Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

truggy advice lighning stadium pro vs. Jammin

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

truggy advice lighning stadium pro vs. Jammin

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
RedneckCubano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truggy advice lighning stadium pro vs. Jammin

Hey still haven't made a decision yet. I've been leaning towards the jammin x-1 crt. what does everyone think of the lighning stadium pro? except for the stock .26 this thing looks indestructible with all the aluminum.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
sneff

Default RE: truggy advice lighning stadium pro vs. Jammin

The Lightning Stadium is a great truggy but you have to upgrade the diffs to keep them from locking up. The Lightning I had flew very well and handled awesome. I just got sick of blowing up diffs. I would say go with the Jammin.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Kemo

jammin for the win over the lightning stadium pro
Old 01-28-2007, 11:31 PM
rc_dude1

haha HPI vs. HongNor
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
heidmann1

I have a lightning staduim pro and never had any problems with the diffs? Both are good truggies and BOTH will rip it up at the track, The jammin has more steering than the lsp but the lsp is stronger, I have a lot of buddies with the jammin and they have a lot of chassis flew, you need to do some hop ups, and the arms break and you will mess up cvd's which are expensive. The lsp has aluminum arms and 90% of lsp owners including myself will agree never broke or bent a a -arm. So there, the rest is up to you. They are both great! Oh ya lsp parts are less money amainhobbies.com........
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
RedneckCubano

what kind of starting system comes with the lsp? and is the stock .26 a good engine or is it worth upgrading?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
heidmann1

The stock lsp comes with a roto-start system. The stock engine is good. Its not as powerful as some of thge more expensive engines but It does good and is reliable. It is no good to have crazy power un;less you are a master rc driver, to much power takes a lot more control. You can ask any-pro or good rc racer The key is to be smooth and consistant. And I see a lot of people get these expensive powerhouse engines and they are driving like they have no control. Worry about a crazy engine later when you are in perfect control dialed in to your vehicle. BUt lets put it this way I have and have seen many guys spank other people with more powerful engines, Its all about the driving skill. The stock engine has more than enought to do fine at the track. Take care.............
Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 PM
RedneckCubano

Thanks heidmann1 you've been a big help. I was leaning towards the CRT on rep alone but that lsp just looks indestructible. This will be my first truggy and mainly for bashing since I currently run a t-maxx with an OS .18 and a stock monster GT and bash the hell out of em. I wanted to get into a truggy to have something quicker and better handling. after your advice I may go with the lsp.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the LSP is not as nice as the CRT for sure... the CRT is way way tougher... I have a CRT pro, with a Kingheadz engine mount and its bullet proof... I have yet to break anything on the Truggy and its run 7 gallons with a powerful mill.... Ask around anywhere the CRT is one of the most bullet proof truggies you can buy.... the LSP has notorious issues with the diffs and lower then par build quality.... You truly cannot compare the two Truggies.... And aluminum arms suck, they are heavy and will bend way before a CRT will break an arm... The LSP is an old outdated design and should not be bought over a CRT

A CRT Pro any day over an LSP pro , and there are hundreds of people who will tell you the same thing...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 PM
heidmann1

I have had my LSP truggies for 2 years now, I race only at the track, not bash. ANd I have never had any diff issues or bent or damaged arms. ON all the chats I have read I have not heard of any body that has bent aluminum arms? BUt These trucks are big and fast and they all break stuff eventually. NO matter what brand. I will never say one is better than the other becasue there are to many variables, The CRT IS awesome no doubt but the LSP is a awesome truggy too..... # of my buddies at the track have crt's and there is no big noticable difference as to one being better on the track than the other. I personally have broke less than my buddies CRT"S, WAY LESS. So Therefore My opinion of the reliability of the LSP COmes from my and my friends experience. ANd the arms are 4ounces heavier than the plastic ones, ON a big truggy thats not a big deal........ If so Then why do my buddies crt's stay right with me. My lsp shows no signs of being tt heavy?...Take care guys.........
Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
heidmann1

I just have to add, In this hobby it is so funny..... people think what they have is the best thing on earth and everything else sucks? Until they get something else and THAT is now the best thing on earth. I dont try to bash brands of engines or vehicles, because you talk to one guy and he will say it sucks...then you talk to another guy and he will say it is great? EVeryone is going to have different opinions on EVERYTHING......... JUst like me. NO problems with my lsp's besides maintenance stuff and the previous post saying they suck?........ LAter............
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
supertib

I own and have owned quite a few RC vehicles, and since I mod a few engines I am at the luxery to test other people vehicles.... I have solid evidence the LSP has issues as one of my best freinds runs one, after 2 seasons he has given up on the LSP, I wont argue the LSP handles well, but it does suffer from diff issues...My freind is soo tired of replacing diffs its not even funny. as well the LSP is extremely heavy, heavier then the CRT which is a tank by todays standards... We all run potent .28 sized mills and the LSP quickly shows its weakneses when strapped with big power...

I sometimes dont have the time during the day to fully explain my veiws, and come across a little blunt ( the fun of having 2 jobs) , so pleae bear with me here

the LSP was one of the very first true Truggies, it performed excelent, but it did suffer some weaknesses, the diffs are a very common one, as well the general fit and finish is a little rough, but what can you expect when it was built in a time there was nothing to compete against... And in its day a LSP was the top dog on the race track, and even today many LSP's still run and win races... But since that time many other trucks were built using the LSP as a measuring stick, giving the other trucks the advantage during the design phase... ther CRT is the next step from the LSP and is a better truck IMO, as it was designed to be better then the LSP, just like the new MBX5T was built to beat the CRT... Look on Ebay at the value of the Truggies, its hard enough to get a good dollar for a good CRT and you almost have to give LSP's away, and there is a reason for that....

I do own a CRT Pro and a MBX5T, and have alot of experience with the LSP, there was one day the LSP was my favorite RC... But as times change things evolve, and the Truggy class has evolved quite a ways since the LSP....

As for bashing the CRT is as tough as nails, I have pounded on my CRT for over 8 gallons, and have only broken 2 rear knuckles by smoking a wall sideways at 35 MPH on an indoor track, but other then that the CRT has been bombproof.. I also run some really potent engines and the drivetrain has been rock solid, it is by far the lowest maintenance RC I have ever owned...I have done likely 300 backflips with the CRT over a 25 foot table top jump

here is one video with the CRT

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...34824816397677

and if you look thru my uswer file on Google video you can find alot of videos of my CRT, and to note in all my video's the truck didn't fail once, not one single part.

As well if you ever go to sell the Truggy , the CRT will retain its value better then a LSP as its a more comonly desireable truggy....As alot feel that the truggy class is evolving rapidly and the newer truggies are in fact better then the older Truggies.

Anyways this is my veiw on the whole situation , sorry if I offended anyone, i didn't mean to
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The plus side to the LSP is that you can get them for absolutely nothing when you buy them used.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 PM
heidmann1

Well I guess myself and all the guys I talk to that have the LSP HAve been lucky........ Or maybe your buddy Got a lemon?. Anyways.....To each his own. I could go on about all the things the 8+ people at my track break on there crt's but I'm not into online disputes, I'm just sharing my opinion just like you.......... To each his own...........Take it easy guys..[8D]
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 PM
heidmann1

Great song on that video supertib! And nice drivin'............LAter
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: heidmann1

Well I guess myself and all the guys I talk to that have the LSP HAve been lucky........ Or maybe your buddy Got a lemon?. Anyways.....To each his own. I could go on about all the things the 8+ people at my track break on there crt's but I'm not into online disputes, I'm just sharing my opinion just like you.......... To each his own...........Take it easy guys..[8D]
yeah i dont want to argue either, sorry I was rude earlier....
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM
heidmann1

NO problem....Take care.............you guys should post some pics so I can check out your rides...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: heidmann1

what motor do you run in the LSP ?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
heidmann1

Right now I am running a modded collari B3 With a jp-2 pipe. For a long time I used to run a sts .28 but I tried the B3 and The fuel mileage is way better and It still has enough power for me to clear all the set's and I get just as good lap times with it. Whats in your crt? Check out my gallery............L8R
Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: supertib

I own and have owned quite a few RC vehicles, and since I mod a few engines I am at the luxery to test other people vehicles.... I have solid evidence the LSP has issues as one of my best freinds runs one, after 2 seasons he has given up on the LSP, I wont argue the LSP handles well, but it does suffer from diff issues...My freind is soo tired of replacing diffs its not even funny. as well the LSP is extremely heavy, heavier then the CRT which is a tank by todays standards... We all run potent .28 sized mills and the LSP quickly shows its weakneses when strapped with big power...

I sometimes dont have the time during the day to fully explain my veiws, and come across a little blunt ( the fun of having 2 jobs) , so pleae bear with me here

the LSP was one of the very first true Truggies, it performed excelent, but it did suffer some weaknesses, the diffs are a very common one, as well the general fit and finish is a little rough, but what can you expect when it was built in a time there was nothing to compete against... And in its day a LSP was the top dog on the race track, and even today many LSP's still run and win races... But since that time many other trucks were built using the LSP as a measuring stick, giving the other trucks the advantage during the design phase... ther CRT is the next step from the LSP and is a better truck IMO, as it was designed to be better then the LSP, just like the new MBX5T was built to beat the CRT... Look on Ebay at the value of the Truggies, its hard enough to get a good dollar for a good CRT and you almost have to give LSP's away, and there is a reason for that....

I do own a CRT Pro and a MBX5T, and have alot of experience with the LSP, there was one day the LSP was my favorite RC... But as times change things evolve, and the Truggy class has evolved quite a ways since the LSP....

As for bashing the CRT is as tough as nails, I have pounded on my CRT for over 8 gallons, and have only broken 2 rear knuckles by smoking a wall sideways at 35 MPH on an indoor track, but other then that the CRT has been bombproof.. I also run some really potent engines and the drivetrain has been rock solid, it is by far the lowest maintenance RC I have ever owned...I have done likely 300 backflips with the CRT over a 25 foot table top jump

here is one video with the CRT

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...34824816397677

and if you look thru my uswer file on Google video you can find alot of videos of my CRT, and to note in all my video's the truck didn't fail once, not one single part.

As well if you ever go to sell the Truggy , the CRT will retain its value better then a LSP as its a more comonly desireable truggy....As alot feel that the truggy class is evolving rapidly and the newer truggies are in fact better then the older Truggies.

Anyways this is my veiw on the whole situation , sorry if I offended anyone, i didn't mean to
tell your friend to learn how to properly shim his diffs and he wont have these problems.

i have NEVER seen any LSP aluminum arms bend!!!!! bogus
Old 02-02-2007, 07:35 PM
supertib

I guess a LSP Pro is a decent truggy to buy, as you can find then used for next to nothing on Ebay.... You could have a pro quality kit for very little money..
Old 02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Mufasa_719

[quote]ORIGINAL: MBX5T Maniac

The plus side to the LSP is that you can get them for absolutely nothing when you buy them used.

True dat I picked a complete roller in tip top shape with some nice servos for 200.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM
shaunyshaun1234

if you get the hardened gear sets for your diffs, aluminium cups and also shim them properly they can take some serious abuse!! i use an rb ws7III in mine and it flies.

The diff problem is down to a bit of an upgrade and shimming.!!!