Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
revoskid32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sway bars?

honestly,whats the point of sway bars, like what do they do? it just looks like it would keep the a-arms from moving.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM
rc monkey

Default RE: sway bars?

they stop the car rolling arround through the corners.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
madmax22

better for ON-ROAD driving. off road will get really bad handling.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 PM
spikeman

When going through the corners and the inner tires start to come off the ground the sway bar helps push them down and keep them down. In some cases it limets suspension travel.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
sloppyG

you know how in a real car, especially like an SUV when you go around a corner the whole car leans over.. swaybars make the car stay more level through the corner, and can also be used to tune the handling balance from under/oversteer
Old 03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: madmax22

WHAT......U dont even have a Freeking clue what u are talking about. ..why say something u have Zero Knowledge on. ?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Coopz

Some ppl remove the front bars to improve slow speed cornering (I think). Heard it works well on the heavy LSP Pro R.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
spikeman

ORIGINAL: Coopz

Some ppl remove the front bars to improve slow speed cornering (I think). Heard it works well on the heavy LSP Pro R.
I do that with my ST-1
Old 03-20-2008, 05:58 PM
jay863fl

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

WHAT......U dont even have a Freeking clue what u are talking about. ..why say something u have Zero Knowledge on. ?

Integra, I know you think youre the be all end all of RC, but before you go accusing people of being clueless why dont you stop the piehole running for a minute and kick the brain into gear?

Madmax is partially right. I would be willing to bet you my next check against yours you wont find a lot of swaybar discussion on the Crawler forum. MT either really. If your racing a buggy or truggy, sure you need them, sometimes.

So, in answer to the OP's question, swaybars are situational. It depends on what youre doing if you need them or not.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
INTEGRA

no comment.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
revoskid32

ORIGINAL: jay863fl

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Integra, I know you think youre the be all end all of RC, but before you go accusing people of being clueless why dont you stop the piehole running for a minute and kick the brain into gear?

Madmax is partially right. I would be willing to bet you my next check against yours you wont find a lot of swaybar discussion on the Crawler forum. MT either really. If your racing a buggy or truggy, sure you need them, sometimes.

So, in answer to the OP's question, swaybars are situational. It depends on what youre doing if you need them or not.
i agree, i was just bout to say the same thing, integra, all i see from you is how stupid everone else is
then, i dont see you say anything smart yourself. And im starting to doubt you know anything at all

ANYWAYS! back on topic. thanks for the info guys i was just wondering, so it lets the car sway, but not roll?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
jay863fl

Basically as you make a turn, the outside wheel gets pushed down, and the inside wants to rise, the swaybar hooks both sides together, so that when the outside pushes down, its also pushing the inside wheel down.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I run swaybars on my monster truck and of course my truggy. I vary the diameter as a tuning option, they are critical for offroad racing.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:05 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

a "sway bar" is actually an anti sway bar and it doesnt just push the wheel thats lifting down. what a sway bar does is it depending on thickness of the bar and how its set up will tie your 2 suspension arms together so they counter act each other if your inside wheel is lifting up the bar will partially pull up on your outside wheel to lower the inside wheel they are not always the best for the front of a big truck on american tracks but they do help out alot on the rear for me it always seems easier to hang the tail out with a sway bar on the back
Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Page 42 of my Xray XT8 users manual
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
madmax22

i took em off i didnt like the way it handled at all[:'(] i guess its just my track its tight and all of the corners are slow.