Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
J24gordon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Thats great.!

I love the first place trophy tho, a sticker .

My X2's outta comission for about 2 weeks or so [&o].

I like the body you got on in the first pic, what body is that.? Nice paint job...
The body was 1 I had for my X1(proline) and a buddy painted it for me why's your X2 down?

sjsschwarz, I use a 7955-tg now and it's been great. I do still have a 1015 for my throttle which is over kill but it work...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:47 AM
joeling

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

I have ACE servos in all my buggys & truggies & MTs & the failure rate is about 10%. Give it another shot.

ORIGINAL: sjschwarz

I broke my ACE 1015 steering servo today. Looks like one of the gears came apart... I have heard about others having problems with this servo too. Anyone suggestions for an alternative with similar or better performance?

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 AM
J24gordon

here's some pics of the X2 after I got it cleaned up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78551.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1048064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29564.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1048065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52170.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1048066  
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
xc7

I'm looking for info on which King Headz motor mount I need for both the JPX .21 and the .28. Is there one that will fit both? Or do I need to buy both these mounts? or are these only good for the X1?

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/5103]Picco .21 mount[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/5102]Picco .28 mount[/link]

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a while back but I can't find it.

Thanks,
~John
Old 10-08-2008, 09:41 AM
J24gordon

I think there only for the X1, the x2 doesn't have the z-brace. I could be wrong though
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

the x2 just has the straight brace beside the center diff which I suppose is to act much like the z brace lol but no there is no actual z brace on the x2
Old 10-11-2008, 02:26 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: xc7

I'm looking for info on which King Headz motor mount I need for both the JPX .21 and the .28. Is there one that will fit both? Or do I need to buy both these mounts? or are these only good for the X1?

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/5103]Picco .21 mount[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/5102]Picco .28 mount[/link]

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a while back but I can't find it.

Thanks,
~John

Just buy the Ofna mount, its the only one that works properly ( As of now ). I use it, and I honestely dont know how I went about without it. So easy to pull the engine, 4 3MM screws, and its out, no need to re-set the mesh or anything.

Makes checking the Clutch and bearings SO much easier on race day .!

Heres a few pics

__

ORIGINAL: NewKid

the x2 just has the straight brace beside the center diff which I suppose is to act much like the z brace lol but no there is no actual z brace on the x2

Yep. X2 on that .
Old 10-11-2008, 08:14 PM
sjschwarz

The King Headz web site has the next X2 mounts online now. They have two versions, one extended, one not.

Do you guys know if the servo saver on the X2 is adjustable? I keep bending my steering servo horn.

Also, I broke one of my rear lower arms today. The part #s in my X2 catalog pull up X1-CRT parts. Are they the same, i.e., identical?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:07 AM
qaiz

The King Headz web site has the next X2 mounts online now. They have two versions, one extended, one not.

Do you guys know if the servo saver on the X2 is adjustable? I keep bending my steering servo horn.

Also, I broke one of my rear lower arms today. The part #s in my X2 catalog pull up X1-CRT parts. Are they the same, i.e., identical?
Didnt know about the KH'z mounts. But good to see aftermarket parts coming out for the X2.

Yep the servo saver is adjustable, theres like a dial you turn. Right hand side of the streeing post, you'll see a spring. Just adjust it. Also, just a tip, Alum servo horn was the end of all my steering issues.

And yep, the X1 arms do fit, and good thing, Hong Nor has made ALL the X1 replacement parts, as stiff as the X2 stock parts ( X2 plastics have more glass in them - Hence stiffer ). So the X1's are identical to the X2 in everyway ( Plastic Parts ) .
Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
EMO1982

Hey guys ,

Im in need of some help please.

I have this 2 peice engine mount http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/image-browser.do?i=2&item=309 .

The problem is i dont have the larger screws or the washers . Could someone please tell me the size of these screws ?

thanks

Pete
Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM
bobyracing

Fitted this mount myself yesterday.Bolts are 4mm x 18mm with a split washer used to stop it coming loose.Thread length is 12.5 mm from split washer to end of bolt.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:16 PM
EMO1982

ORIGINAL: bobyracing

Fitted this mount myself yesterday.Bolts are 4mm x 18mm with a split washer used to stop it coming loose.Thread length is 12.5 mm from split washer to end of bolt.
Thanks man.

Ive ordered them off ebay

Cheers

Pete
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
J24gordon

Well qaiz I broke down and put the O.S. in and man that thing hauls *****. I qaulified#1 but in the last qualifyer I broke the connecting rod somehow[][]Still love they way this truggy handles and can't wait for my new O.S. .28 to come in lol
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
qaiz

No pics.!?

That sucks about the Con, sure it was broken in properley.?

I got like 4 gallons or so on mine, and its still running good. And mines been tortured.! Last race like a month or so ago, she peaked at 345F. Left her too lean and forgot to richen her up [&:]. And shes still running fine lol.

Im gonna be switching to a Clockworked JPX .21 soon. Just waiting on the funds to start coming in again, and I should be back in business .

I havent touched my X2 in nearly a month [sm=eek.gif].! Need to break her out and hit the track next weekend.!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 PM
J24gordon

My wife lost the camera lol so when we get some $ we need to get a new one. Yes I think it was broke in right ...but not sure i bought it used, so guess i won't be doing that anymore lol. I did order 2 new ones so the break in process all over again. My jammin was running good till last weekend when it developed a air leak though the carb slide, Still have to find and fix that though.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:06 PM
qaiz

Damn, that sucks about the camera. Have lost a few myself and hate it when that happens.!

Lol didnt you atleast run a few tanks threw it Just to make sure. 2 new what, Conrods.? You only need one

As for the JPX, just get some nitro carb sealent ( NOT RTV ) and seal it up

Heres what I use

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/17237
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
J24gordon

Yes, I was on my 5th tank. 2 new .28 os max xz'sThanks for the link
Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
sjschwarz

My wheels keep falling off. Any suggestions? I re-tighten the nuts after every heat and before the main. Should I lock tight them?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 AM
qaiz

I use these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4683

Never had a wheel fall off. But a buddy of mine uses locktite. Either way, you'll be fine...
Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 AM
bobyracing

FAST926P FASTRAX 17MM X 1.25 NYLOC WHEEL NUTS - PURPLE (4) I use these fastrax nyloc nuts .Available in blue or purple as i had the the same problem with wheels coming off.Fixed the problem for me.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
sjschwarz

How often do you guys change your fuel filter?

Also, back to the wheel nuts. I bought the 17mm nyloc nuts from the RC8 and they don't seem to thread onto my X2 axles... Does AE use a different thread than Jammin?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:01 AM
NewKid

yea threads are often diffrent between companies..I think you just need new nuts as the ones you're using must be stripped unless you're using the wrong tool tighten them...do you have an actual 17mm wrench?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
bobyracing

Another trick to use concerning your wheels falling off ,is to take out your hack saw or dremel tool and cut a few grooves in the back of the wheel nut.Helps the nuts dig into the wheel rim stopping them from loosening up.A free fix is allways satisfying tooSure loads of people have had this problem with wheels coming off the x2.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM
sjschwarz

I am having trouble with the servo arm on my steering servo. I am using the Hitec 7995TG servo and a Losi alloy servo arm. The ball end contacts the top of the servo case once the servo is turned a certain distance clockwise, limiting my steering throw in one direction. Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking of switching to the OFNA alloy servo arm, since it is a little longer than the Losi arm, but not by much.

Another question, do you guys set your steering endopoint with the car sitting on the ground, or with the wheels lifted off the ground?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
NewKid

I am having trouble with the servo arm on my steering servo. I am using the Hitec 7995TG servo and a Losi alloy servo arm. The ball end contacts the top of the servo case once the servo is turned a certain distance clockwise, limiting my steering throw in one direction. Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking of switching to the OFNA alloy servo arm, since it is a little longer than the Losi arm, but not by much.

Another question, do you guys set your steering endopoint with the car sitting on the ground, or with the wheels lifted off the ground?
yes I bought a dynamite one yesterday and it's perfect the losi is just too low on the laydown servo if you had a car with stand up servo it'd be fine..so a longer one is all you'll need..my suggestion don't use the ofna one if it uses inserts because the hitec servo has soo much power it'll strip the little inserts left and right

other than that have fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.