Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD-

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

Is this a problem with the GO motors? A friend just got a .21 and it had a lot of flame outs in the last few race..We were thinking that some new motors seem to do this and as soon as their "seasoned" the flame outs stop..
JBlazes' motor is not a new one. Mine have usually been ok. I think it one is running too lean it will do that. I might be wrong so don't hold me to that. I thought I read somewhere about flameouts and that was mentioned, cannot find where though.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM
cobra26

Any engine running in the "slightly-too-lean" mode will be susceptible to flame outs, and if the piston/sleeve fit is very tight, even more so when running lean. Tuning is a balance and a fine art that only comes with lots of experience.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:25 PM
j_blaze

the problem was my pit guy was doing double duty and the other driver and i both had byron's, his 25% mine 30%, no one knew till it was all over. the motor was about 4 hours rich and the idle was low. it was 50c in the morning then it was 75-80c for the mains, may have had something to do with it too. the motor has never had any issues, i was too busy playing with my new buggy to tune the motor. thats fine, my worst lap in qualifying was better then the anybody elses best that day.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Oasis TR

I run Novarossi and RB motors..I dont have flame out problems..but then again I'm use to tuning my motors and I tend to run a bit on the rich side anyways..I do agree on the tuning..I have been running nitros off and on for about 16 years now..i have learned from my past mistakes..Great thing about the Internet is their is so much knowledge at your finger tips, when I started no one wanted to help a new guy out..so it was a learning process..
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

the problem was my pit guy was doing double duty and the other driver and i both had byron's, his 25% mine 30%, no one knew till it was all over. the motor was about 4 hours rich and the idle was low. it was 50c in the morning then it was 75-80c for the mains, may have had something to do with it too. the motor has never had any issues, i was too busy playing with my new buggy to tune the motor. thats fine, my worst lap in qualifying was better then the anybody elses best that day.
almost forgot, the fuel filter came off the holder and got the fuel line chewed up in the spur, so it wouldn't fire that last time...
Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 PM
j_blaze

found cause for flameouts, front clutchbell bearing blew up. it spins smooth for a second with some clicking then clicks to a stop. took it off and it fell apart. thought a set could go 2 weekends, nope.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
vnmsgt

75-80c?? Where do you live, In Europe?! I think you forgot we do Farenhiet here in the US! LOL!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:35 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

75-80c?? Where do you live, In Europe?! I think you forgot we do Farenhiet here in the US! LOL!
no, thats right. it was really hot this weekend here on the sun. no wonder my motor never goes over 220c
Old 11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
DS

Does anyone use the go tech 3 port race spec in thier truggy, how do they like it?? I know t doesnt have alot of bottom, so i would use a 007 high torque pipe
Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 AM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: st1_racer

I know t doesnt have alot of bottom,

??? it has a beastly bottom, beastly mid and good top, i run a jp-4. its a great truggy motor with no issues.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
vnmsgt

Well guys I finally took a dremel to my steering knuckles. I was happy with the way my K8T turned but saw everyone else locally who run the K8T's and Mugens grind there knuckles and say how much better it turns so I decided to give it a try. It worked very well I must say. The car felt like it wanted to rotate more in the turns on power than before. Guess that little bit extra steering does help out. Very easy mod to do.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
aric38

hey vnmsgt the k8t looks interesting you got a web site where i can get more info
Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 AM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Yes he does, it's HoleshotHobbies.com. You can also go to CasterRacingUSA.com. Caster forum is always pretty active with plenty of people that have the K8T.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
j_blaze

it looks a lot better without the stock wheels
Old 12-05-2008, 08:44 PM
aric38

It might be a dumb question other than the engine and electronics what is the diff between the rtr and the kit
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: aric38

It might be a dumb question other than the engine and electronics what is the diff between the rtr and the kit
The differences are the Kit has all 7075 CNC aluminum and the RTR has 6061 CNC aluminum which is still extremely good. Also the KIT has all aluminum toe blocks and aluminum chassis braces. The RTR has plastic toe blocks and plastic chassis braces (which most kits come with anyways). KIT has all CVD axles and driveshafts. The RTR has front CVD axles and the rest are all dogbones. KIT comes with 16mm big bore shocks. RTR comes with 13mm hard coated aluminum shocks (same as on Mugen MBX5T KIT). That is about it.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
aric38

thanks for the info I drive a RC8T now and was looking for a basher but the more I learn about this truggy I may want to try to race it too I know most of my questions probably have been answerd on one of 24 pages of this tread but i don't have a lot of time to search so thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: aric38

thanks for the info I drive a RC8T now and was looking for a basher but the more I learn about this truggy I may want to try to race it too I know most of my questions probably have been answerd on one of 24 pages of this tread but i don't have a lot of time to search so thanks
Whatever you need, just ask. This truggy is very capable of competing with a RC8T. I run with them no problem at all. I tell you though the stock tires that come with the K8T are perfect for bashing LOL.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well vnmsgt, Ive read most of the thread and became very fond of the truggy. Ive also been to you're website and the thing looks amazing.

Just one question what oil are you running (shocks, diffs)

Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER

Well vnmsgt, Ive read most of the thread and became very fond of the truggy. Ive also been to you're website and the thing looks amazing.

Just one question what oil are you running (shocks, diffs)

Diffs = 5-5-2
shocks = 60wt front, 45wt rear with 1.3mm pistons.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 PM
j_blaze

or you can go with a faster k8t drivers setup and run 10/10/10 with 80 front and 70 rear with 1.4 pistons and blue springs, about 1 second faster than vnmsgt

try casterracingusa.com forums, theres other setups in there. here in fl we run on looser tracks with hard packed underneath, you start off with a blown off track and descent traction but soon are driving on dusty concrete.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Oasis TR

or you can go with a faster k8t drivers setup and run 10/10/10 with 80 front and 70 rear with 1.4 pistons and blue springs, about 1 second faster than vnmsgt

OH SNAP..[X(]
Old 12-19-2008, 07:39 AM
vnmsgt

try casterracingusa.com forums, theres other setups in there. here in fl we run on looser tracks with hard packed underneath, you start off with a blown off track and descent traction but soon are driving on dusty concrete.
Or I could have not run with a OLD SH.28 with about 10 gallons on it that has been pinched and a OLD 2 piece cheap pipe (both ran to blow off the cobwebs in them) and run a Grenade instead and probably made up another 3 seconds a lap LMAO! I think you forgot I beat you the last race we I went to LOL! So we are 1-1
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
spudly123

what aftermarket bodies do people use?
cheers
Old 12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: spudly123

what aftermarket bodies do people use?
cheers
Most people are using the Mugen bodies which fit good. The mounting holes are in different spots, but that is all. I use the JConcepts Mugen MBX5T bodies now and like them alot. I do know the stock one fits too, the Jammin X1-CRT fits, Symbio body fits but is too thin for me, does not last long. I think JConcepts one is the best fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.