Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Starter Box

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
lazyboy12300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Box

Hi
I am looking for a truggy and already have an engine. However it is only rotostart. Can this still work with a starter box or do i need something else for this.

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM
ssj2

Default RE: Starter Box

The engine should still work with a starter box if the flywheel is big enough. If you find, when you get the truggy, that the flywheel doesn't clear the bottom of the chassis enough for a starter box, then you're going to have to buy a large enough flywheel to accommodate. It should work though, if not, no biggy.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Mystikal8885

I own a Cen Matrix TR Arena RTR and I use a Ofna chrome top starter box. It should work for any truggy you choose. The rubber wheel on the motor should be able to touch the flywheel on your engine. I know for a fact it works perfect with the Cen Truggy.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

The only problem you may run into is that the engine mounts are going to be taller to accomodate the rotostart and engine backplate which may cause the starter box wheel not to be able to make contact with the flywheel, and a bigger flywheel may cause more problems like not clearing the carburator. I had this issue when I was trying to use a spare engine and ended up grinding a whole lot off the backplate and rotostart plate to make it work.

Why not just convert the engine to bumpstart?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
RedneckCubano

I know that CEN makes a roto start type of system, do you know if the backplate will fit on the matrix arena engine?