Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

mach .28 L8T

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mach .28 L8T

I can't figure out why I constantly blow plugs. After one run the plug fails. I tried the MC59 plug, the McCoy plug and the stock plug all of them blow after one run. Does anybody know what may have happen to my engine ?

CAP
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: mach .28 L8T

I had it happen with a sportwerkss v2 that I had sit for a couple days after putting lot of after run oil in . . . I went through 4 plugs that day then let sit for a week and it never blew another plug . . . it didnt blow plugs just needed different plug to start . . . those plugs were still good . . . are the plugs no good after one use ?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 PM
rebelracer246

the v2 is what im running and and i have only went through one the stock and thats it
Old 06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
RC-Captain

Yea the plugs are bad, they will not light. But I found the problem.........a piece of thread from the button head got into the cylinder and made some raised marks on the head and the top of the piston. The cylinder walls were not damaged at all so I think I can still run without a problem. I sanded the raised marks on the button head and cleaned out the threads for the glow plug. I will post results ASAP.

CAP