Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Newb looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 AM
JerseyGTI37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb looking for advice

Im not sure if a truggy is what I want but I was hoping you guys could give me some advice. Im looking for an rc mainly for bashing but I want something that also has race potential. My friends all have MT's so it would be nice to have somthing as capeable as them (esavage, stampede) but also something that is faster and can be raced if I ever decide to go that route. Is there one that fits my needs or should I just get a Savage X or something big like that. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I dont really know the first thing about these.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:13 AM
ssj2

Default RE: Newb looking for advice

If you are looking for a truggy, indeed, the Jammin X1-CRT would be the way to go. As far as poking around other threads in this very forum, the X1-CRT seems like the truck that can take a beating, but still have good racing potential. There's two versions of it, the kit and the RTR one.
The kit: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLLE7&P=ML
The RTR version: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLUJ0&P=ML
The Savage X will limit you to racing capabilities because it is an MT. It's known for bashing, so I figured the X1-CRT could serve as that "friendly midpoint" if you will.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 PM
chrobar

the revo would be good for you, it's recognized as an MT, but I sort of think of it as a racing truck. It's faster than the savages and handles better too. But the CRT would out handle them all by a trillion miles!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 01:13 PM
JerseyGTI37

How would the crt do on bigger jumps and stuff?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:22 PM
crazy for rc

they do fine i have seen vids of bons stock ones doing nuts jumps and you wont halft to worry about you trnny gears geting mest up like the sevage you will wont to keep a eYe on them
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 AM
ssj2

For vids of CRT's, I would just search Google Video, YouTube, rcpics.net, RCU Video Forums, etc. You'll find something in those places for sure.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 AM
freeicc

I had same deal my friends have MT's. I wanted something more race friendly. I got the CEN MATRIX TR. The MT seem to be better for front yard bashing, half street , half nieghbors yard ! But my ride is way better on track . As far as duribilty Mt's might be a little better for bashing . As for me have done as much damage on both "driver error".
ICC
Old 03-19-2007, 08:27 PM
JerseyGTI37

thanks for all the responses. I actually went to my lhs and they had a used CRT with all kinds of upgrades for $310 so I jumped on it.