Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Looking For a Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Motox_3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For a Truggy

I am looking for my first truggy i have a couple of revos that will do most of the bashing but i want a truck that can race almost all of the time and bash only when the revos break also i was looking for Race roller or a Kit i narrowed it down to 5 trucks i just want to know the pros and cons of each

Jammin X2 CRT Kit

Jammin X1 CRT Kit

OFNA Hyper ST Pro Kit

Team Losi 8ight T Roller OR Kit

Team Associated RC8T Kit

Thanks

P.S. I am also open to suggestions so i something is better just tell me also i did try the search it did not help

EDIT: Do the Kits come with a clutch and air filter or a pipe or tank or receiver batt
Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: Looking For a Truggy

Out of your suggestions I would go RC8T. I personally never liked the looks of the Jammins but the new X2 does look alot better to me. If you are looking to save some money and since you are open to suggestions you said, then take a look at the Caster K8T KIT. It is a great truggy and cheaper in price, not quality then the ones mentioned above. There is thread here on RCU for it too and have there own support forums on casterracingusa.com

Only thing I do not like on the RC8T are the CF shock towers and lack of mounting adjustments. I am sure they will come out with aluminums ones though.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Motox_3

I just looked at Caster racing web site the Pro Kit does not seem that much cheaper then the Hyper ST Pro Kit and you said it is not as high Quality How bad is it then

EDIT: it is more expensive
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
vnmsgt

The Hyper has HUGE THICK shock towers and HUGE axles that make it really tough and one of the toughest truggies out there IMO and is the only things actually better than most truggies and the K8T BUT it (ST PRO) sacrifices weight because of that and is almost 10.5 lbs ready to race which is pretty heavy. It also does not come with Big Bores and is also narrower and shorter then some truggies too which according to some is not good on most US tracks but I never had a problem when I owned my ST PRO.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 PM
chrobar

Depending on what you will be doing (racing or bashing) choose accordingly. If all you care about is agility and handling, the newest trucks like the RC8T and X2 will probably be the top. If you want great handling and MAX durability, check out the slightly heavier trucks like the Hyper ST, CEN Matrix TR Arena, and Jammin X1 CRT. Both weigh about 10lbs stock, but can easily be lightened. These are the truggies that are new being overtaken by the new rise of truggies. Those are probably the ones you want to look at, plus you can find them the cheapest as well because most people are switching.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Oasis TR

....where did he say the Caster was not quality?? Yea..get a hyper i'm sure you'll be happy..and most likely so will everyone you race with..
Old 09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Split7

well if u want to race i would go RC8T or Losi 8T
Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 AM
J24gordon

Get a jammin X2, it's a great truggy, and you'll have the rest eating your dust
Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Oasis TR

..Last time I checked the Kyosho ST-RR is doing pretty good..last race a few CRT X2's showed up and I did beat them with an ST-RR..so i would have to say as with any truggy you still have to drive them well enough to win..
Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Motox_3

The Kyosho ST-RR is more expensive then the Jammin X2 and the RC8T and if these are the most advanced trucks on the market and newest the wouldn't i want to get one of those also do they come with a clutch, air filter, pipe, tank or receiver batt
Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
J24gordon

X2 comes with a clutch/fly wheel, air filter, and a tank, no pipe, or reciever pack.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ST-RR is killer......... CRT X2 is killer............ I have reports that both handle and perform very similar to each other....
Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
qaiz

Ill throw in the Hyper ST Pro and the X2 too,

The Hypers a tank, extremely durable, a lil' on the heavy side, but a good truck.

The X2's a pure bred race machine, it was born on a track.!

Extremely durable, handles like a dream, and is practically flawless ( Except for the chassy braces ) ...

It comes with a Pipe ( Good one suprisingly.! ), air filter, clutch, flywheel, and clutchbell.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: qaiz

The Hypers a tank, extremely durable, a lil' on the heavy side, but a good truck.

Extremely durable, handles like a dream, and is practically flawless ( Except for the chassy braces ) ...

It comes with a Pipe ( Good one suprisingly.! ), air filter, clutch, flywheel, and clutchbell.

Hyper sucks on big jump tracks tho !! I had to sell mine because of how poorly it handle our track...I can see the Hyper being good on Flat European tracks, but on North American Supercross style tracks the Hyper was not competitive IMO..My Mugen unfortunately ran circles around the Hyper...As well the Mugen has the Hyper beat on durability, just because the Hypers heavier dow not make it tougher...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Motox_3

I looked at the Mugen and it looks very good that is right up there I think the Losi 8ight and The Hyper ST are out of the question so it is now down to the

Jammin X2 CRT

Jammin X1 CRT

Team Associated RC8T Kit

Mugen MBX5T Prospec Kit

The only reason the Jammin X1 CRT is there is because I can get one cheap
Also what is the Pipe that came with the Jammin X2 CRT
Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: Motox_3

The Kyosho ST-RR is more expensive then the Jammin X2 and the RC8T and if these are the most advanced trucks on the market and newest the wouldn't i want to get one of those also do they come with a clutch, air filter, pipe, tank or receiver batt
The prices are very close..these prices are from A Main..my local hobby shop has the Jammin X2 at $630 and the ST-RR at $639, I can get the RC8T for $550..

Kyosho Inferno ST-RR Competition 1/8 Scale Truck Kit $659.99

OFNA Jammin X2-CRT 1/8 Competition Unlimited Monster Truck Kit $599.99

Team Associated Factory Team RC8T Competition Truggy Kit $599.99
Old 09-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Hyper sucks on big jump tracks tho !! I had to sell mine because of how poorly it handle our track...I can see the Hyper being good on Flat European tracks, but on North American Supercross style tracks the Hyper was not competitive IMO..My Mugen unfortunately ran circles around the Hyper...As well the Mugen has the Hyper beat on durability, just because the Hypers heavier dow not make it tougher...
I'm glad to see someone telling it like it is..The new Mugens are suppose to be out soon..but I haven't seen anyone running one yet, and you know they are going to be great..
Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Motox_3

Anyone know where i can see the mugens online that is not there web site i checked tower and amain and both did not have the truck or buggy for that matter also what is the price i cant find that as well
Old 09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
dominicevans

losi 8t
jammin x2
RC8t
hyper st !!!!!!
mugen

thats it
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
dominicevans

btw no one thinks the hyper st is a great truggy?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

btw no one thinks the hyper st is a great truggy?
Nope..not anyone that actually races one on a track with jumps..the Hyper St is so far from being a great truggy your question is sorta funny..it's ok when compared to say a Hellfire or a duratrax..but when compared to the newer truggies it's faults show up..
Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
dominicevans

so which are the bashing truggies? plz dont tell me the ST-1 that thing is just ugly
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Oasis TR

I would look at the Hyper (good basher) The TT ST-1, The new XTM looks good and it's price is killer as well. For bashing I think that the GS XUT is on the list also..anything tough will work..The Losi Muggy..heard good and bad about it..the one that I've seen the guy breaks it a lot..but nothing would hold up to the abuse of this guy..except a Savage..lol
Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Muggy has been VERY tough.. Main thing about the Muggy though is the clutch issues. You can avoid these, if you do the right things - lighter wheels, 12T vented CB, good clutch - Fioroni for ex..(that's pretty much it..)

Here's a short clip of me busting a shock though.. This is after like 5 gallons - first thing I ever broke - and I bought it used.. For bashing, the Muggy is great.. Mine hauls too with the LRP.. The Muggy drivetrain holds up well to the big engines too.. (Did 6 liters with a Nova 528, and still have no major slop on the cups..)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...86085536&hl=de

The Muggy can be a looker too..