Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here

Hi all, Just bought a Hellfire RTR and im going to try my luck at some gas indoor racing at indyrc in Dallas.
My questions are, do these kits come with frequency crystals? I dont want to show up at the track like the newbie I am and cause someone else to wreck.
Also, I purschased some HPI nubz tires and a buggy style wing. Ive read that the steering servo sux and usually breaks in the first 10 tanks of gas. Is the hitech the way to go?
Should I change the exhaust or head for better performance? Im not sure of the truggy class rules.
Ive also been looking at a fully adjustable suspension systems, can anyone recommend a site that sells the type of suspension I need?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Default RE: newbie here

Layzie,
Your truck came with a frequency, usally the 27mhz range. There should be a number on the radio of 1-6, should be on the outside of the box to. This is your ferquecy, you would have to buy different crystals to change. I am not familar with the hellfire, but here it is pretty good out of the box. Run it first and see what you think. If you have problems or questions ask around at the track for help, there is always someone willing to help.
Servo: I like the hitecs and that is what I use, but I think that HPI uses Futaba based radios and a Futaba servo should be a direct replacement, someone correct me if I am incorrect. I really like the Futaba 3305 servo for a cheap Hi-torque metal gear ball bearing servo around 35 dollars.
Hope this helps and have fun!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Default RE: newbie here

Basically you arent allowed to just turn your reciever on. There will be a special time you can do this. Turn up and talk to an official or someone like that and tell them you are new, they should be happy to sort you out...