Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

GS Racing SUT worth trying to race?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

GS Racing SUT worth trying to race?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:46 PM
josh h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Racing SUT worth trying to race?

I have 2 GS S.U.T. truggies and I'd like to race one of them. I have an RB .21 in it with a backplate for bump start. It is very durable and pretty quick. It seems to handle extremely well to me and I can keep up with my buddy's stadium truck on an MX track. I've never realy been on a track made for R/C cars. I take all my trucks with me when I go practice at the MX track for ATVs. It has enough power and speed to power it's self through the rythem sections made up of 4-6 foot hills. But I don't know if it will hold up to today's truggies. I'm not going to buy a truck to go race with. I was just wondering if it is raceable. If not, I'll just contenue to play around on the tracks. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Default RE: GS Racing SUT worth trying to race?

Nothing wrong with GS racing stuff, go for it!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
vnmsgt

I think they look pretty good and should be competitive at the club racing level easily. Do it!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:50 PM
josh h

OK, I'll give it a try sometime prety soon. Thanks guys. Any sugestions on an engine for the other GS? It has an ae/thunder tiger 21 in it[:'(]. I realy can't afford another RB. It was given to me by a friend. What is a decent big block for a reasonable price? I remember hearing somthing about STS a while back. Is there any such motor? These are not going to be any hard core races. Just a weekend getaway sometimes.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Oasis TR

The GS SUT's were one of the first truggies (actually the FIRST) on the market..It does have some limitations in the handling department..I would think that it should do fine for club racing..The GS is tough and their diffs do hold up..If you stay within the handling limits and dont push the truggy past it's limits you should be fast with it..Technology passed the GS SUT up a few years ago..It is short (shorter than any other truggy) and it uses buggy arms and axle extenders..so its narrow as well..but it still works reasonably well, you just need to remember that an RC track does bring out handling charistics that running on a wide open BMX track wont..just have fun..
Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 AM
josh h

Yeah I understand It's an old design, so I was quite worried I would look like an idiot. Kinda like bringing a t-maxx to a race where every other truck is a revo. But you guys have made me feel a little better about takin the twins out to the track. But like Oasis said, have fun. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm still open to any comments, set-up tips, motor recomendations, etc.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Oasis TR

On motors the XTM 457 is a good motor for cheap..I have one that I bought for $135 (this includes the stuff to make it a bump motor)..It is fast also
Old 08-10-2008, 07:45 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

On motors the XTM 457 is a good motor for cheap..I have one that I bought for $135 (this includes the stuff to make it a bump motor)..It is fast also
Yeah my friend runs a XTM 457 in his Hyper ST and loves it. He hardly ever tunes it and it just runs and runs and runs!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Oasis TR

A friend of mine won the ROAR sportsman Nats. with one..[X(]..this should tell you that it's fast..
Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM
josh h

Ok, I'll look into it. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
crazy4wdracer
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: josh h

OK, I'll give it a try sometime prety soon. Thanks guys. Any sugestions on an engine for the other GS? It has an ae/thunder tiger 21 in it[:'(]. I realy can't afford another RB. It was given to me by a friend. What is a decent big block for a reasonable price? I remember hearing somthing about STS a while back. Is there any such motor? These are not going to be any hard core races. Just a weekend getaway sometimes.
Yes, STS makes engines. Their website is sts.tw and you can buy sts engines on www.nitrocountryrc.com
There is an sts engines thread here on rcuniverse too.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

A friend of mine won the ROAR sportsman Nats. with one..[X(]..this should tell you that it's fast..
i think i need a tuning lesson cause when i had one it was super slow lol...naw it had a jp-1 with and extender on it and i didn't know how to tune....i've been thinking of trying one hooked up to a jp-3 on my caster when i get one