Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

What are good HEX WRENCHES for my truggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What are good HEX WRENCHES for my truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are good HEX WRENCHES for my truggy?

I bought a set of INTEGY wrenches about 10 months ago and they SUCK!! They are rounded out know and do not work good at all. I want a good set that will not round out or strip my screws but do not want to spend over 50.00.

I am talking about the wrench sets to remove and scew in the screws on the truggy, not the wheel nuts.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM
madmax22

Default RE: What are good HEX WRENCHES for my truggy?

what are you crazy buying integy parts?????????? lol. i HATE INTEGY! good question I want to know to! Im using a set that came with a bicycle tool box and once the ends dull i cut the end off and you get a fresh new one. but i want some GOOD ONES!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
ericem

Lots of good wrenches I have the losi wrench and the thunder tiger wrench. With some half offset wheels can't reach though with the thunder tiger wrench. The losi one is good for that.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: ericem

Lots of good wrenches I have the losi wrench and the thunder tiger wrench. With some half offset wheels can't reach though with the thunder tiger wrench. The losi one is good for that.
I think you misunderstood me. I am talking about the wrench sets to remove and scew in the screws on the truggy, not the wheel nuts.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: madmax22

what are you crazy buying integy parts?????????? lol. i HATE INTEGY! good question I want to know to! Im using a set that came with a bicycle tool box and once the ends dull i cut the end off and you get a fresh new one. but i want some GOOD ONES!
I know, I know. I just thought the wrenches might be ok. I knew everyone hated there hop up parts but not the tools. Guess I was wrong![:@] count me in on another Integy hater!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Mr.Slave

hudy

just buy the ones you need 2mm and 2.5 mm
Old 03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Mr.Slave

hudy

just buy the ones you need 2mm and 2.5 mm
Do you have a link of where they are sold at? I know they make some good stuff.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
ericem

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_89_140

Lots of tools!

I heard the thunder tiger ones are good. I want to buy a set next time I order from a-main.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
qaiz

The Team Accossiated ones are great for $47.
Otherwise I have an extra set that I keep, The J concepts set $42. As good as the Hudy ones if not better..

Otherwise Just buy the Hudy ones, best tools ive ever used.

All prices are of www.amainhobbies.com
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Oasis TR

Yes the Integy ones suck..they tear up your hands and they round off to easy, I have a full set of Losi tools also, But in my opinion they are to short and their handles are just to small. I have a few Dynamite hexes, not bad but the handles are too small, I thought the Team Associated were just Thunder Tigers just re badged, I have had a few Xrays and a few sets of Huddy tools..good stuff..but pricey and small handles..I am going to try the Thunder Tiger next..Good price and they look nice..anyone have a set?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
INTEGRA

IF u stripped out the integy's....No wrench will take ur abuse...screw's dont strip wrenches...User's Do.........u can mess them up by Not cleaning out the screw head..or trying to remove a Overly tight loctited screw with Just ur plain old wrench.......drill a hole in the wrench and use another 1 to make it a " T " handle...and make sure ur unscrewing level...if u cock the wrench too much 1 way its gonna round the head NO MATTER WHAT wrench it is....ive seen stripped out Hudy's....stripped out Integy's....the whole playin feild....it all depends on the user...I have Losi's...Mugen's...AND integy's...and IMO the integy's are JUST as good as the hudy's and mugen's....but at 1/2 the cost.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Oasis TR

I did not like the handles on the Integy's. I'm not that rough on my tools but I have had the tips round off a bit in 3 years of use. How are the Mugen tools..They look nice. I liked the way the Ofna set looked but the reviews were not good..
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

I did not like the handles on the Integy's. I'm not that rough on my tools but I have had the tips round off a bit in 3 years of use. How are the Mugen tools..They look nice. I liked the way the Ofna set looked but the reviews were not good..
mugen's are nice...but not having a specific color...really pisses me off...diggin through 20 wrenches to find the right 1...I kno u can put color'd tape n all that jazz to identify them...but w/e...ive used the Integy's since Day 1...and the ONLY tip to snap was my 5/64...and i replaced it with another integy tip and its still alive to this day.....2+ years.....ive NEVER rounded a integy tip......the Ofna wrench with interchangable bits is nice...but they twist with too much load....they dont strip or snap...but arent the greatest...and the handle has a little wire to hold the bits that is kinda ghetto imo...if u arent careful u can bend that wire and the wrench is basically screw'd...I emailed OFNA about it and they kinda blew me off....w/e...i dont use that wrench anyways...all i use them for is my mini electiric drill..seeing as it has the quick bit attachments.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Mike Ro.

Hudy, The BEST Ive ever used Worth every penny. I bought the complete set. large investment. worth it though!!!! See If anybody has them at your track see if they will let you try them out. you wil be convinced
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
INTEGRA

a wrench is a wrench is a wrench...they all do the same job...plain and simple....its the user that boils it down to the Nitty Gritty...with color's and handles...claiming something is the BEST of the Best is pointless...and seeing as there the Most expensive...plays right into there little plan........Integy 7 peice set 50$.......Hudy 8 peice...114$.....Nuff said.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: Mike Ro.

Hudy, The BEST Ive ever used Worth every penny. I bought the complete set. large investment. worth it though!!!! See If anybody has them at your track see if they will let you try them out. you wil be convinced
+2 on that.

Ive been using the complete set, and they're fablous, quite light and comfortable too. Natural Motion or whatever you call it..
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Mike Ro.

Ya Get What you pay for> YUGO=HONDA Yea its all the same i guess
Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
eirk66

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2383

These have worked fine for me
Old 03-05-2008, 12:32 AM
mtbkym01

Got a set of thunder tigers for my LST2, really happy with them, nice and long, and comfortable, will probably get a 2nd set of metrics for my ST-R, to replace the cheap ebay ones i'm using now
Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 AM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

I like the Thunder Tiger ones. Though they broke whenever I tried prying crap with them. :P
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 AM
vnmsgt

Looks like some of you have had the integy tools for awhile and say they work fine. I know how to use tools properly as I am a motorcycle tech and I have a real cheap set of t-handle hex heads I bought about 5 years ago and they are still fine, cannot say the same for my integy ones but maybe I got a bad set. I'll give them another chance and buy the replacement tips and see how it goes, if not I like the HUDY ones but are $$$$, the othe set I like are the EDS ones I have seen too.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM
HighClassBasher

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA
a wrench is a wrench is a wrench...they all do the same job...plain and simple....
What???? I have used a very wide range of tools over the years and Im sorry but this statement is sooooooo far off...
There is a very wide range of tool qualitys out there, and usually price is a good indication of quality. Cheap wrenches "round off tips much easier and strip screw heads easier....It is because they are made from cheaper, poor quality steel.
There is a huge difference between cheap, low quality wrenchs/tools (like Integy), and high-end, expensive, top quality, tools like HUDY!

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA
........Integy 7 peice set 50$.......Hudy 8 peice...114$.....Nuff said.

Exactly.....There is absolutely NO comparison between integy and Hudy.....HUDY tools are far, far, far, SUPERIOR.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
spikeitaudi

These are the ones that I am using and they are great.

[link=http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=76200M&type=store]http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=76200M&type=store[/link]
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
INTEGRA

No comment AiRevo ....think what u want.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 AM
eirk66

"AiRevo"

Obviously there is a difference in quality betwen integy and hudy...... we all understand that but if you really need to ive used just a allen wrench when none other can be found therfore "A wrench is a wrench and they all do the same job"

Matco Vs. Craftsman

Matco much nicer quality but in the end do they both get the job done?? and you guys its a allen set... come on now haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.