Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

AXE-ROSSI-21-MAMBA

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:01 PM
RcRacer37E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXE-ROSSI-21-MAMBA

Thinking of this engine in my mbx5t, hot mod ofcourse. Any pluses or minuses on this mill? Seems my ninja hot mod is on back order, so I figured tis might be worth a shot.
Its claimed 3.67 hp, I know, its just ink on paper and thats how I take it, but thats some kinda grunt.
Anyhow, pros and cons. Standard plug, cheaper than turbo plugs .
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Bhouse3000

Default RE: AXE-ROSSI-21-MAMBA

if you wana make something that not many people have, you can convert it to electric. make it a lot lighter, and yeah, insanely nice.

tips would be to get a mamba max 5700kv, and get 14.4v in lipos, and basically, have insane tourqe, accel, n' top speed, and something no1 els has
thats only if u wana go extreme, lol
Old 04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
scottfish0

I run the Axe Rossi Mamba in my st1 & love it. Heaps grunt. Raced it against other truggies with lrp28 spec 3 truggy & rb928 and had no problems sticking with them. Better fuel economy by far. Mine is the std 2.94hp the moded one sounds like it would be insane.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:32 AM
RcRacer37E

electric conversion would be cool, but nitro is the way to go. [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_31/products_id/10094]This link should[/link] take you to a mains page with the engine. Its the non modded version, Im looking at the hot mod version.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
ncrevoracer

i would love to know what jim hotts does to these mambas??

Any chance of you posting any pics of the crank and sleeve? I just got done cutting a bit on my mamba, and i am hoping to be able to get a little more out of it.

I was just shown how fast some race .21s can actually go!!! my buddy has a ws73 that he modded VERY much, very into modding, has a timing wheeel and all that...
well, this ****ing ws7 was KILLING everything on the track, BY A LOT! im talking like, this thing wooped up on radical 621t, ninja .21, my mamba, another less modded ws7, and many sts motors..

***..that thing was HAULING ASS!!
and heres the kicker...HE PULLED US ALL UP AND DOWN THE TRACK WITH A 16t CB!!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Haulin bass

Jim mostly blueprints engines but also puts a hardcoating on cranks, he does some small cuts in the sleeve to aid intake port efficancy.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
RcRacer37E

I just got back from dcrc pro series race and this mamba is wicked fast. I'll see what I can do about poping the head and sleeve and snap a few pics before friday. I got every bit of 8 min run time on a tank of gas, 7 min main and still had fuel in the tank, enough to turn 2 laps easy and perhaps 3 at 25 sec a lap.
I was out running alot of other engine then lost the pin in the rear wheel cvd shaft so my finish doesnt show justice on how strong the engine is. I did bump on the main I was running with only front wheel drive, third place on back couldnt catch me and I didnt have parts to fix the truggy so that was the end of the day.
Check back for pictures (need to find the camera).
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Raycer X

The mamba alone stock is powerful enough to haul a mugen truggy being that it is frikkin light as a feather! I have yet to hear someone say anything bad bout them. The Hot Mod version would just be overkill, but then again some people are attracted to it like moths to a flame.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
RcRacer37E

I found these [link=http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/Ashalak/Rossi%20Mamba/?start=all]stock mamba pictures[/link]. Figured I would post those and then once I find the camera I'll post the ported sleeve. If I dont post it now I'll never find it again...lol
Old 05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
gino69

any suggestions about pipe for mamba?
i bought one and im thinking which one works good on it
Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Ashalak

We've had excellent results with the Jammin JP-3 pipe on the Mamba, I myself use the JP-1 on mine which gives great bottom end, but I do feel as if it throttles the mid-range quite abit so I was looking to switch to the JP-3 myself which I have been informed works very well.

All the engine pictures above where taken by myself and I think that it really does capture the quality of this engine, which for the money cannot be beaten on performance, reliability or indeed tuning. If anyone has any further questions on the Mamba, as working for the UK importer for Rossi engines I'd only be more than happy to help.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:27 PM
gino69

you said that you work for rossi in uk ...
i need another one mamba for my bro..have you got any site to buy online for uk?im from cyprus and i prefer buying from e.u
tnx
Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM
RcRacer37E

Hope I didnt steal your thunder by linking the pics, credit is given to you on those great shot and keeping me from taken mine apart.
By chance would you know the stock carb settings?
Im running a jp-1 pipe as well and think the jp-3 will be better suited for it. I hope to have it in on thursday just in time for fridays race.

ORIGINAL: Ashalak

We've had excellent results with the Jammin JP-3 pipe on the Mamba, I myself use the JP-1 on mine which gives great bottom end, but I do feel as if it throttles the mid-range quite abit so I was looking to switch to the JP-3 myself which I have been informed works very well.

All the engine pictures above where taken by myself and I think that it really does capture the quality of this engine, which for the money cannot be beaten on performance, reliability or indeed tuning. If anyone has any further questions on the Mamba, as working for the UK importer for Rossi engines I'd only be more than happy to help.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Ashalak

Thats no problem at all on the pictures, so long as other people are able to see how good these engines are I'm find about how they are used. My carb is set at 3 1/2 turns from closed on the high, and the low end is set flush with the throttle arm. You may want to set the high speed at 3 3/4 or even 4 turns to begin with, mines pretty much tuned although with you living on another continent the settings will vary anyway so better being safe than sorry.

gino69: We do indeed have a website, the website of our shop is http://www.boltonmodelmart.co.uk and international orders are always welcome, although as I am sure you can appreciate the free delivery on items does not include international parcels. I deal with alot of people throughout the world including Europe so don't feel as if dealing with us will be difficult .
Old 05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
RcRacer37E

I think I asked oyu that carb question once before. Im close to that so factory must be abput 1 turn more on each needle.
Did I mention I get 10 plus minutes of run time on a tank of fuel. I also found out that the McCoy plugs dont work very well on this engine. Its more the brass ring on the plug thats the issue. It doesnt seat well at all.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Ashalak

The stock settings on all of our engines vary depending on how the carbs are flow tested and pre-adjusted in Italy, anywhere from 3 turns on the high right up to 4 turns, the low speed is always set flush with the throttle arm. We've had excellent results with the Rossi R6 plugs and they seem to work great with any setup, although they are available in varying heat ranges too. I've also had good resutls with the RB/Novarossi C6G which seems to work great in just about any and every engine.