Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

another 8t or what ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another 8t or what ?

Last weekend I sold my 8t ... ever since I havnt been able to sleep ... I am looking over every truggy known to man everywhere possible and I'm just looking for advice on whether or not I should get the 8t again or make a lateral movement and try somthing different ? thanks for comments and suggestions ...
Old 08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: another 8t or what ?

8ight-T! The RC8T might not be too bad, but then again, the 8ight-t is amazing. 8t all the way bro!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:39 PM
DS

rc8t all the way
Old 08-02-2008, 04:38 PM
socal450

I would suggest going with something different,I love my 8ight-t,but if I had sold it I would get something different.There are so many choices now.You know you wont go wrong with the Losi,its a great truck! I guess it will come down to $$$$ also.........
Old 08-02-2008, 05:53 PM
mordraid

Just to try something different i wouls try either the jammin X2 or the RC8T
Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM
vnmsgt

Get something different! Have you seen the Caster K8T. You'd be surprised!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
mabuecker

I will be racing and I know the 8t has what it takes although man the rc8t had not even really crossed my mind ...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:09 PM
mabuecker

I've been looking at the 8t and mbx5t real close ... I have several motors , 9100t&s servos starter boxes and I just need a good rolling truggy now ... looked at a couple used although theres nothing like a new race roller ... where are the best deals on rc8ts ?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Beats me. I don't think the RC8T is out yet. Delayed from July to August.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
hkenvy91

thought about the st-rr?it turns really well! i must say my racin buddy has an 8t, we swap rides sometimes when horsin around and i absolutely love driving it! and he is runnin the bone stock roller setup!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
mabuecker

I looked at them the other night and it seemed like they cost more new and depreciate quick (incase I want to trade in later) I actually started out looking at kyosho truggys rebuilt on ebay then looked at them new ... I just feel like maybe getting a used 8t and doing the necessary fixes to practice once and race once every 2 weeks ... I have 2 race roller buggys that I will practice and race at least once a week ...
Old 08-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Pearl_414
Banned

Here's a vid of the RC8T in action in a major race, driven by Ryan Maifield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHUyLeiMsWw

Don't give me this Ryan is a great driver crap and is why the RC8T won, the RC8T won because both, Ryan and the truck are great.

Many say AE has the better drivers, but what about the living legend, 1 of the best drivers on planet earth, by the name of Adam Drake, who drives for Losi? Adam is a millionaire, because he can drive, not because he can't. No more driver excuses.

Most places I saw this truck for sale, was under 600 bucks, cheap, cheap...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 AM
vnmsgt

Great I am going to go out and buy a RC8T and beat Adam Drake!!!!! That's so awesome!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:51 AM
DS

waht about the kyosho st-rr
Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 AM
mabuecker

that video was good to watch ... that guy had a good run going and still could have drove a little better(not that I can come close)I have marshalled for guys that have raced with guys like drake and these guys are superb drivers yet they insist on how much greater driver drake is ... I honestly feel like and its already been said there truly are not any bad choices out there ... overall effecting my decision is the fact that I still have losi hardware and parts ... If I could find a rc8 within a couple days I would consider and the strr the one I would maybe prefer and I cant find is the 808 and when it could be bought ... I'm sure by the end of next couple days I will have a losi ...
Old 08-03-2008, 01:56 PM
mabuecker

bought another 8t
Old 08-03-2008, 03:30 PM
socal450

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! PICS. PLEASE.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
mabuecker

I did pay high dollar shipping so I should get it shortly ... I got 2 rollers for a good deal ... theres some motors , pipes and other electronics that I will test and sell and kind of believe between that and other extras I'll have less than $400 in it total ... the good roller has less than 3 gallons on it and the other has been rebuilt all the way around once and has some wear with at least 2 good diffs ... right now I just sleep good at night knowing theres a truggy beside me lol ... dont tell my ole lady that though lol ...
Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
mabuecker

the thing that sucks I sold my matching 8t & 8b dody with the truggy so I have the buggy body still and no truggy body (maybe I can get it back ? )...
Old 08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

i dunno man imma get me an x2 those are some nice trucks...congrats on the purchase...losi's are good but i want something new now
Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
mabuecker

lol wow I was slose to somthing different ... I just have so much losi hardware , hookups , and really just set up to run an 8t with other buggys I have ... alto gether I will be at even on purchase trade situation I put myself in ... I wouldnt have ever sold my other 8t ...it had 2 gallons on it and was set up perfect and everyone knew it was right on and thats why this guy kept working on getting from me for last weekends race ... he had tried everything to get it from me and I finally gave in ... I got a nice nova rossi 21 out of that sale trade and some hundreds along with a 4-5 gallon race roller 8b and several sets of new tires/wheels and bodies he wanted truggy real bad ... to be honest it all kind of pissed me off so I will rub his nose in that nova motor cause everyone at the track knew he ran it ... its all good though , it will just be so much better in a couple days when I gewt my new 8t outfit ..
Old 08-03-2008, 06:48 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

So you sold your 8T just to go and buy another 8T that's not as good as the one you sold.....

Old 08-03-2008, 07:00 PM
mabuecker

lol hahahahahaha ha ha no the new one will be better than the other one I gaurantee it ... I have a special financing system for this one lol ... that dude up above is hilarious lol ... I dont want to sound greedy cause I didnt want to make the deal in the first place ... he insisted so I gaurentee I will have an even more dialed in roller this time than the last . . . I basically stay around the 8t group whenever possible and seems like I learned enouph for a lifetime on the last one ... I'll show pics of both in a couple weeks ... the last one was a new rtr upgraded to a roller , the new one is a race roller with everything ecxept extra roller chassis and 2 shocks ...