Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Jammin at the races

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Chopped02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin at the races

I took the Jammin CRT to the races yesterday at Thunder RC in Elkhorn Wi. They ran an enduro race with 3, 5 minute qualifyers and an hour long main. That was a blast! I qualified 11th and and took first in the B main. The only mechanical problem we had was a blown rear diff in my sons Ultra LX 1 buggy. The guys and gals at Thunder RC are some of the nicest people I have met at a race track. They had a pig roast for anyone wanting to stick around after the race to eat and shoot the bull. It was cool to see so many little kids running their cars and having a good time out there. There were no obnoxious idiots out there yelling and swearing at the top of their lungs because they weren't marshalled quick enough. After all, isn't this supposed to be fun? Anyone in the Southern Wi and Northern Illinois area, check it out.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM
warriorking

Default RE: Jammin at the races

I love to hear things like this, getting the kids involve. Everyone having fun and helping each other out.
This is how its supposed to be glad to hear fun was had by all.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM
coololdude

I wish we had a track out here like that...at are tracks if your not part of the in crowd and a snob they won't even give you the time of day[:@]...and boy if they have to go out and turn marshall they only turn there buddys cars ,truggys over and let yours either get hit or run out of fuel.[>:]....that's not any fun.....that happen to me and a buddy the other night....my buddy has a very competitive truggy and literally ran over one of them peoples slower buggies and the guy was trying to start up some crap with his buddies and my buddy and I ...."L"....thats why I like to do alot of bashing...to bad those guys just can't come to a track and have fun....sorry just venting..[&o]..I'm very envious [&:]
Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
warriorking

Wow that sucks.[X(] You need to move further east

We have a track (not too big but good size) and you could never meet a more humble set of guys. We help each other out with parts if you broke something
glow plugs and other parts if we have extras. If you come to the track and you are having problems everyone is eager to help.
We race and have fun jive and mouth off on each other pure RC fun. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are you guys running, gun hill? if so how is it there, i have never been there but heard its a little run down and needs alot fo work.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
warriorking

Yeah ehroof......

It is some what run down cause technically its a city park but they let us use it. Also when it rains it gets a bit swampy.
Now the parks dept looks like they gonna be doing some kind of work there so they run on part of the track.
But its all good we still do our thing every weekend.

[link=http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/bugalou_album/?action=view&current=GunhillTrack2.flv]Battle of the truggy and the buggy[/link]
Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where do you fly? I see you have a trainer, i may have to come out one weekend, whats the address or whats it near?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 PM
warriorking

Its at gun hill road right next to the Bronx river parkway. If you take 95 north and exit gunhill drive all the way over to olinville ave make a right.

I haven't done any flying for some time cause I'm really busy.