Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Very Good 50 MPH Truggy Video !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Very Good 50 MPH Truggy Video !

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very Good 50 MPH Truggy Video !

Here is my latest video of the the JPX 28 powered MBX5T........ today I removed 1 head shim and installed a medium/cool SH #7 plug ( waiting for my Picco order) ..this motor definitely likes the higher compression and cooler plug... previously we ran 46 MPH, today we ran 50 MPH...so the motor gained pretty good IMO......... We Pizza'd the front tires so badly that the centerline if the tire is burnt right down but the rest of the tread is intact.... I am running stock gearing with a 14 th bell, I am running Crimefighter MTR tires ...oh wait maybe they are just MT's LOL...yes they are MT's LOL !......... Well today we gave em a good stretch anyways.... Oh also I am running the M2C 4 shoe clutch, with med/hard shoes and .9 springs... this clutch has been the best performing clutch on the big power motors so far..I am extremely impressed !!!....... This is 100% setup for track racing, I am shocked its hitting 50 MPH with a 14 bell , which I am thinking is right around 43 000 RPM give or take ..... not bad for a long stroke 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yys0sU6c80
Old 08-24-2008, 02:15 AM
dadirtsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Good 50 MPH Truggy Video !

ORIGINAL: supertib

Here is my latest video of the the JPX 28 powered MBX5T........ today I removed 1 head shim and installed a medium/cool SH #7 plug ( waiting for my Picco order) ..this motor definitely likes the higher compression and cooler plug... previously we ran 46 MPH, today we ran 50 MPH...so the motor gained pretty good IMO......... We Pizza'd the front tires so badly that the centerline if the tire is burnt right down but the rest of the tread is intact.... I am running stock gearing with a 14 th bell, I am running Crimefighter MTR tires ...oh wait maybe they are just MT's LOL...yes they are MT's LOL !......... Well today we gave em a good stretch anyways.... Oh also I am running the M2C 4 shoe clutch, with med/hard shoes and .9 springs... this clutch has been the best performing clutch on the big power motors so far..I am extremely impressed !!!....... This is 100% setup for track racing, I am shocked its hitting 50 MPH with a 14 bell , which I am thinking is right around 43 000 RPM give or take ..... not bad for a long stroke 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yys0sU6c80
MEAN.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 AM
ssj2

That's nice, great work supertib.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Draxan

ORIGINAL: supertib

We Pizza'd the front tires so badly that the centerline if the tire is burnt right down but the rest of the tread is intact....
Its becouse Your oil in center diff is to thin. Front weels spin like a crazy and pulling whole car, and rear weels only trying tu push a little .
Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
chrobar

Yeah, I bet if you put some super thick center fluid (50K) you could get better acceleration and maybe top speed. If the front tires look like pizza cutters, you're not getting the full potential because the front tires are still loosing traction and lighting up. Great work nonetheless!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
ericem

Now that the engineers established the issue, I have to admit like all your motors awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
JB COMP

Yet another sweet engine supertib.

Maybe one day I'll get there. After seeing the little timing adjustments (in the engine forum) you did to the picco's make me think I shouldn't go as far as some would think. My next engine is a mach 427, got any tips for it?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 PM
supertib

This Truggy is just my race machine..I have it setup for track racing, not top speed runs LOL.... I just wanted to see how it would run with this setup...I am very happy with 50 MPH from a track setup machine...... Now if we really wanted I could thicken the center and get mopre from it, but then it wouldn't be too good on the track anymore.... even as it sits its barely drivable on a track, a thicker center would make it out of control...
Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
chrobar

Very true. I think you chose too powerful of an engine is you are racing. I thought you were just going to bash the thing haha.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: chrobar

Very true. I think you chose too powerful of an engine is you are racing. I thought you were just going to bash the thing haha.

I modified it to be a race engine, but it turned out to be more powerful then I anticipated......I will change pipes and reduce the venturi to detune it some....