in somre mag reviews seems to be a pretty good engine..

PS not lookinf for a hi-end/Hi cost engine