Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

matrix tr rtr

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matrix tr rtr

i was so close to getting a matrix rtr tr but when i went to my local track evarybody gots prokits. they all tell me the rtr are peices of junk. i need to know is the matrix tr rtr a tough true racer out of the box unlike the other cars
Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

Default RE: matrix tr rtr

oh yes its just as good as the pro it just doesnt come witrh the nice CNC upgrades or the race chassi so no its not a piece of jusnk not even close
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Are you a pro? If you are already racing and within a second or two of the leader in all of the A-Mains, then I would say ya, get it. If not, then you don't need a pro kit. Get the TR RTR, and run it at the track. I have seen guys being competitive with Ofna MBX Pros for crying out loud. The TR in particular is a really nice platform, and don't forget as you get better all of the pro mods are available.

The driver is more important then the car. Get the TR RTR, practice and get good with it and then whoop on all of the 'pro' kit drivers. If you aren't a good racer yet, the pro won't get you there any faster. Pro kits usually have very fine tuning that would be meaningless to a new driver. That CEN truggy out of the box is competitive enough.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
RGX Blade

well right off the bat?? i would get Knuckels,and Kyosho diffs??
then will be right on par with every other truck...if just bashing having some fun leave the stock diffs in.....or get Gene Hickerson's diff mod....there really good..
but true the driver has most to do with it.....
no need to get the pro kit??
it is "Exactly the same as the RTR.....at least with the RTR you will get a motor,Body,tires and rims and electronics...the pro "Only" has the truck
no body, no motor,no rims,no tires,no electronics
trust me the RTR is a little better if just starting out
i should know i am a Factory pilot for CEN...
(though Headrush might dissagree with my advice?)
the only differences are the Chassis, one is hard coated,one is just "Anodized"
the front and rear towers front lower brace,rear lower brace, center diff plate and hubs...
thats it.....even the diffs are the same on the RTR as the Pro.....
oh and would recommend 17mm hubs there more racer friendly as you can find a wider range of rims to fit.....
just get as well, buggy rear axle ends so you wont need a grip of shims on the rear if you decide to get 17mm hubs instead of using the stock 23mm hubs...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

well blade i do disagree on getting kyosho diffs right off the bat because you are supposly "a CEN factry driver" (thats drives a thunder tiger)......hahhaha
so if your representing cen why would you tell a guy thats new to this TRUCK that he will have to atomaticly upgrade to other diffs.............cause you dont you can still race with the stock diffs its just the kyosho diffs are lighter easier to tuna and "might" give you faster lap times so snaut rocket you dont have to upgrade to other diff right away heck you dont gott upgrade at all if you dont want to
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 PM
DahlELama

Get the RTR. I bought the pro kit and was really suprised at how close the RTR was to the FRE. I was kinda chapped at first as I was thinking that CEN should have held back a bit and skimped a little more on the RTR so us guys that shelled out a grip of $'s would have something that was 'that much better'.

I compare the experience to the Kyosho ST-US that I bought. I figured I would buy the RTR for $400 and then upgrade it with ST-R parts and make it an ST-R on the cheap. No way was that gonna happen... the ST-US and the ST-R are in two different worlds. It would cost a fortune to bring the ST-US up to snuff with the ST-R. With the CEN TR RTR... a couple hundred bucks and you have the same truck as us guys that bought the kit... and then had to go out and buy an motor, pipe, radio, servos, body tires and wheels. The only thing to be really concerned about with an RTR when starting out if you are racing... is durability. The CEN RTR is built very durable.

CEN was smart with what they did with the RTR... it is tough and pretty much race ready out of the box. They should win over a bunch of folks with this truck.

e.

[
Old 02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
RGX Blade

oh well ??
if he can't back up what he says?? he deserves it??
you know when he gives advice to Newer crowds? when he has "Barely started himself" and them the rest of the dealers are getting hammered with complaints?? from other customers saying well some one named"___so and so_____" said this? and not so much him either but others as well?
guess what we have to clean it up??? no wonder CEN is having a harder and harder time getting parts in the stores?? i can't go into details but i see the Numbers.....
"Localy" we can not even get parts in our local shops because things like this?
2 of our local race tracks totaly refuses to carry parts???
anyways back on "Rush"
and he's an ok kid..and i started up on him cause of what he said?
he wants to "Apologize" ok then water under the bridge?
am i gonna look stupid?? maybe?? but think about it if i can help those same people keep from being frustrated with there purchases then i do not care if i look dumb?? if I help those customers with the "Right Advice"
but when a 15 year old kid comes out with info and barley started racing?,that tries to tell everyone including myself? were "Wrong" well ?????
and be Honest? would you trust this advice?
i do not know about anyone else? but me personaly? if i was just starting out? and talked to someone that was only driving for some 6 months or less? even though they may be 6 months on me in driving? i might try and find someone with a little more "Experience"..???

for the bashing crowd having some fun and just running there cars and trucks, looks good!!
for the racing aspect of the more race orintated cars and trucks???.....
so when we have someone tossing out advice on many things they do not know or have the "Years of Exprience" behind them?? guess what customers write and get frustrated??
and say well this guy said he's a driver for them he told me.................etc.
guess what?? if the reality of the truth doesnt fit with what some else says??
you get a problem?????
example,if someone asked a rep for advice on motor tuning?
and they Blew up there motor? guess what there going to be upset?? we have all seen it.....
Old 02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
theputz

i can tell u the matrix rtr is awesome in every aspect-easy to tune well set up right out of the box-really a top notch truck for the money
Old 02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Robert.Hull
Banned

blade a BS mutha ***** cause i have 6 years racing and fixing and im 16 years old sponsored by headrushhobbies and work at a local hobby shop and build all my cars and trucks (pro kits) with high dollar motors i run all the big races blade is just a BS er that thinks hes a factory driver for CEN just cause i was right and he was wrong doesnt mean he has to get mad he thinks he knows everything cause he paints bodies in side of a trailor
and i run the matrix tr and buggy so i no excactly what the hell im talking about BLade does not even own a matrix TR all the advice he gives is just what he reads IM NOT LYING i no its sad and he says he helps me at the track....ahahhahaha to bad hes lying he wishs he can help me I DONT NEED OR WANT HIS HELP CAUSE FOR ONE I COME PREPARED AND NEVER HAVE THAT MANY PROBLEMS 2 HES THE MORON THAT COMES TO MY PIT ASKING FOR TIE STRAPS AND CRAP CAUSE HE CANT AFFORD IT AND WHEN HE TALKS TO MY DAD OR ME WE JUST LISTEN CAUSE WE FEEL BAD FOR HIM THAT HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT AND THEN WHEN HE FINALLY SHUTS UP WE CAN WALK AWAY LAUGHING IN OUR MINDS ABOUT WHAT HE TOLD AND HOW IT MAKES KNOW SINCE AT ALL HAHAHHAHA AND JUST TO TOP IT OFF I BUILT MY BUGGY MATRIX PRO KIT READY TO HIT THE TRACK IN 2 DAYS SAME WITH MY tr arena AND MONSTER TRUCK...............so i know everything i need to know i just share it with you guys to help you out if you think its wrong fine i dont care cause how often do you see me ask a ????? on car /trucks here .............never cause i dont need help yea im young (16) and know everything about these little things thats what makes me speacial i also work on full scale trucks/cars sssoooooooooo............
Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 PM
mmelick
My Feedback: (5)

Can I be honest here? I appreciatte all the advice I get from these forums and take it all under consideration. Just becuase I heard it here does not make it true. That said. I think that petty bickering between 2 people who support CEN products is really bad for all and kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Keep helping people who love their CEN cars and trucks and stop clogging up a good forum with this nonsense. JM2c
Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Robert.Hull
Banned

mmelick your right but rgx blade is an old man and like to be trouble maker so you we will just have to deal with that......and he doesnt even own any cen cars/trucks
but you are correct on what you siad
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
mmelick
My Feedback: (5)

What qualifies as an old man? I'm 34 w/ 2 kids. LOL. How do I know when I will get the stuff I ordered from you guys? Will you throw in some stickers? I'm having Mike Czech paint me a sick lid for my TR. Thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Robert.Hull
Banned

mmelick do you order from headrush hobbies???
if you did what stickers would you like
Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
ShawnM
My Feedback: (6)

I've been looking at this truck as my first venture into Trucks....I've been doing airplanes for 10yrs.

Could one of you tell me if this RTR comes with a radio or not. It doesn't look like it to me. Or would you suggest that I look at something else that may be better for me. What?

I really like the truggy's better than anything else. Sorry if I hijacked the thread, just wondering if this might be a good first truck or not.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:27 AM
DahlELama

RTR = Ready to Run... so yes it has a radio. All you need is batteries and fuel to get it rippin!

I think it would be a great first truck as it is built tough.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:25 PM
ShawnM
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks. I looked at descriptions on CEN's site and eslwhere and they don't say exactly what it comes with....no mention of a radio.

You just made up my mind for me
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
jimf333

you also need a glow igniter a receiver battery pack "hump pack" is what i used but idont think a flat pack will work and cut a hole in the windshield
Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
jimf333

also it comes with a skyion dsx am proportional radio which uses crystals so get a spectrum if you plan on taking it to the track