Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RB airfilters???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
ftball23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB airfilters???

Is anyone using these?
http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog...bb09dba4b78c6e

Do they work good, and also I can't find filter replacements, can you just clean these ones out or what??

Please give me your thoughts, or experience
Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB airfilters???

ORIGINAL: ftball23

Is anyone using these?
http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog...bb09dba4b78c6e

Do they work good, and also I can't find filter replacements, can you just clean these ones out or what??

Please give me your thoughts, or experience
Thanks

I wouldnt use one of those if you plan on running offroad. There was a review in XRC about a K&N paper filter and they said it was good, but I would personally stick to an oiled foam element filter for off road use, they have been proven to work and thats what probably 99.9% of the off road hobby world uses. Also, RB innovations parts are more for show than anything, they do make some very nice looking parts, but they lack function. And from what I've read in another thread, there are numerous complaints against them on the better business bureau's website. If I was building something I planned on putting on a shelf and looking at, I would consider using their stuff, but for real world use, no thanks.

Here you should find a good selection of foam filters and oils ETC.... http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_23_34

I used to run the RB (RB concepts not RB innovations) filters and filter cage, there is also the power save filters that are good and they come in bulk. I normally have at least 24 filters on hand for one specific car, or at least I try to, and I change them a lot, like every other tank or os, but if its really dusty sometimes every tank. Theres no reason not to, they are cheap and easy to change in and out. And once you have a bunch of dirty ones, I usually throw them in the washing machine with a little dish soap and some simple green and put it on the lowest water setting along with my dirty rags and even throw them in the dryer when they are done there. I use them and wash them until they show any kind of wear, once you see any wear get rid of them because they will fail you and destroy your engine.