Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

better truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
revokid14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better truggy

what truggy is better a gs racing xut rtr or a redcat monsoonxp
Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Default RE: better truggy

GS
Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

+1 on the GS
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM
vnmsgt

GS.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM
BIGAIRBEN8T

SAVE ALITTLE MORE MONEY AND GET A LOSI,MUGEN/CASTER,JAMIN,OR X-RAY. AND MAKE SURE YOUR LOCAL HOBBIE SHOP CARRIES ALL THE PARTS OR YOU HAVE ACESS TO A GOOD SUPLIER ONLINE LIKE HOLE SHOT HOBBIES..
Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I 2nd the save a little more money and start with a better truggy. Personally I would go with Losi 8t rtr, because it comes with such a great radio system a real good running stock motor. I have heard the steering servos have some issues. I have always bought the 2nd or third best, and end up with 2 or 3 300. to 400 dollar vehicles. Do it right the first time.

I have a couple truggiesand i cheaped out. i wish now i would have saved a little extra.

I have LST monster truck the JR radio system, and this truck is just a dream come true in the handling and speed department. Believe me a good radio system and servos are worth thier weight in gold.

Good luck
Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Oasis TR

The Losi might come with a 2.4 radio but it still feels cheap to me..Their is nothing wrong wit the GS XUT..It's well bulit, fast..handles great, super tough, and no matter what anyone tries to to tell you the servos and Radio that comes with the Losi RTR are good for an RTR but that is still not saying much..The stock servos on the Losi still should be replaced with better servos..Parts are not hard to get for any GS product..I would go with trhe GS over the Redcat..
Old 08-15-2008, 02:16 AM
Coopz

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN8T

SAVE ALITTLE MORE MONEY AND GET A LOSI,MUGEN/CASTER,JAMIN,OR X-RAY. AND MAKE SURE YOUR LOCAL HOBBIE SHOP CARRIES ALL THE PARTS OR YOU HAVE ACESS TO A GOOD SUPLIER ONLINE LIKE HOLE SHOT HOBBIES..

Mr Caps is on the money but local part support is not important these days.
The GS is the better of the truggies you listed tho.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:19 AM
BIGAIRBEN8T

The truggys you r reffering to are good truggys to start with but your going to up grade them anyway so why not start with a better platform.. I say this because that is what i did I went through lots of car and trucks on the cheeper side of rtr and ended up spending the money in the long run..I am not saying that you wont have fun with the truck or its not worth the money but you will upgrade..So why not just save alittle more and do it right. I wish I had done it that way. Good luck with your choice.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN8T
I say this because that is what i did I went through lots of car and trucks on the cheeper side of rtr and ended up spending the money in the long run..I am not saying that you wont have fun with the truck or its not worth the money but you will upgrade..So why not just save alittle more and do it right. I wish I had done it that way.
Yes I know Benny, you should have gotten the Caster K8T KIT instead of what you got and be in a much better position LOL![sm=biggrin.gif][sm=punching.gif]