Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Servo Twitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Twitching

Hey everyone i just bought a Kyosho STR truggy and im using an ACE 1313 for the Throttle/Brake servo and im using an ACE 1015 for the steering when i have it all turned on the servos just sit there twitching continuously really bad like you wouldnt be able to drive the truggy with it like that. I was wandering if it would be my reciever because im using an RS300 reciever from a JR XS3 radio the bloke who had it before me was using a spektrum and he said he had no problems with it so thats my guess. So whats everybodys thoughts cheers.

Damon
Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Default RE: Servo Twitching

Well I'm no expert but it happen to me like three months ago, the same problem but I was usin a Hitec radio with a Futaba receiver.
I just bought a futaba radio and problem solved.Maybe it not suppose to have trobleshooting like they say ,but you know how things are!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM

how old is the radio system? if it is preety old then probably your reciver or your crystal is bad I had the problem with my hitec system I checked to see if it was the crystals but it still did it but now I am running spektrum been problem free ever since
Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 AM

It's Parkinson's servo-disease.

Seriously, it can be caused by a number of things.

1) bad electonics combo/incompatible electronics. Some require you to swith the red and white wires on the servo (or esc)

2) radio interference. Do you live near a Ham radio operator or broadcast station?

3) cell phone interference. Nextel's the worst. Leave your phone in the house.

4) electronic/magnetic interference. Are there large powerlines near your play-zone?

5) prankster neighbor. Is someone else on your channel nearby?

6) Is your radio on? Are the batteries good? Is your receiver pack charged?

7) receiver antenna wire. Is the receiver wire in good shape and intact? It HAS to be the factory part (lenghth, diameter, gauge, material)

8) Is your receiver and antenna near any servos, metal moving parts, ESC, or motors? Are all metal-to-metal parts on your car secure? (place shrink tube over the brake rod where it fits in the lever loop to elimate interference)

One simple solution is to get Novak's "glitch buster" capacitor. It helps.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 PM

Ok thanks guys im gunna try putting my mates spektrum in it and see if it stops it so fingers crossed because the JR im using may have a faulty reciever. If anybody else has an idea whats going on please let me know asap because ive got a big race meeting on soon and i need to get some practice in cheers.

Damon
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 AM

I have a brand new futaba 3pks that started doing that with the th servo the second week i owned it, & i sent it back to futaba, the said the fixed the problem and sent it back to me with no explenation. so it worked fine for the last two months then it started doint it again really bad. so i am pissed off i did not pay $350 for a radio to act like a piece of crap, but it is back at futaba right now & they are going to replace it. it is not common for a 3pks to act up like that but sometimes they do. but it is not your servo's man it is in your TX.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 AM

Hey AKasasin do you think i can adjust this from my radio