Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?

ORIGINAL: MightyMouse75

Are you sponsored by Castor racing?
I only ask because you were one of the first to get one on the forum and talk it up Quite a bit more than anyone talks up any other truggy.. I don't mean to come off as rude, I'm just curious, because if you're sponsored by them, then it'd be like a BMW dealer telling me the BMW is WAYYYY better than the Infiniti.. *it is, but that's besides the point*
I think I'll go BCE for now, I have Hyper 8.5 front and rear diffs, i think those might work with a 50T kyosho.. They're 43T...
I wish I was a sponsored driver!! LOL. No I am not sponsored. Everyone always talks up what they own. I just never say any are the BEST, just my honest opinion on what I have personally driven whether or not the truck is a big name truck or not. I am a person who likes to try different stuff and not what everyone has or says is best. The losi is a great truck, I just go by my experience. If I have not driven something or tried it I will not comment or bash it at all. Just alot of people do not give a company a chance just because THEY have not heard of it. I do not know how many times I have heard "Never heard of it so it must be JUNK". I started the monsoon thread too and that is a great truck for the price and for someone just getting into R/C and a fun truck to mess around with on a track for a someone more experienced. The Jammin is great from what people say but I have not driven one so I will not say my opinion on driving it except for it is a older design which seems to still run very well, again though it is something everyone has and I would rather be different. That is just me. I just think you would be very happy (not happier) with the castor. I have had over 7 different truggies in the past year on my top 3 that I have owned would be ST-RR, K8T, Hyper ST Pro. Good luck with your BCE! Can't go wrong with that in my book!

Oh and you said I talked it up more than any other truggy??? How can that be, I never said it was a THUNDER TIGER ST-1! LOL
Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
MightyMouse75

[/quote]
Oh and you said I talked it up more than any other truggy??? How can that be, I never said it was a THUNDER TIGER ST-1! LOL
[/quote]

Very True.. that one is talked up quite a bit..For good reason, it's pretty darned inexpensive..
I have been seriously considering a K8T since January.. checking it out, liking the bling factory, but it doesn't come with the captured pins, and doesn't it have plastic/composite chassis braces? I just want to make sure I get something that doesn't "NEED" too many upgrades. .. like my jammin was/is...

Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: MightyMouse75

Very True.. that one is talked up quite a bit..For good reason, it's pretty darned inexpensive..
I have been seriously considering a K8T since January.. checking it out, liking the bling factory, but it doesn't come with the captured pins, and doesn't it have plastic/composite chassis braces? I just want to make sure I get something that doesn't "NEED" too many upgrades. .. like my jammin was/is...

The captured hinge pins cost about 15.00 from caster and the Mugen captured hinge pins are exactly the same ones. Also the K8T (kit) does come with 7075 aluminum everywhere including the chassis braces, steering top plate and also has 7075 hinge pin blocks on front AND rear of both diffs unlike most that have on aluminum and one plastic. Only upgrade it really needs is the captured pins and side mud guards. The rest is great as-is unless you want to get really into it and order the lightened milled chassis and change the spur gear and center diff to Mugen specs.