Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 AM
sjschwarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

Well, it looks like my chassis is indeed bent. The rearmost part (where the rear skid plate is) is bent upwards a few mm with respect to the wider, center part of the chassis. This must be why I can't get the reconstructed rear chassis brace to go back into place.

I have new plastic braces (thanks benoit) and alloy braces on the way. Do you guys think I can force the chassis back into its normal position using the braces, or do you think I need to buy a replacement?

Also, where are you guys getting your bodies painted, and how much is it costing (US$$)? Also, are you all using X2 bodies, or something aftermarket?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
joeling

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd show off my BL eletric X2. Had a brief session last weekend & it was way too powerful for me :

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
J24gordon

ORIGINAL: sjschwarz

Well, it looks like my chassis is indeed bent. The rearmost part (where the rear skid plate is) is bent upwards a few mm with respect to the wider, center part of the chassis. This must be why I can't get the reconstructed rear chassis brace to go back into place.

I have new plastic braces (thanks benoit) and alloy braces on the way. Do you guys think I can force the chassis back into its normal position using the braces, or do you think I need to buy a replacement?

Also, where are you guys getting your bodies painted, and how much is it costing (US$$)? Also, are you all using X2 bodies, or something aftermarket?
You might be able to straighten it out, I'm not sure how bad it is. I put locktite on the screw going into the locknut on the braces just to make sure it won't ever back out. I've had it happen with my X1 and tweeked the chasis so much i killed a spur gear. I've been painting my own bodies(1 or more pages back) the x1 bodies do fit.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that chassis will never be the same again... your going to need to buy a new chassis !
Old 09-02-2008, 02:31 PM
sjschwarz

ORIGINAL: supertib

that chassis will never be the same again... your going to need to buy a new chassis !
You're probably right. Does anyone know when X2 parts are going to be available in the US? Trying to get stuff on e-bay is going to make me broke.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
J24gordon

I buy almost all my parts on ebay for cheap!!!!Not sure when you'll be able to get parts besides there
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
traitor

I got my x2 chassis of ebay with linkage brace for 41.00 dollars.I`ve seen them go as cheap as 30 and as high as 90,it all just depends on how patient you are or how badly/quickly you need it!Also you can get parts from a-main,chassis from them is just over a hundred bucks,personaly i think your better of with ebay.I was just on ebay and there is some chassis`s coming up, and there are some still at .99 cents!! Good luck!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

How much does the X2 weigh?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
xc7

ORIGINAL: SavageSpawn

How much does the X2 weigh?
Mine weighs in at 9.56 lbs fully dressed with body, 2 cell LiPo pack, regulator, all fluids except no Nitro fuel.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

joe which neu motor you got on it? i've got another x1 that i might convert to electric..gonna go mm/neu/4s-5s setup.. geared for track running
Old 09-07-2008, 02:53 PM
sjschwarz

Do you guys know if the rear drive shaft (center diff to rear diff) from a X1 will fit a X2? I bent mine this afternoon... Thanks!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
qaiz

Nope, sorry, wont fit. X2's longer...

How'd you bend it.!?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
sjschwarz

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Nope, sorry, wont fit. X2's longer...

How'd you bend it.!?
Thankfully, Amain had them in stock. But, bent it due to the broken chassis brace. Tried zip-tying the chassis brace back together, but it didn't hold up. As a result, the chassis bent far enough to bend the universal chaft. Bummer.

Anyway, track was a mess today and the X2 is super dirty. What do you guys use to clean it up?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 AM
qaiz

Simple green and an air compresser. Workes wonders, and a lil' coat of WD 40 after its done.

Gonna clean mine today, will get pics of how it looks once im done .
Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
sjschwarz

Thanks quaiz. A few follow-on questions:

(1) do you use simple green in a spray container?
(2) if yes to #1, do I simply spray the simple green on, and then blast it off with my air compressor?
(3) once I spray the WD40 on, do I need to wipe it off, blast it with the air compressor, or what?

Thanks for the help. My X2 looks like a mess and it's upsetting me...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 AM
qaiz

Yep, simple green in a spray container, use a lot, dont be cheap .

Just spray it on, let it soak for a few seconds, and then blast it off, and for the hard stuff, let it soak for a lil' longer and you'll be set.

I just use the air compresser to take off the WD 40 once I spray it on. Just wipe the underneath of the chassis with a rag.

And for cleaning the body, soap and water.

And tyres, a nice brush with sturdy bristles, and start scrubbing away.

Lemme know how it goes.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
sjschwarz

Thanks, this sounds like a great method. I've been wasting my time wiping all the parts with bounty.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
qaiz

How long does that take.!?

Wow, dedication at its best.!

I usually do a complete strip down once in two weeks or so...

Just finished doing the shocks, gonna start on the diffs soon...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

Weight wise how does it compare to the 8ight T, XT8...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 AM
qaiz

Cant compare it to the 8T, but I recentely built an XT8 for a friend, the X2 feels right on par with that.

Ill try and get a digital scale and will measure up it exactly .
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
sjschwarz

Ok, I'm destroying my X2 part by part....

I have some hub bearings that are shot.

Would these be acceptable replacements: http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...?idproduct=301

Or would they be lower quality than the stock bearings from the X2 kit?

What bearings would you guys recommend, without going overboard on price?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, I'm destroying my X2 part by part....

I have some hub bearings that are shot.

Would these be acceptable replacements: http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...?idproduct=301

Or would they be lower quality than the stock bearings from the X2 kit?

What bearings would you guys recommend, without going overboard on price?

http://www.avidrc.com/
Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 AM
qaiz

I cant find the size on their site any where.

The manual says " 8 x 16 x 4 "

On their site, the only size they have is ' 8 x 16 x 5 '

Anyone have any other ideas, I wanna do a complete ceramic bearing upgrade to my X2...

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
sjschwarz

ORIGINAL: qaiz

I cant find the size on their site any where.

The manual says " 8 x 16 x 4 "

On their site, the only size they have is ' 8 x 16 x 5 '

Anyone have any other ideas, I wanna do a complete ceramic bearing upgrade to my X2...

Thanks.
I haven't seen a 8x16x4 ANYWHERE, but a ton of 8x16x5, so I think it was a typo.

Anyway, I ordered this ceramic kit from tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPTD2&P=7

It is for the X1 CRT, but includes all the bearings in my X2 manual. The bearings for the steering ackerman are not listed, but they are shown in the photo, and I believe they are included...

We'll see!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
qaiz

Thanks for the link.

Got a set on the way too.

But yeah, probably a typo, Page #29 of the manual..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.