Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

the best bashing truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:18 PM
sava001006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best bashing truggy

i want to get a truggy but i want one that you can get spares for easily tune up easily and fast... and also cheapish.. 'o nearly for got the most important thing a good basher
Old 07-13-2007, 01:49 PM
lazyboy12300

Default RE: the best bashing truggy

It really depends on what your local hobby store has in stock as to spares. IMO the CEN Matrix TR is a good bashing truggy but I have also heard good things about the TTR ST-1.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 PM
daytimeninja

I heard the mantis is good. About 500$ for everything and it's a RTR with strong parts.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
warriorking

ORIGINAL: sava001006

i want to get a truggy but i want one that you can get spares for easily tune up easily and fast... and also cheapish.. 'o nearly for got the most important thing a good basher

Like how much cheapish.......................
Old 07-13-2007, 05:52 PM
JeffyB

I have a cen matrix tr arena and its great built well and parts are easy to get hold of from tqmodels, they break up fre kits and sell the bits cheaper than spares. I bash mine pretty hard at my local track and at the park and its took the beating well, other than that i'd go for a hong nor x1crt, again another great basher with loads of parts readily available,
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
fat1

all the ones mentioned haul *****, they'll run even better once you have to replace the engine.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:35 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get a brand new Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro kit for $280 or so on American e-bay.

It's not so "cool" anymore compared to all the hyped-up new truggies, but it's supposed to be very, very tough. HB makes good, solid stuff. The main reason truggy people don't like it I think is that it's too heavy and doesn't have all the set-up options of some of the new stuff - but for bashing I would imagine it's perfect..

I've asked this same question before, and often hear about the LSP. Plus, for that price, for what you get - a whole pro kit with alu this and alu that,etc... - well, for a bashing truggy IMO you can't go wrong. That's like HALF the price of other pro kits... (so you could just buy two and be sorted for parts... Ha ha.. But seriously, there are lots of old Lightning Stadiums out there collecting dust, so parts should be findable..)

If it has to be RTR though, then from what I hear I would go with the Thunder Tiger ST-1. Price/performance ration - especially for Europe - is the best...

In general, I think the whole truggy scene is SSOOO full of hype, that everybody seems to think that "newer is better" and feels they have to run out and get the newest baddest thing(then they sell it a month later when the newer badder thing comes out..), which in some special racing-oriented cases may be relevant.., but for bashing most of it is totally irrelevant I think..

And then there's just price. Which would you rather take to a gravel pit and launch of a 20-foot hill - a $500 LSP(with engine, etc..), or a $800+ race-tuned Muggen Prospec or CRT or X-ray or 8T or whatever?? And the LSP would still probably be the toughest...
Old 07-14-2007, 01:54 AM
CrazyMento

The Matrix TR Arena is the best performance buggy for around $450. You will not find anything else better for that price. it is a lot easier to drive and handle compare to others. Digital radio, metal gear servo, Sh 28 engine, no other RTR can match that besdies the $600+ Losi.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
JSRacer

Never had a LSP but my Mugen X5T is tough as nails.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh it should be it's 3 times the price.

The best bashing truggy is still simply going to be the best one you can afford. If you're on a budget, the TTR truggy is good value as someone mentioned above, it has a great SH .28 engine. LSP is a bit short on options. If you can afford it, try to head toward the competition cars, as they are actually better value for money, even though they have a higher initial investment.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:30 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my ofna mutilator, its really a good truggy, havent broken anything yet, i heard the front steering knuckles are not so great but so far so good. heres a few pictures and a link to a movie with some jumping.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5FWnZ9gCc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35627.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	722605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95652.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	722606  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have quite a few Truggies.....

first and foremost the LSP is not that tough, especialy the RTR, the RTR LSP is very fragile to be honest...... I strongly recomend staying away from the LSP...seriously its weak... the drivetrain is weak, the control arms are weak, the shock ends are weak, the diff cups are weak and the list goes on and on, by the time you hopup the truggy to be durable you have already spent enough to buy a jammin Crt Pro

I have also a CRT Pro, a MBX5T and a CEN Matrix TR.......

Jammin CRT hands down the toughest truggy you can buy... serisoulsy comparing a LSP to a CRT for durability is a joke, a CRT is a bullet proof tank, the LSP is a bloody kids toy..........

I am sorry to cut down the LSP, but we run a LSP RTR every weekend and its the biggest peice of junk on the track...Hotbodies does not make high end products.... Mugen, Jammin,X-Ray make high end products, the LSP RTR is akin to a Warhead when it comes to durability...

I am giving this info off first hand experience with these truggies, not speculation based off internet bull****...I can provide video aof each of these machines. as i own all of them....

Anyone looking for a bashing fun Truggy that wont take a pile of work, get a Jammin CRT Pro...its by far the toughest best built truggy around......
Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
HerrSavage

Well I have some experience with Hot Bodies stuff, and it's hardly Warhead caliber.. I can't speak for the RTR LSP, but I've heard of racer guys over hear "upgrading" the diffs out of their Mantis to LSP diffs, etc.. And the plastic quality is top notch.. - better than what HPI is currently producing for ex.. I don't doubt the Mugen is tough, but the dude was right, it should be, cuz it costs three times as much.. Same with the CRT..
Old 07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
unluckylonestar

whats no body think the muggy is a good basher ive got one and have never looked at a another truggy or mt again. only broke a shock which was totally my fualt but ive the beat the crap out of it and keeps on kicking and for the motor ive got almost two gallons though it and havent touched any of the needles but only maybe once muggy one he** of a basher
Old 07-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Foxy

Cos it's a hybrid, it's not a 'real' truggy. It's not welcome in any class except open truck. I'm sure it's a great basher, but the two servo thing REALLY puts me off. I'd rather have a Savage for bashing, or a real truggy for racing.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM
HerrSavage

I recently picked up a Muggy too, precisely cuz I thought it was the answer to this question...

Old 07-14-2007, 05:41 PM
traxxasracer_4

a mammoth st is great, reliable, easy starting, and a steal at only about $350. but you really can only get parts through global hobby (hobbypeople.net)
Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 PM
plod38

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Cos it's a hybrid, it's not a 'real' truggy. It's not welcome in any class except open truck. I'm sure it's a great basher, but the two servo thing REALLY puts me off. I'd rather have a Savage for bashing, or a real truggy for racing.
I race my muggy regularly in with the rest of the truggies in england.
No one has a problem with me running with them. I've got a certificate on my wall for 3rd place in "A" final at BNRC for last sunday, and a trophy for 3rd in "C" final for J28 round of the emnorc series a few weeks back and that was against 50 other competitors in my class.

Anyway a truggy is a 4wd vehicle with a centre diff on a flat pan chassis. Just, the muggy is a little bigger than most
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Foxy

Fair enough, I never said you couldn't do well with them, but a truggy purist would have some issues with the design of it. Congrats anyway, I really didn't realise it was that competitive. The kind of in-betweenness of it puts me off, ya know?