Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hate LHS? Post it here!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hate LHS? Post it here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Farfa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate LHS? Post it here!!!!!

i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i need a spark and they are all closed!!!!!!!!!!! and they should be open ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr

i have 2 weeks without starting my truggy (exams) and now they are all closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is crazy
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
madmax22

Default RE: Hate LHS? Post it here!!!!!

i dont HATE mine but they always try to sell me an 8T. Old people own it but let me take my micro-t on their indoor carpet track.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
DiFabio42
My Feedback: (10)

I know. They either don't have the right part or don't have it in stock.

I am starting to order off line now.(A Main Hobbies)
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Townsley

my lhs is old. its been around since the slot car things. i cant find ANYTHING for a newer buggy. all they have is pretty much old used stuff. i aask if they have a part and they give me a huge tub of used/new parts to look through then they estimate a rediculous price. they are definatly not organized. the only thing they r god for is thei airplane supplies. they dont even carry the good fuel. they say they can order the part for me...but why would i do that when i could do it myself?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:15 AM
spikeman

My local hobby store knows nothing about rc. I teach them stuff! they said theres no such thing as 23mm truggy wheels.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM
madmax22

lol yea there is.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My LHS is worse than your LHS..

TRUST ME.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
qaiz

There arent enough pages in the world to take what I have coming.

Let me calm down, I just got back from the track, and not in an extremely pleased mood at the moment.

In the meanwhile, make yourselves a cup of tea, I have A LOT to say...
Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 AM
madmax22

LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Checkpointracer

Mine isn't bad.

Gaiz: let yourself explode.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:58 AM
madmax22

Its qaiz with a "q"
Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
qaiz

Thanks madmaxx.

Firstly, I apologize for the spelling mistakes in the following post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys think you have LHS PROBLEMS.! Id gladly take those anyday.

!!!

Over here, I have to fight with the idiot to get an damn glow plug.!

Yesterday, I walk into Hobby Center in the mall, and I tell the idiot on the counter who couldnt care less weather I was there to buy something or rob the friking store, I want 2 strips of os 8's... He says yes, looks around, grunts like a fag for a bit, and then tells me that he only has 1 strip, I say alright, I only need it for tomorrow, gimme the entire strip.

He says NO, yes the fing idiot refused to sell me a strip of glow pligs.! The reason being " thats all I have " . Do I give a ***k on what you have.!? Im paying you, its not like im asking you to give it to me for free, but noooo, theres a stick too far up his axx.!! I told him gimme 6 then, there are 8 in a strip, and it was near closing time anyway, I highly doubt someone would walk in at 11:40 in the night and ask for glow plugs.!

Jackaxx said NO>!>?!?!

I ended up screaming at the idiot, and walking outta the store with 5.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another incident when I was buying stuff for my Nitrage.

Same store, but the main branch.

Alright, I walk in, I needed a few parts. And I needed it fixed up QUICK ( yes I know what your gonna say, save it )

So he said alright, guy gets out the parts, sells me more shxx I didnt need, and takes my car to the workshop, alright I wait patientely.

30 mins go by, and he coms back down, all ready, I start it up, the frikin jackaxx re-tuned my engine to run at 350F.!?!?!?!

I was about ready to smack the guy, I had the perfect tune on that damn car, and this smartaxx goes and screws it.!!

Alright no biggee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a few weeks ago.

With my Hyper ST.

I walk into a HS, and tell them I need a few parts.....

I wait, wait, wait, walk back to the service area, the nut is on a coffee break.!!! What the Hell,!! The parts I wanted cost around $400 in total, and the idiot couldnt be bothered.!>!?!

I honestely picked up my Hyper, walked outta the store, and told someone else who was in the store to leave as the salesman was too busy to serve us.

This is by far the worst HS in the world.

I directed a new comer to the hobby to buy from there as they do offer some discount, and do good work.

He picked up a revo, alright the kids like 7 - 8, he dosent need a racer.

I asked him did he break in his engine, answer was no. How'd they do it.?

They let it sit for 10 tanks.!?!?! And then did 2 tanks on a stand at full throttle.!?

WHen the hell did that become the new break in method.!?

Idiots only want business, forget the customers.!

Ive given up with those people!/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have more, but dont have the energy to post it now.!

Sorry for the spelling mistakes.!

* Edit : Language *

Got worked up
Old 03-01-2008, 12:19 PM
qaiz

Oh and parts support.!?

What parts.!?

They dont carry wheels and tyres for trucks, forget parts for any specific vehicle.!

They dont know the differience between diff oil and shock oil.!

" Yes, Yes, its very good quality, its the best, it will work very well " .....
Old 03-01-2008, 12:24 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

My LHS SUCKS. They don't carry any parts for my CRT, and only have parts for shelf queens and crappy bashers. Like the Revo and T-Maxx.

And they're overpriced as crap, $1,800 for a Baja. :|
Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
rcpowerhorse

man that's bad
Old 03-01-2008, 12:30 PM
qaiz

I forgot about the price.!!?!

I paid a bomb for my Hyper roller.! Like 300% of what you guys pay.!

Wanna see the copy of the invoice, PM me.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 PM
madmax22

dude that sucks! My HS is usually a little overpriced with some things but not that bad. like the new SPEED-t from losi they got it in the second i get ther and he puts a price tag on it for $300 when its a $550 truck. lol I alsmot bought it. he always askes if I want to but a 8T and dump that ST-1..... HELL NO!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
gsfreak

I hate mine too! I have to always order my stuff online! The Guy is sooper nice so thats why i go there, but every time i go into the store for something he has to order it from his website and it takes like 2 weeks to get it in!! The sad thing is he sometimed doesnt even have simple stuff like glow plugs, fuel line, FUEL ( i cant believe that), and it really ticks me off!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Coopz

I have 3 near me, 1 caters more for planes, they sell a lot of car parts but mainly the cheap stuff, they are good for fuel and glowplugs and are open 7 days, they are also cheap.
The Other is almost totally devoted to nitro cars, they sponsor my track, have a good range, what they don't have they will order and the guys who work there really know their stuff. Only whine is they are only at open weird hours...
The 3rd is massive shop with a indoor onroad and a offroad track, they sell loads of rc stuff but a few of their employees are useless, 1-2 are really good, the rest just stand there waiting for their shift to end. They are also expensive and have dumb racing rules 'Hobao only racing' on their race days is a major complaint.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Farfa

finally i have start my truggy yesterday! a friend bring me a spark but i still hate my lhs
Old 03-02-2008, 03:16 AM
mx757

I must be pretty lucky around here. I have 2 shops in town that are really good. the one closest to me is the only CEN dealer in the state, so when i pick up my TR arena they will be able to help me out a lot. the guy that runs it is also really cool and when i needed a couple screws for my MT@ he opened up a header pack for me because it had the parts and he didnt have it in stock. of course they are a little more expensive there than online, but ill pay the extra couple bucks if i get all the help i need.
the other decent shop is accrossed town. is ok, but i dont go there too much. they are on the other end of town but the store is a bit bigger and better laid out.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
cluelessk

I got one shop about 20 mins from me they carry a few kits and the essentials like fuel and glow plugs. Theres is another shop that has everything they are really helpful to newbs like me. www.eliminator-rc.com
Old 03-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Mr.Slave

we have 1 shop on the entire island and they are terrible! completely useless just wow.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Oasis TR

I guess I'm lucky on this one..My Local hobby shop is pretty good..When I come in to get parts they let me order my own parts..this way when it's the wrong part..it's my fault..lol..Here's a few of the problems that the LHS have..it's hard to get good help (really), It's almost impossible to stock parts for every brand, (I do agree that they should carry..Glow plugs, tools, batteries, parts that are universal) I do know that when I order stuff from my LHS I can have it in a few days..not a few weeks. Most of the time my LHS will match the price of most on line shops..I just bought a Spektrum DX3R from my LHS for $305..total..that's a better price than I have seen on line. Pretty much I try to do my business locally, I do buy some stuff on line but for the most I try to support my LHS. I have been to some pretty bad shops and I do understand your frustration with them..Gaiz I actually understand the whys on "why" the guy did not wish to sell you all the glow plugs..Think about it, Their is no way you should be able to go through that many glow plugs in one race day..I would rather have one sorta upset customer (who did basically get what they needed) than 4 customers who did not get what they needed to use their RC cars. I do understand your frustration though. I have owned a Hobby Shop and a Race Track so I do know what it's like on the "other side". Sometimes a talk with the owner can help them to see your side of the RC business..
Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
2916jr

ORIGINAL: cluelessk

I got one shop about 20 mins from me they carry a few kits and the essentials like fuel and glow plugs. Theres is another shop that has everything they are really helpful to newbs like me. www.eliminator-rc.com
I seen some pictures of the hobby shop did the owner used to drag race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.