Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

mayhem st

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
losi8tboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mayhem st

i am going to get one, with the sw v2 engine are the cars any good, arnt they fast
Old 03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Coopz

Default RE: mayhem st

They are ok, but their short wheelbase and buggy heritage means they aren't much of a match for modern truggies. They are also a bit on the flimsy side, the token Mayhem at my club is always breaking things, usually the arms.
The V2 engine is good value but a bit hard to tune. I have one, it runs well but is a absolute PITA to start if its hot.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

I looked at the mayhem ST when I was in the market for my truggies and everything I read about them seemed to point in the direction of many modifications to get it close to the other Truggies. At the time I had read so many good things about the mayhem buggy I thought the ST would be a good buy but my research proved otherwise . Unless they(Sportwerks) have made some serious changes the ST is shorter and more narrow than all other Truggies. If you only plan on bashing it and I mean ONLY, then it really doesn't matter I guess. If you even think you might go to a track and race, I would look at something else. When I was reading up on the ST they made a longer chassis and all the parts you need to convert to it but it was not cheap. Good luck but I would do some more reading...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
pur3evil

Stock, they're nothing special. They can be competetive in club level racing, but it takes quite a few modifications to get it there. The main one being an extended chassis, if you can find one anymore. I raced mine all last season, and did quite well with it. I actually broke less often than most racers running other rigs.

Also, I believe the Mayhem ST was just discontinued. This will mean parts are going to get a bit more expensive and harder to find. Most of the parts are compatible w/ the buggy, but the arms, ring/pinion gears, and a couple of other items are not.

If you're interested, there are a few people over at Truggyracers still racing the Mayhem ST in modified form. There are a number of threads over there that will let you know what you need to get it to drive like other truggys.

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...?showforum=124

-Howard