Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

new ttr st1 pro and lrp 28?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

new ttr st1 pro and lrp 28?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
ringneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ttr st1 pro and lrp 28?

well havent posted here for awhile but anyway i have in the mail a new ttr st1 pro kit probley be here next week and im in the market for a .28 and was wondering if anybody has ran the lrp spec3 .28 in their truck? i heard they are just a rebadged sh mill, and im not really familier with that mill either, all i usualy run is nova rossi mills but the rossi .28 is to much of a beast LOL!!! (had one in my crt) so does anybody have some usefull info for me? thanks!!![8D]
Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
jaywax

Default RE: new ttr st1 pro and lrp 28?

The TTR ST-1 is very light. I would go with a good .21 engine. I recommend the STS .21T. ($180). If you must get a .28, then I recommend the STS .28 or Axial .28. (both under $120) I am running the TTR Pro .28 in mine now. It is a good engine. I have about a gallon through it. It is starting to open up a little. The ST-1 is rock solid. I have raced it competively for four races and have not broke a single part. The only problem I have had was with a throttle servo going out. You will enjoy the truck.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
ringneck

i was kinda wondering if a .28 would over power the st1 i have a good rossi .21 p5x hot mod out of my s3 and was gonna try it but was just gonna try something different. do you have the rtr st1? i almost bought thr rtr and was gonna strip and upgrade it with all the pro parts but ended up finding a pro kit so im buying it instead, it will be alot cheaper that way. the pro kit is really hard to find in the U.S. right now i had to order mine from canada. gotit for 473.96 plus 25.00 shipping in U.S. dollers.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
jaywax

I have the RTR with the upgrades. The aluminum front/rear braces, upper brace, steering ackerman, 17mm half offset wheels, servos, and ttr 3 chamber low end pipe. The only difference with mine and the kit is the carbon fiber. TTR hop ups are much cheaper than other brands. I am not the biggest fan of carbon fiber. It snaps instead of bends. That p5 will be more than enough power. We have a guy at our track who smoking everybody with a STS .21 Econo 3 port with Dadders modify for $150 in his CRT. The ST-1 is actually lighter than my FRE Matrix buggy I used to run. You will definetly like this truck.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Wow, it's that light? That's crazy!!

My MBX5T is pretty light too, but I haven't weighed it yet
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
ringneck

man i looove carbon fiber shock towers i ran carbon towers on my s3 and never broke them and it did take alot of tumbles. and ya i know its a light truck i drove a rtr that was alittle hoped up and just had to have one but decided to wait for the pro kit. the only ttr hop ups i orderd for it was the red engine mounts and steering rack so i can do the saxton steering mod to it and lightend pillow balls and ttr heat sink brakes. im pretty pumped about getting it and getting it to the track. i also read thatyou can use rear shock bodies on the front with the front shock shafts in them and gain more travel i might give that a try to. thanks for youre input guys!!!!![8D] oh also if you are looking for another body that has a perfect fit to the st1 try the pro line crowd pleaser for the mugen MSR conversion truggy this is a PERFECT fit for the st1 my buddies st1 has it and its awsome the body hole are perfect. and it really looks cool i hate the stock body[:'(]