Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
redfox03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

that truck is lookin awesome. how are you liking that OS .28?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
qaiz

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

Thanks Guys.

And thanks for the tip Phat, gonna do that

Did the body today, and honestely, its exceeded my expectations. The pics do not do it justice.

JoyDude has seen it, and he'll vouge on how amazing it looks.

Simple, Florucent Green, carefully sprayed along with Black.

Damn this thing looks good.!

I know gloating is a bad thing

X2 FTW.!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: redfox03

that truck is lookin awesome. how are you liking that OS .28?
Thanks.

That OS 28 is something else.

Check the vids out.

Ill try and hit the track tomorrow and get some real vids up.

Keep Posted.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 AM
ecocav04

the truggy looks good. nice build with pictures. i love my x1 with the bce pjx conversion. i hope the x2 is just as good
Old 07-22-2008, 05:16 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice lookin' ride..
Old 07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
qaiz

Thanks.

Some more pics..

Brakes show no fading after about a gallon, still going strong

Some more body pics

So damn easy to clean, I love how the fuel tank is just held on by 2 body clips.

The Linage Brace I was talking about

Cleant her up real good yesterday for tomorrows race

JP 4 Burnt my fuel tank [:@]

Otherwise, everything looking good.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

It looks way easy to clean. I like that the fuel tank is clipped in. I also like the small cups on the bottom side of the brake disc's. That's different, I can see where that would help in the braking consistency department. Looks like it's worth the wait. lol Qaiz, can you take some pics of the radio box and the internals.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: phattracker

It looks way easy to clean. I like that the fuel tank is clipped in. I also like the small cups on the bottom side of the brake disc's. That's different, I can see where that would help in the braking consistency department. Looks like it's worth the wait. lol Qaiz, can you take some pics of the radio box and the internals.
Sure, ill just take the pics and post them up.

Keep posted.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
qaiz

Here are your pics phat. Lemme know if you want anymore pics....

Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 AM
phattracker

Thanks Qaiz!!! Didn't realize they changed them that much. What's that battery you got there? Size, Specs, and so on...? I'm still looking for a center diff assembly from an X2 to try to put on my X1. Had no luck yet, they are still to new. lol Keep us posted on the success you have with your new truggy. How do you pronounce your RCU name?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 AM
Nathan9492

Looking great.

Is it a light truggy?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 AM
qaiz

Thanks Qaiz!!! Didn't realize they changed them that much. What's that battery you got there? Size, Specs, and so on...? I'm still looking for a center diff assembly from an X2 to try to put on my X1. Had no luck yet, they are still to new. lol Keep us posted on the success you have with your new truggy. How do you pronounce your RCU name?
No problem, at the moment got a 5 Cell 2500MaH Custom Energizer Pack. No idea about the dimensions, but gonna ditch it for a LiPo as soon as they come back in stock at the LHS...

Im racing it today again, lets see what happens. Still not comfortable with this engine.

@ Nathan

Its lighter than my buggy LOL.

Compared to the X1, MUCH lighter.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:56 AM
ecocav04

im happy they stuck with the radio box it seemed to eb the perfect size for diffrent packs and recievers
Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: qaiz

No problem, at the moment got a 5 Cell 2500MaH Custom Energizer Pack. No idea about the dimensions, but gonna ditch it for a LiPo as soon as they come back in stock at the LHS...

Im racing it today again, lets see what happens. Still not comfortable with this engine.

@ Nathan

Its lighter than my buggy LOL.

Compared to the X1, MUCH lighter.

looking good ! the 28 XZ definitely has some bang in it.....have you ever weighed the truggy in ready to run condition ?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:06 AM
phattracker

Did I read somewhere that they are using spring steel in the drive shafts and turn buckles?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:47 PM
qaiz

@ ecocav04

True, fits all RX Packs without a hassle . Always loved that about Jammin..

@ Supertib

XZ's got a lotta bang in it LOL. Its much smoother compared to the Picco, but Im gonna throw a .21 in there soon and run it. It ran like a dream with the JP B7T in it, so much more controllable.

No offical weight, but its MUCH MUCH MUCH lighter. I did manage to compare it to a TT ST1 Pro someone was running the other day, it feels MUCH lighter and MUCH easier to drive. The owner of the ST1's jumping on the X2 bandwagon soon .

Its got a kinda finesse to it, its extremely planted, yet needs that " Fine Tuning " in the corners, I love that, you go in at any speed, mess up, have time to correct your mistake, and come out looking like a hero .

@ Phat

Might be, how would I identify if its using Spring Steel . Is there any test or anything LOL..

Did the first batch of UpGrades today, picked up the new " Light Weight " Spur gear, and re-built the center diff. And changed the O Ring in the Shocks, were starting to wear for some absurd reason.

Will get pics up.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:45 PM
phattracker

Well, I think spring steel from Hudy is a bronzeish gold color.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
qaiz

Well Hong Nor ( Jammin ) made good on their X2...

The O Rings in the Shocks of all the X2's that were in stock at the LHS were wearing abnormally fast. No idea why, they just were.

They sent us a complete new set . Damn good service IMO.

For now, Lightened Spur Gear, and the New Shock O Rings.

Also picked up the CNC radio tray posts and wing stay posts, will install them later tonighte.

Im absoloutely amazed by the brakes this thing has, insanely powerfull, but dosent lock up all 4. My damn buggy cant stop this well.!

Also made the switch to LiPo for the RX pack today, SO MUCH LIGHTER.!

Now only thing im confused is how much foam to use LOL, dont want it bouncing around all over.!

Well few pics for now..

New Spur

Old Spur

My brakes

And last, the O rings

They were COMPLETELY worn [X(]

Also they've moved off that horrible purple packaging LOL

Looks so much better now.!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
J24gordon

well after seeing your build Qaiz I had to get one lol, should be here next week. Thanks for the great pics of the build!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
sparko

Man, I need to hire you as a mechanic! You do great work.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: J24gordon

well after seeing your build Qaiz I had to get one lol, should be here next week. Thanks for the great pics of the build!
Your Welcome .!

Trust me, you'll love it, just set it up right. Lemme know if you have anymore questions, Ill be more than happy to help ya out.

1 tip from the beginning, READ THE DAMN MANUAL LOL.! And look at what I said in the previous page about some of the screws being in differient bags..

ORIGINAL: sparko

Man, I need to hire you as a mechanic! You do great work.
Thanks

You pay shipping, id assemble an X2 for ya free of charge . Thats pretty much all ive been doing for friends the past week LOL.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
McFly505

The shafts are made from 4130 and will cost you a small fortune to replace when the time comes.

Retail on the F/R shafts is $75.00
Amain wants $61.99

Scott
Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: McFly505

The shafts are made from 4130 and will cost you a small fortune to replace when the time comes.

Retail on the F/R shafts is $75.00
Amain wants $61.99

Scott
Whats 4130 LOL?

Sorry im not metal savvy.

Is it good or bad
Old 07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
qaiz

Alright found it.

Looks to be good LOL

AISI 4130 is a low alloy steel containing molybdenum and chromium as strengthening agents. The carbon content is nominally 0.30% and with this relatively low carbon content the alloy is excellent from the fusion weldability standpoint. The alloy can be hardened by heat treatment

Typical applications for 4130 low alloy steel include. structural use such as aircraft engine mounts and welded tubing applications.

Physical Data : [top]

Density (lb / cu. in.) 0.283
Specific Gravity 7.8
Specific Heat (Btu/lb/Deg F - [32-212 Deg F]) 0.114
Melting Point (Deg F) 2610
Thermal Conductivity 22.3
Mean Coeff Thermal Expansion 7
Modulus of Elasticity Tension 29

Info off http://www.suppliersonline.com/prope.../4130.asp#Spec

Seems like its a good grade of metal to me...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Draxan

Hello. I got X2 too and i try to build it in weekend. Where You buy this Lightened Spur Gear ? Can You give me link to it pls ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.