Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

MOTOR MOUNTS FOR KYOSHO ST US SPORTS TRUGGY?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

MOTOR MOUNTS FOR KYOSHO ST US SPORTS TRUGGY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 PM
mattyb13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOTOR MOUNTS FOR KYOSHO ST US SPORTS TRUGGY?

Hi all, I have a KYOSHO ST US SPORTS TRUGGY. Fun truggy but the engine is anemic in my opinion so I intend to put something else in it. The stock engine mounts directly to the chassis (weird.) Can you guys recommend an inexpensive motor mounting package for me? Motor plates??? Mounts??? Probably put an SH.28 in it as thats what I have ready to go. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
shankdog626

Default RE: MOTOR MOUNTS FOR KYOSHO ST US SPORTS TRUGGY?

the stock str motor mounts won't go in it ?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
mattyb13

Its the ST US SPORTS RTR Truggy. The stock GXR-28 engine mounts directly to the chassis. So in short I dont know if the ST-R mounts will work. I guess I was hoping that someone out there had done this and could offer some advice. Thnx...
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
mtbkym01

yes the stock mounts will fit, here is another choice for you [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALLOY-Engine-Mount-Kyosho-MP7-5-MP-7-5-MP777-Inferno-GT_W0QQitemZ140233968107QQihZ004QQcategoryZ34061QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]click here[/link]
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 AM
RcRacer37E

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

yes the stock mounts will fit, here is another choice for you [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALLOY-Engine-Mount-Kyosho-MP7-5-MP-7-5-MP777-Inferno-GT_W0QQitemZ140233968107QQihZ004QQcategoryZ34061QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]click here[/link]
Those mounts will do the trick. Kyosho quality is top notch then they produced this rtr truggy. The gsx 28 they tossed in this truggy isnt worth a squirt of fuel.
The diffs have one set of bevel gears vs four as one should have, problems will come from them. Im a big fan of Kyosho but this truggy made me say, "what the hell was Kyosho thinking."
Old 05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Jerzferno

Nascardad, its an entry level truggy. Nothing more. You cant expect it to have 777 performance. What did you think you were getting when you got a RTR kit for $399?
Old 05-18-2008, 07:58 PM
RcRacer37E

I know its an entry level truggy, I just stated that for a kyosho its sad even for a entry level. Im a huge fan of kyosho and love the quality but I fell kyosho could have done alot better for an entry level truggy performance and quality wise.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Jerzferno

Yeah the engine is a little bit less desireable. I know, I have the US sports buggy. The mounts recommended above will work fine. I used the WC 777 mounts when I installed an OS V-Spec. I invested more and aside from the chassis and a few minor partrs, I now have as close to a WC 777 as you can get. Still way under the price of it too.